Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-02-2011, 10:04 PM   #31
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang65
I won`t even bother to quote some of you guys who attacked me.

Fact: Jeep with removable roof Car on program owner was running the hose on the roof at low pressure all windows closed yet water was running on the inside of the front pillar.
Fact Jeep cherokees catching on fire after being parked (can`t remember reason).

Fact: In melbourne anyway chrysler discounted most of their cars by $10,000 plus article in the AGE you could get the v8 300c for the price of the 6 cylinder. Chrysler have been struggling i Australia.
And I bet they don't rust after three years, warp their rotors in 20k and go thru ball joints like no tomorrow. God knows what teething problems the 'new' terry will have while dealers try to sweep it all under the rug.
smoo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2011, 10:05 PM   #32
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoo
And I bet they don't rust after three years, warp their rotors in 20k and go thru ball joints like no tomorrow. God knows what teething problems the 'new' terry will have while dealers try to sweep it all under the rug.
Show me a brand new model that has never had issues?

The new terry might be "new", but they have sorted it all with the current model anyway. There is nothing overly "new" about the updated tezza except for the diesel, and even that is proven.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2011, 10:10 PM   #33
stang65
FPRJET

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoo

And what relevance does this have to the Jeep brand?
We are talking about Jeep not Ford.
stang65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2011, 10:19 PM   #34
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Yes, Territory is a soft roader and that makes it's market and buyer group different to the Cherokee.

Those who do off roading, probably wouldn't consider Territory at all, no they'd be looking
at Prado or Pajero or some other foreign but genuine 4WD vehicle, God i wish we had T6 Ranger SUV......

We have a work Territory and yes, it does drink fuel but so do most petrol AWDs and 4WDs.
That's why the majority are now diesel optioned, Territory admittedly is late to the game but
at least it gets a well proven V6 engine.

Maybe I'm a little too pro Ford and biased, this is a Ford site after all
and I thought I was safe to support the blue oval product here but
it seems I was terribly mistaken, mistaken about a lot of things....

Perhaps I look at the various vehicles and see what could be rather than what is....
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2011, 10:19 PM   #35
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang65
I won`t even bother to quote some of you guys who attacked me.

Fact: Jeep with removable roof Car on program owner was running the hose on the roof at low pressure all windows closed yet water was running on the inside of the front pillar.
Fact Jeep cherokees catching on fire after being parked (can`t remember reason).

Fact: In melbourne anyway chrysler discounted most of their cars by $10,000 plus article in the AGE you could get the v8 300c for the price of the 6 cylinder. Chrysler have been struggling i Australia.
FACT: All cars have problems.

No one should by Toyota because some of them have crappy brakes.
No one should buy Ford because sometimes the tyres explode for no reason at highway speed.
No one should buy any car because at some point EVERY manufacture has made a car that has had problems. Whether it was a 1 off lemon, or a common problem on a particular model. And when this happens a recall usually is put in place.
FACT: When at work last year a guy I was working with received a phone call saying his Ford Territory had be recalled due to problems. THEREFORE no one should buy ford cars since they made a car with a problem. /sarcasm

On the Jeep forum I have been visiting for many years Not 1 person has complained about water entering their car. (They normally brag when they get water in the car and say how hard they were going offroad.)

And 1 person has had their 1996 Jeep catch on fire while parked.
Oh BTW the problem is an electrical fault behind the dashboard.

Sick of all these people who have no first hand experience but claim they know everything since they saw a TT report 3 years ago on one car.

Last edited by Ben73; 01-02-2011 at 10:28 PM.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2011, 10:28 PM   #36
stang65
FPRJET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73
FACT: All cars have problems.

No one should by Toyota because some of them have crappy brakes.
No one should buy Ford because sometimes the tyres explode for no reason at highway speed.
No one should buy any car because at some point EVERY manufacture has made a car that has had problems. Whether it was a 1 off lemon, or a common problem on a particular model. And when this happens a recall usually is put in place.
FACT: When at work last year a guy I was working with received a phone call saying his Ford Territory had be recalled due to problems. THEREFORE no one should buy ford cars since they made a car with a problem. /sarcasm

On the Jeep forum I have been visiting for many years Not 1 person has complained about water entering their car.WELL JEEP KNOW ABOUT IT , MUST BE A USELESS FORUM THEN NOT TO MENTION YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY BIASED.

