Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-06-2007, 06:29 PM   #31
Tuddy200
Reaching for 200...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
I don't think anyone is specifically isolating P Platers alone, the problem is widely known to exist with the 18-25 yo bracket, it just happens that P Platers make up a large part of that bracket.
It was stated that the driver was 24 years old, P Plates shouldn't need to be raised I would have thought though?

The media does enough bashing of P Platers in stories like this let alone people always bringing it up as well. I'm a P Plater and I have no trouble in saying that everyone should be doing driver education courses and more tuogh rules, but everyone should remember, the laws/tests are easier then they were many years ago when older people were younger.
Tuddy200 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2007, 06:31 PM   #32
XR8Master

I have found that all the worst drivers are old people and women, why arn't they slamming these groups ?
XR8Master is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2007, 06:43 PM   #33
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR8Master
I have found that all the worst drivers are old people and women, why arn't they slamming these groups ?
Because as a group they're not the ones having and causing most of the rediculous accidents...

Old 29-06-2007, 06:45 PM   #34
XR8GRL
Powered by Tickford

Quote:
There are good and bad in all drivers, but considering the amount of young drivers getting caught speeding, doing illegal drags and causing crashes.. oldies and women aren't the ones causing accidents. I laugh at your response of who is the worst driver considering you are young and smashed up a car? hmm.

SILHOUETTE AUII XR8
Leather, Premium sound, Momo S/wheel & gear knob, Sunroof, 20" Advanti Desires, Bulge, XR50 Front, Pacemaker extractors,
Ballistic cats, 2.5" cat back system, Rebel bar & skirts, XR scuff plates, Kings SL & SSL springs
XR8GRL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2007, 06:47 PM   #35
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Quote:
Because as a group they're not the ones having and causing most of the rediculous accidents...
Exactly right, and while you fools do the stupid stuff on the road, they will always focus their attension on you, and not on the other drivers who are a problem aswell...
philstoj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2007, 06:54 PM   #36
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

Traction control not on?
Old 29-06-2007, 06:59 PM   #37
XR8Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR8GRL
There are good and bad in all drivers, but considering the amount of young drivers getting caught speeding, doing illegal drags and causing crashes.. oldies and women aren't the ones causing accidents. I laugh at your response of who is the worst driver considering you are young and smashed up a car? hmm.
see again, you have no clue as to what happened in my crash yet you laugh and assume it was the P platers fault
Old 29-06-2007, 07:01 PM   #38
FTRXR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder
Traction control not on?

Traction control no longer attached to car . . . .
Tint
USA Focus ST Carbon Fibre shifter
Mountune Symposer Delete
Blue ST Badging
FTRXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2007, 07:06 PM   #39
sexr6tasy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by philstoj
Exactly right, and while you fools do the stupid stuff on the road, they will always focus their attension on you, and not on the other drivers who are a problem aswell...
Its been suggest 18-25 year old males are the worst drivers and the majority who do stupid **** so i hope your not in this age group or sex otherwise that would make you a fool or is it just p-platers your talking about?
sexr6tasy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2007, 07:15 PM   #40
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexr6tasy
Its been suggest 18-25 year old males are the worst drivers and the majority who do stupid **** so i hope your not in this age group or sex otherwise that would make you a fool or is it just p-platers your talking about?
WHY?? does it mater what age he is? I know plenty of decent well behaved 18-25 year olds who freely admit allot of their peers are morons on the road. In fact id go as far as to say the GOOD 18-25 year old drivers ARE the ones who realise their age bracket is a problem and have accepted it and moderated their driving behaviour and attitude as a result.

Old 29-06-2007, 07:21 PM   #41
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder
Traction control not on?
Probably caused the accident, traction control has made me lose control of my car once before, I thought it was off, got sideways and the bloody thing took over and I couldn't recover due to all power to the rears being cut. thats why its the first button i push in my car after starting it.
I would love to see the video footage from the cameras.
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2007, 07:22 PM   #42
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfr rob
Probably caused the accident, traction control has made me lose control of my car once before, I thought it was off, got sideways and the bloody thing took over and I couldn't recover due to all power to the rears being cut. thats why its the first button i push in my car after starting it.
I would love to see the video footage from the cameras.
You cant be serious.......

