Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 09-03-2009, 07:11 PM   #31
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

We work in an office, so covering people in bearing blue is a bit hard. Worked with a bloke who was hopeless with computers, always on the phone to helpdesk etc. I took a screenshot of his desktop with outlook and some other stuff open, set it as the background and then hid all his icons - the IT person who had to come and fix his "frozen" computer thought it was pretty funny.

By way of apology, I set his desktop background to a pic of his boat. And spent the next 6 months opening the photo in MS Paint, changing the tinny's name and setting it as the background again - SS Misadventure, The Gaylord etc... Not sure he ever noticed.

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

If you don't fight - You lose
GreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2009, 07:33 PM   #32
mcnamg

When I was working in retail one of the 2IC's had taken the work ute home a few days in a row as his car was a bit of an old heap of junk. (Rusty old Triumph) he had just left his car parked at work and taken the ute. You couldnt see where his car was parked from where he was parking the ute as the loading dock was upstairs (3 level carpark) and the stores outside entry was on the middle level. So one of the other 2IC's pinched his car keys from his bag and moved his car down to the basement level behind the ramp so you couldnt see it.

When he went to leave in his own car and couldnt find it we all played dumb and one of the guys mentioned that he had seen the ranger looking at it the day before and maybe they had towed it thinking it had been dumped

We were all in stitches watching him play phone tennis with the council trying to find out who would have had his car towed.

He was not too happy when we showed him where his car was.

He got his own back on one of the other guys by attaching 250 helium balloons and streamers to his brand new ute while he was out a lunch with a supplier. Pretty funny stuff.
mcnamg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2009, 08:15 PM   #33
Turboconvert

While at tafe a couple of years ago one of the teachers there told me of a prank that happend at a former work place of his. One of his colleages told the new apprentice to go and find a left hand screwdriver. And he kept of doing this for a year or two as the apprentice would take forever to find one. This colleage one day proceeds to tell the apprentice that it is a practical joke only to be told that the apprentice knew this and whenever he was asked to go and find the left hand screwdriver would instead go for a long smoke.........

Bf xr6 turbo sedan, 6 SP auto, Leather/suede interior
Turboconvert is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2009, 08:34 PM   #34
boss-290

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDFORDNUT
we used to gaffa tape new guys hands and ankles together then put the gantry hook on gaffa tape around ankles and hoist then 20 feet into the air over the printing press,
funniest one was a real smartarse we left him there over lunch and he started crying with anger,yelled that loud the big boss came out to see what all the noise was and when he saw the boss he told yelled at boss who just laughed at him and went back into the office with him hanging there
Thats ridiculous
Old 09-03-2009, 09:56 PM   #35
Wally
XP Coupe

I served time at the railways and had the mandatory initiation after my first year.

Insofar as pranks for apprentices

short weight, long weight, parallel wedge, detension wrench, striped paint, bag of compressed air, jar of magnetic flux, arcless welding stick, overhead screwdriver, inverted nut, 20/20 rivet, smooth faced file, etc
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2009, 10:00 PM   #36
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Fixing a fella's tool bucket to the floor is one that happens a fair bit on building sites, one bloke who felt he needed his own padlock on a communal toolbox had it filled with araldite..
The best one I have seen is a brown snake (that was found by the side of the road on a weekend away) placed under the foreman's desk, if that guy had been in the olympics he would have got a perfect 10 for the triple back flip...
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2009, 05:29 AM   #37
smurfin
Starter Motor

hey wally i need your advice i read a thread you wrote a while ago about leone boster and xa/xb master in early xm/xp how did that all go i want to try it have you got any pics and what were any problems you may of had pics
smurfin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2009, 12:40 AM   #38
banarcus
hmm eyebrows

Homo playing cards secretly taped behind the apprentice's back and also on the back of his car. Tried to get me back, so one nightshift, I wedged a rotten salami into his heater box and jammed the vents open on hot air. Also shoved some prawn heads in his glove box as a decoy. He wasn't smart.

The boilermakers and us fitter/machinists had a war. The funniest thing was watching all the boilermakers laugh at each other when I put bearing blue on all their earmuffs and welding helmets. One of them went home and his missus asked him why he had a blue ****. I bearing blued the dunny seat he sat on at work hehehe.