And 1 person has had their 1996 Jeep catch on fire while parked.
Oh BTW the problem is an electrical fault behind the dashboard.
THIS WAS A CURRENT MODEL NOT 1996.

Sick of all these people who have no first hand experience but claim they know everything since they saw a TT report 3 years ago on one car.
READ ABOVE

No need to get excited.
stang65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2011, 10:31 PM   #37
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks for the productive reply.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:23 PM   #38
Mark^^
Two-Spirits

Quote:
BTW I have a Jeep, never had a problem with it.

I used to love my old J10 Jeep, only problems I had was it would take 30 to 45 mins to fill at the bowser and would only just make Canberra to Liverpool and had to fill at the first station or run out, this was on the old highway. Oh an daily knee bruises from the vibrating very long gear stick.

When I decide its time for my 2004 Territory to go, it will be for a Grand Cherokee for luxury or a Wrangler Rubicon for fun. Will partly depend on what I do with my Liberty GT turbo when it comes off lease.
Mark^^ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2011, 06:02 AM   #39
Seduce XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
How is it a face lift?
The new WK seams to be different in most ways when compared to the outgoing WH.
lol I meant if you look at it you can see that it is a carryover design as in general look or shape etc & not all parts have changed from the previous model.

Yes it is a huge change & improvement but not a new design from the ground up.
Seduce XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2011, 06:14 AM   #40
Seduce XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
Yes, Territory is a soft roader and that makes it's market and buyer group different to the Cherokee.

Those who do off roading, probably wouldn't consider Territory at all, no they'd be looking
at Prado or Pajero or some other foreign but genuine 4WD vehicle, God i wish we had T6 Ranger SUV......
I agree however I think that with this new Grand Cherokee if the reviews are even close that they have managed to now have a vehicle that fits both markets as yes its a 4WD but from reports it is also very good on the road (they say car like) however I don't think it would be as car like as a Territory on the road though I have yet to drive one.

Lots of women out there would fit into the SUV (soft road) market as in wanting a vehicle that's high up & can carry the kids etc still buy Prado's in large numbers over the Territory so that sort of proves my point in this regard even though a Prado is not in the same class as a Territory not everybody makes that distinction, they see them all as 4WD's lol & high safe vehicles with enough seats.

So the new Grand Cherokee being more car like to drive & at a good price point will attract the interest of these women I am sure just as it will many males who would atm have a Territory or Kluger

I myself have to make sure my Wife likes to drive it as she would also be driving it & she does not like to drive a traditional truck like 4WD such as a Patrol or Landcruiser & I think the new Grand Cherokee fits the bill
Old 02-02-2011, 06:17 AM   #41
Seduce XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark^^
When I decide its time for my 2004 Territory to go, it will be for a Grand Cherokee for luxury or a Wrangler Rubicon for fun. Will partly depend on what I do with my Liberty GT turbo when it comes off lease.
Mark you will be in heaven in a new Jeep as they have improved a great deal since you had yours & it would bring back all those memories from your young days
Old 02-02-2011, 07:10 AM   #42
sandmanls1

It's based on the same platform as the new Mercedes M class so you could say you are getting a 1/2 price M class literally. Diesel should be good with 185kw and 550nm.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:33 AM   #43
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seduce XR6
I agree however I think that with this new Grand Cherokee if the reviews are even close that they have managed to now have a vehicle that fits both markets as yes its a 4WD but from reports it is also very good on the road (they say car like) however I don't think it would be as car like as a Territory on the road though I have yet to drive one.

Lots of women out there would fit into the SUV (soft road) market as in wanting a vehicle that's high up & can carry the kids etc still buy Prado's in large numbers over the Territory so that sort of proves my point in this regard even though a Prado is not in the same class as a Territory not everybody makes that distinction, they see them all as 4WD's lol & high safe vehicles with enough seats.