Old 29-06-2007, 07:30 PM   #43
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As a group how many 18-25 Year olds who are now in there 30's 40's and 50's, ECT did stupid chit as well, year that's right a good % of them, so why do we need to keyboard bash each other about why we need tougher laws, P platers are idiots Ect every time a story is printed about a speeding car crashing and who is the biggest problem on the roads like it's a new problem, cause it's been taking place for 30+ years.

There is nothing new hear, the only problem is the media making it look like something New than needs to be addressed.
Green X is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2007, 07:32 PM   #44
sexr6tasy
Banned

Quote:
WHY?? does it mater what age he is? I know plenty of decent well behaved 18-25 year olds who freely admit allot of their peers are morons on the road. In fact id go as far as to say the GOOD 18-25 year old drivers ARE the ones who realise their age bracket is a problem and have accepted it and moderated their driving behaviour and attitude as a result.

The age not so important the message is you call a certain group something for long enough thats how there gonna start acting you call all p-platers hoons, hit them with draconian laws tell them what they cant do what what they can drive what they cant drive pushing them into unsafer, shitty cars that arnt worth wasting your money on ,keep the car running thats all its gonna be, when the majority of the minority as it has been admitted don't do it there gonna turn around and treat you the way they get treated. Harassment by cops , community automatic judgment of fault in accidents , No driver training, putting them on there p plates for longer with less points and more speed cameras and 3km speed tolerances how long do they put up with it before they snap it seems the answer is 4 years then you can become a normal member of society again. Im not trying to give philstoj **** or start contraversy but **** has to change and so far its only for the worst.
Old 29-06-2007, 07:37 PM   #45
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/04/25/1082831434025.html?from=storyrhs
Over 65s actually constitute the largest group that cause motor accidents. However, because they travel at 20kph in the right hand lane, their accidents are rarely major.

18-24 is the age bracket in which the most fatal accidents occur.

Drivers aged over 65 make up 13 per cent of the population in Victoria, yet last year they comprised 19 per cent of fatalities. More significantly, however, research shows that drivers aged over 65 years have a 25 per cent higher risk per kilometre travelled of being killed in a motor vehicle accident than those in the 17-24 years age group. While the fatality rate across all groups has fallen along with the decline in the road toll over the past 30 years, there has been no drop in deaths among elderly drivers.

ALthough P-platers are often flaming idiots, they are not the only evil on the road. However discrimination is a fear of the media.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2007, 07:41 PM   #46
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green X
As a group how many 18-25 Year olds who are now in there 30's 40's and 50's, ECT did stupid chit as well, year that's right a good % of them, so why do we need to keyboard bash each other about why we need tougher laws, P platers are idiots Ect every time a story is printed about a speeding car crashing and who is the biggest problem on the roads like it's a new problem, cause it's been taking place for 30+ years.

There is nothing new hear, the only problem is the media making it look like something New than needs to be addressed.
As you've clearly identified with your elocution... EDUCATION (or absorbtion of education) maybe what's letting us down...

Last edited by 4Vman; 29-06-2007 at 07:48 PM.
4Vman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2007, 07:44 PM   #47
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The age not so important the message is you call a certain group something for long enough thats how there gonna start acting you call all p-platers hoons, hit them with draconian laws tell them what they cant do what what they can drive what they cant drive pushing them into unsafer, shitty cars that arnt worth wasting your money on ,keep the car running thats all its gonna be, when the majority of the minority as it has been admitted don't do it there gonna turn around and treat you the way they get treated. Harassment by cops , community automatic judgment of fault in accidents , No driver training, putting them on there p plates for longer with less points and more speed cameras and 3km speed tolerances how long do they put up with it before they snap it seems the answer is 4 years then you can become a normal member of society again. Im not trying to give philstoj **** or start contraversy but **** has to change and so far its only for the worst.
I think its far more basic than that, statistical information about the frequency and number of 18 - 25 YO's involved (COMPARED to any other age bracket) in serious accidents speaks for itself.