The can of fart gas I bought also got a good workout.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:43 AM   #39
banarcus
hmm eyebrows

Itchy powder was also another crowd favorite. If only there was such things as mobile phones that recorded video back then hehehe
Old 08-04-2009, 01:31 AM   #40
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Up front area where I work, I supply the mill with timber to be cut into custom jobs. Sometimes I grab timber from the rubbish pile, snap it in half, then seal it up loose with some wood putty. Looks the goods but not when it's running through a spindle... Also do the old forklift thing, turn gas off. Hide at the back of timber racks shoving timber through from behind while someones trying to push it in and make it neat. Endless fun
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2009, 10:37 AM   #41
GTpilot
FG GT 5.4 w/ additions!

Used to work in electrionics.
We built large high amp powersupplies for charging multiple battery packs.
Firecrackers came in real handy when someone was powering them up for the first time What made it better was, the same guy used to test them most of the time, and he never learnt.
GTpilot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2009, 04:53 PM   #42
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

I slipped some sexy panties in my mates lounge ..Seemed a good idea at the time!! While his Mrs was in hospital having there second baby...
NOT a good idea... I had to own up and explain !! We are all still very good friends..
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2009, 05:04 PM   #43
big_waity
Windsor Man!

Couple of good but simple ones that I have heard but not tried:
Food colouring on the inside of already sweaty work boots or hard hat.
If they are big, tight work boots, you can put a fork in the boot, prongs up, with the prongs to the front of the boot. Once the foot is in the boot, the only way to get the foot out without losing a toe is to cut the front off the boot!
Old 08-04-2009, 05:09 PM   #44
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss-290
Thats ridiculous
we all copped it over the years so whats your beef
OLDFORDNUT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2009, 12:01 AM   #45
XR8putts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnedout

As it was an old building it had rats - so when he became bored with pigeons he stated collecting the Carpet Snakes who lived on the rats & I suppose the pigeons as well, and he would deposit these serpents in all the usual places around the building. This caused huge consternation including the near destruction of the foreman's' Ute. The foreman was terrified of snakes so a particularly large docile 'carpetie' was entwined in the steering wheel of the Ute. The foreman leaving at dusk failed to spot the animal until he was reversing the Ute from the yard. His discovery of the snake occurred at the same time as his foot tried to push the throttle through the floor as the foreman exited the vehicle amid loud yelling.
The Ute complete with snake then ran backwards through the Yard fence across the street and through a roller door of the joint across the street, where it traveled in a straight line about 60 yards, down a corridor in between all this stuff stacked either side, stopping up against the brick wall at the other end of the building.
Live snake in a car, not so funny.. :togo:
XR8putts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2009, 12:04 AM   #46
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

I work in an office, my old favourites are getting that now though, old and don't work anymore.

First one is taping down that "switch" that pops up from under the earpiece of the phone when you pick it up. Then dialling said person from mobile with number hidden (caller ID on the work phones means calling from my work phone is pointless) and watching them try figure out why its still ringing after they've picked up.

The other is a tiny bit of paper taped over the underside of the mouse, blocking the optical sensor. Means the mouse doesn't register any movement.

I've always wanted to wait for someone to go on leave for a week and do the whole grass seeds in their keyboard and water it daily so when they get back they've got some nice green turf, but don't want to get done for property damage.

Swapping keys round on the keyboard is fun.

If they haven't locked their computer when they go to the toilet, changing their control panel settings so it thinks they have a dvorak keyboard plugged in can be amusing.

Most of the stuff I'd LOVE to do though (like lawn in the keyboard) would be classed as property damage and I'd be unemployed unfortunately.

Oh the favourite "prank" in my current workplace is photochopping the pictures of us that are on the intranet site phone directory, there's pictures chopped up of everyone around our office. Can be amusing when done cleverly and properly.
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2009, 10:03 AM   #47
Wally
XP Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfin
hey wally i need your advice i read a thread you wrote a while ago about leone boster and xa/xb master in early xm/xp how did that all go i want to try it have you got any pics and what were any problems you may of had pics
PM me and I'll respond away from the gaze of my stalker.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2009, 10:12 AM   #48
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
I work in an office, my old favourites are getting that now though, old and don't work anymore.