So the new Grand Cherokee being more car like to drive & at a good price point will attract the interest of these women I am sure just as it will many males who would atm have a Territory or Kluger

I myself have to make sure my Wife likes to drive it as she would also be driving it & she does not like to drive a traditional truck like 4WD such as a Patrol or Landcruiser & I think the new Grand Cherokee fits the bill
I have to agree with everything you say there, Grand Cherokee always tried to walk a
fine line in the past and fell over due to poor quality but this version looks to have the goods.
There's a lot of great features there and that longer wheelbase will add a lot of usable room.

It's annoying that Ford had a good SUV in Territory but neglected it for the past five years
and that the Everest SUV was never made good enough to be considered a worthy rival to Prado.

In the meantime,
I'm sure that Jeep and other makers wll reap the rewards of giving customers what they want,
I only hope that Ford takes all that on board and gives us a great Territory and T6 Everest,
neither of those two can come quick enough IMO......
Old 02-02-2011, 09:01 AM   #44
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandmanls1
It's based on the same platform as the new Mercedes M class so you could say you are getting a 1/2 price M class literally. Diesel should be good with 185kw and 550nm.
The 300C used a Mercedes platform and is rubbish (all it has is road presence). The Craptiva uses a Saab platform and that's nothing to write home about.

I'd stick with the Terri if I were in the market, but then again I prefer sedans.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:42 AM   #45
HaLLiS

I still cant believe that the Jeep GC is $45k in Oz and in NZ its $80k. God im getting sick and tired of having to pay through the roof for everything here... :(
HaLLiS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2011, 10:38 AM   #46
Seduce XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
The 300C used a Mercedes platform and is rubbish (all it has is road presence). The Craptiva uses a Saab platform and that's nothing to write home about.

I'd stick with the Terri if I were in the market, but then again I prefer sedans.
Yes but which Mercedes platform for the 300C?
Not all Mercedes platforms were good just because they wear that badge however some were & are brilliant

And you mean in other words that the 300C is a poor handler however does it not depend on how hard you push a vehicle whether this is of huge importance?
Many people particularly older folk go for comfort over razor sharp handling which they would never need as they wont push there vehicle to go around a bend that is posted as a 80k bend sitting on 140 k's

And many will prefer the Territory yes as many specially younger folk are after the on road handling again as above so they can push it a bit around bends etc

Also many of the aforementioned people will only drive on sealed roads & so are not interested in off road ability, for those that are the new Jeep Grand Cherokee would be a firm contender.

And no I don't have a Love affair with Jeeps or work for them lol

I have however always liked the Grand Cherokee & the Wrangler in theory but the high price, dodgy build quality & handling always kept me away from them however now the price has dropped, the quality has been improved along with the handling & I am getting older so am not so concerned with pushing my vehicle around corners or racing at the lights lol

Not to mention my lovely Wife & I would like to see more of this great country we live in so would like a vehicle that can easily do the outback roads etc & also tow a caravan maybe.

PS: I would still be happy enough to have alongside the Jeep a Supercharged GS as I can still at my age appreciate a vehicle such as that lol
Old 02-02-2011, 10:56 AM   #47
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaLLiS
I still cant believe that the Jeep GC is $45k in Oz and in NZ its $80k. God im getting sick and tired of having to pay through the roof for everything here... :(
This is the American pricing!!

GRAND CHEROKEE LAREDO 4X2 $30,215

GRAND CHEROKEE LAREDO 4X4 $32,215

GRAND CHEROKEE LAREDO X PACKAGE 4X2 $34,215

GRAND CHEROKEE LAREDO X PACKAGE 4X4 $36,215 http://www.jeep.com

Australians have for years have complained about car prices . NZ finally joins in !!!
Old 02-02-2011, 12:29 PM   #48
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Yes but which Mercedes platform for the 300C?
They used an E-class platform if I'm not mistaken for the 300C.

Quote:
Not all Mercedes platforms were good just because they wear that badge however some were & are brilliant
I agree and this was my point. Someone decides to go on that this car is from this platform which means nothing bar a badge. Mind you the E-series is pretty decent.

