Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

View Poll Results: What will you be doing for Christams in these tough times?
Kris Kringal this year 13 13.00%
Financial Crisis has not affected me/us 54 54.00%
We will still go all out on presents this year 6 6.00%
Don't celebrate Christmas 6 6.00%
Whats a Financial Crisis? 21 21.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27-11-2008, 10:38 PM   #31
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

Well, it could effect me this Christmas..... I just started a job 3 months ago (finish probation on Monday 1st) and the work Christmas Party was set to be on this Saturday night. It has now been cancelled, due to the economic crisis, and tightening of expenditure. So with that happening, I am wondering will I have a job for too much longer?
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2008, 10:44 PM   #32
rodderz

Either that or the boss is tight!

Was it a pretty big sort of shindig planned?
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2008, 11:21 PM   #33
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

My Mrs works as a function coordinator at the local RSL ..
Been busier than ever...
After Christmas things will be tight ...
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2008, 12:24 AM   #34
zx10

We work in retail and are having a really strong quarter. Judging by the sales a lot of people are still spending up big this christmas. Good to see that child allowance is going to good use.

I am getting a new car for christmas cause we just bought the mrs a new house. Fair is fair I say.
zx10 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2008, 10:06 AM   #35
cob115
COUPE WHORE

spending a lot less ,next years going to be pretty ugly as far as Adelaide goes ,lots lof people we deal with through work are saying the same thing ,some are looking at closeing down ,and with Rudd n co running the ecnomy eekkkkkk,at least petrol is cheaper love driving my big block coupe stuff Al idiot global warming Gore im going to expand my global carbon foot print right up his asssss cheers pat

1974 Malvern Star Dragstar pushbike mods; bald back tyre, big sissy bar, speckled paint job and buckled front wheel
cob115 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2008, 11:20 AM   #36
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
Either that or the boss is tight!

Was it a pretty big sort of shindig planned?

Boss is not tight, trust me. The market in the IT industry is like an earthquake, the floor just keeps moving and the market is constantly changing. So people holding the bank accounts are just extyra cautious now and don't want to spend any money if at all possible. So it is scary times ahead, for me anyway. The unfortunate thing is, that it has now sent a very bad message throughout the company that the business is in financial trouble.....
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2008, 11:29 AM   #37
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Nup, me and wife will spend up. We'll do our bit to help the nation through difficult times.

We have no more security than the next person, and we, like most of you, are not loaded.

What if every bugger locks up their purse / bank account / biscuit tin, and spends zip this year.

Guarenteed on set of the R word!

If you can - please, o please spend what you can, spend it locally, and buy products manufactured in Australia - if you can find any.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2008, 11:38 AM   #38
woodsy109

It's been good for me so far. Interest rates are going down which is saving me heaps as well as the fuel price. I have a steady and good paying job so unless something happens to that I think that it will help my situation. I don't have shares but have spare cash now so am going to invest in the stockmarket now while it is good value.

The only thing is I just bought a new house about 3 months ago so missed out on at least $14000 FHOG. Not too worried about the price of houses going down because if i sell and the price has gone down, then the next house I buy will be cheaper as well. Long term the price will recover.
woodsy109 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2008, 07:06 PM   #39
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

$250,000 worth of sales in 1 day i dont think the "financial crisis" hit townsville very hard, we are also looking at a bigger year than last

should also see alot of free things come my way soon too, alcohol and gifts from suppliers and free dinners LOL

no crisis here sorry

also got my first credit card, 3 actually and ive actually saved money by using them.... dont know whats wrong with everyone else

2002 Ford Falcon AU S3 SR
2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8
2009 Territory Turbo Ghia

Current: 2012 Audi A4 B8 2.0T Quattro
S3SR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2008, 02:43 PM   #40
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Its affecting me, but as alot of you its in a good way! petrols cheaper alot cheaper and theres lots of sales already happening so ill save of pressie's to!, i personally dont really care if i get presents, i just enjoy time off work to relax!
Old 30-11-2008, 06:34 PM   #41
IDT
Marko

Speaking of Townsville, My kids are coming over from there this Chrissie, can't wait.
Old 01-12-2008, 04:01 AM   #42
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Nup

XRQTR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post