First one is taping down that "switch" that pops up from under the earpiece of the phone when you pick it up. Then dialling said person from mobile with number hidden (caller ID on the work phones means calling from my work phone is pointless) and watching them try figure out why its still ringing after they've picked up.

The other is a tiny bit of paper taped over the underside of the mouse, blocking the optical sensor. Means the mouse doesn't register any movement.

I've always wanted to wait for someone to go on leave for a week and do the whole grass seeds in their keyboard and water it daily so when they get back they've got some nice green turf, but don't want to get done for property damage.

Swapping keys round on the keyboard is fun.

If they haven't locked their computer when they go to the toilet, changing their control panel settings so it thinks they have a dvorak keyboard plugged in can be amusing.

Most of the stuff I'd LOVE to do though (like lawn in the keyboard) would be classed as property damage and I'd be unemployed unfortunately.

Oh the favourite "prank" in my current workplace is photochopping the pictures of us that are on the intranet site phone directory, there's pictures chopped up of everyone around our office. Can be amusing when done cleverly and properly.
Done all those except for the grass seed one haha. That'd be gold!

I got a bloke I work with yesterday with the old screenshotting the desktop trick, hiding the start bar and icons. and seeing the screenshot as the wallpaper.

Bloke rang IT department and the IT bloke played along with the prank! Was hilarious.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2009, 01:15 AM   #49
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by caputo23
well at work, was working and saw the girls in the deli department put the oven on for a pre-cook for the chickens ( which warms the oven to like 180 degrees) so i turned off the fans, so when the alarm went off to put the chickens in, it was warmed up and so when the doors were open smoke poured out of the oven, enough to set off fire alarms and evacuate the whole building. 3 fire trucks came and an hour of work was passed on.
pretty good day at work i reckon

If thats anything like vic your work got a $15,000 bill for the fire trucks coming out.
Old 10-04-2009, 02:52 AM   #50
fnp865
Starter Motor

1) Spike victim's drink with laxatives
2) Glad wrap toilet seat
3) Remove toilet light bulb
4) Remove toilet paper
fnp865 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2009, 11:04 AM   #51
LowEL2XR8
Mr Impulsive

Played a good trick on a 1st year apprentice. We were replacing a micro switch on the landing gear and it was his first time. He stuffed the micro (no big deal). I got another and I fitted it showing what to do.
I came up with the idea that the company would charge him for the one he broke. I went to the receptionist who typed up a letter with a company letter head with the invoice for $563.68 cents. I got the supervisor who was walking around to hand out the letter to him while we were still working on that aircraft.
I asked the apprentice what did he get the letter for? He opened it and straight away f-ing and swearing saying it wasn't his fault it was mine!!! within about 2 minutes he was agro as hell I thought nearly on the point of punching me when I told him to calm down it was joke.
Its a ripper joke we play on all first year apprentices.
Old 10-04-2009, 11:25 AM   #52
AndrewR_AUII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgb
Used to work in electrionics.
We built large high amp powersupplies for charging multiple battery packs.
Firecrackers came in real handy when someone was powering them up for the first time What made it better was, the same guy used to test them most of the time, and he never learnt.
Reminds me once when somebody was repairing an X-ray system power supply (20,000v).
While working he had consumed a carton of ice coffee, and he conveniently left in the bin...so while he was reassembling the power supply into the equipment rack I quietly took said carton, folded the top over and put it on the floor...

As he hit the power switch, down came the foot.... **Bang**

I think he had some laundry to do that day....
AndrewR_AUII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2009, 12:38 PM   #53
Hardtopxb
Once PHASED.

Years ago I worked for a chemical supplier/manufacturer. We had this bloke who played tricks on(some pretty severe) all who came in his sights, one day we decieded to get back at him. We mixed Potassium Permanganate and Petroleum jelly(Vaseline) together, and knowing he went to the loo every morning at about the same time smeared the mixture on the toilet seat. Now when this mixture dries and comes under slight pressure it explodes(all noise and expansion)and leaves a purple stain on anything it comes in contact with.Imagine his embarrassment when he came screaming out of the loo with his duds around his ankles a cloud of purple all around him and about 15 blokes standing there applauding and breaking up with laughter. he Never played a practical joke after that..