Old 29-06-2007, 07:47 PM   #48
XR8Master

I would like to know out of the stats for 18-25 year olds what percentage of those crashes where V8's or Turbo's beacuse I bet the majority of these accidents are only 4 and 6 bangers. but hey, when I think about it I must be wrong, 90% must be either non N.a Or V8 beacuse they are the vehicles that cause crashes in the first place, not the operator
Old 29-06-2007, 07:49 PM   #49
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I would like to know out of the stats for 18-25 year olds what percentage of those crashes where V8's or Turbo's beacuse I bet the majority of these accidents are only 4 and 6 bangers. but hey, when I think about it I must be wrong, 90% must be either non N.a Or V8 beacuse they are the vehicles that cause crashes in the first place, not the operator
Its been done to death... however as an group over twice as likely to be involved in a fatal than any other age group...

Old 29-06-2007, 07:50 PM   #50
sexr6tasy
Banned

Quote:
I think its far more basic than that, statistical information about the frequency and number of 18 - 25 YO's involved (COMPARED to any other age bracket) in serious accidents speaks for itself.

I get what your saying 4Vman but theres millions who fall into this age group its just that the minority of this age group is causing the most accidents out of all the other age group minority's that also causes accidents and in my mind to punish the whole for acts of a few is wrong i know thats how it is we can see it with insurance premiums ect. but i still think its wrong just my personal opinion.
Old 29-06-2007, 07:54 PM   #51
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I get what your saying 4Vman but theres millions who fall into this age group its just that the minority of this age group is causing the most accidents out of all the other age group minority's that also causes accidents and in my mind to punish the whole for acts of a few is wrong i know thats how it is we can see it with insurance premiums ect. but i still think its wrong just my personal opinion.
Yes.. i understand that, but how do you identify and ISOLATE those people who are 18-25 and are the one's who will offend and stop them, or at the very least inhibit them?
Id say its nearly impossible.

Old 29-06-2007, 08:03 PM   #52
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
LOL, if i was in that age group then id be saying the same stuff as them... rant, rant, we get picked on, rant, its unfair, rant, why is it only us, there are plenty stupid drivers, rant, its everyone else and not us....
philstoj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2007, 08:08 PM   #53
BOOSTDEF
FPV GT Owner!!!

Quote:
Couldnt agree more. The thing is, Police (and the media) cant target people driving at 3pm in the afternoon. The media will have a field day with any accident in this time period.

You get the good with the bad in all ages/genders/Races.... I too dont think its fair with this BS put on P platers.
- XB Coupe Project
BOOSTDEF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2007, 08:11 PM   #54
MeLLy

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3 chaser
Doesn't really help the up-hill battle for us young people in HP cars...
Well Said...
What a waste of a bloody nice car.....

I know of ppl who can roll their car doing 180 in the wet and almost kill their friend, walk away from it and then crash their new car into a parked car almost a month later, and still not lose their license or get it extended...(And they were on the new p1 & p2 system here...)Because the cops couldnt prove his speed both times. I think his actions speaks very clearly for himself!
But a p plater who gets done doing 70 loses their license instantly?...
They didnt cause a crash,but they could of....The whole prevention thing like the cops can see into the future same as the politions sounds like its set highly on the movie minority report,Act Before it happens...
The system is well and truely Stuffed!
So When is it going to be fair for everyone?
MeLLy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2007, 08:11 PM   #55
Psycho Chicken
Banned

I drive that through that intersection daily, for him to end up where he did from where he started he was driving like a , plain and simple. You have to cross a 8 lanes of traffic, 2 median strips and a service road before you even get to the footpath next to the servo.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2007, 08:12 PM   #56
sexr6tasy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by philstoj
LOL, if i was in that age group then id be saying the same stuff as them... rant, rant, we get picked on, rant, its unfair, rant, why is it only us, there are plenty stupid drivers, rant, its everyone else and not us....

pathetic thats all i got to say
Old 29-06-2007, 08:19 PM   #57
XR8GRL