Quote:
And you mean in other words that the 300C is a poor handler however does it not depend on how hard you push a vehicle whether this is of huge importance?
Poor handling, poor brakes...its like a modern muscle car!! Its a cruiser car and it did well. I guess its how one would judge a car. For me it wouldn't be considered.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:43 PM   #49
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The 300C used a Mercedes platform and is rubbish (all it has is road presence).
Everybody, here we have a 300c owner.

He seams to know they are rubbish, so he must drive one a few hundred Kms every week.

You state they have bad brakes and bad handling.

Firstly, it's not a racing circuit track day car. It's not designed to do the Nurburgring in 7 minutes. It was never meant to be a perfectly handling car that can take corners at 200km/h.
Bad brakes? I don't know about this. But the SRT8 comes with brembos, so I am sure that they do the job nicely.

Just because a car is not your style, that doesn't mean it is rubbish.

Yes I do want to buy a 300c SRT8.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:59 PM   #50
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The 300C used a Mercedes platform and is rubbish (all it has is road presence).
Incorrect, the Chrysler LX platform was derived from the earlier LH platform and allows easy upgrade to AWd. the big difference with the LX is that it uses Mercedes S220 front suspension and S210 rear suspension..

Quote:
The Craptiva uses a Saab platform and that's nothing to write home about.
Captiva is a Daewoo design, Theta Platform debuted in the USA in 2002 on the Chevrolet Saturn Vue.
Theta was a development from the North American Epsilon FWD platform.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:26 PM   #51
winovin

Quote:
lol I meant if you look at it you can see that it is a carryover design as in general look or shape etc & not all parts have changed from the previous model.

Yes it is a huge change & improvement but not a new design from the ground up.
The 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee is pretty much all new from the ground up. Longer wheelbase, new chassis shared with the next generation MB ML class, new V6, new suspension, new interior. Other than the V8 and 5 speed transmission, I don't think there are any significant components shared between the 2010 and 2011 Grand Cherokee models.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...t_drive_review

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/09/10/2...ad-test-drive/
winovin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2011, 06:41 PM   #52
Seduce XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by winovin
The 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee is pretty much all new from the ground up. Longer wheelbase, new chassis shared with the next generation MB ML class, new V6, new suspension, new interior. Other than the V8 and 5 speed transmission, I don't think there are any significant components shared between the 2010 and 2011 Grand Cherokee models.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...t_drive_review

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/09/10/2...ad-test-drive/
Well the Auto is 1 major part for a start lol
But look at the exterior design & tell me its completely different than the last model, in other words if you saw the new & last models from the rear or along the side they would look pretty close to each other.
I am sure you would find many other parts which are a carryover also.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:45 PM   #53
winovin

Quote:
Well the Auto is 1 major part for a start lol
But look at the exterior design & tell me its completely different than the last model, in other words if you saw the new & last models from the rear or along the side they would look pretty close to each other.
I am sure you would find many other parts which are a carryover also.
The body is completely new - no common panels.

Also, the expectation is that the auto will be upgraded to a new ZF 8 speed transmission.

http://www.torquenews.com/109/chrysl...ics-new-sedans
winovin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2011, 06:51 PM   #54
Seduce XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by winovin
The body is completely new - no common panels.

Also, the expectation is that the auto will be upgraded to a new ZF 8 speed transmission.

http://www.torquenews.com/109/chrysl...ics-new-sedans
lol ok I have to explain, yes the panels may be different however how different are they?

Or don't you see that it does not look dissimilar to the last model?

Or put another way apart from the front you could not say its a totally different look.

An 8 speed
Old 02-02-2011, 07:19 PM   #55
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Quote:
Everybody, here we have a 300c owner.

He seams to know they are rubbish, so he must drive one a few hundred Kms every week.

You state they have bad brakes and bad handling.

Firstly, it's not a racing circuit track day car. It's not designed to do the Nurburgring in 7 minutes. It was never meant to be a perfectly handling car that can take corners at 200km/h.
Bad brakes? I don't know about this. But the SRT8 comes with brembos, so I am sure that they do the job nicely.

Just because a car is not your style, that doesn't mean it is rubbish.

Yes I do want to buy a 300c SRT8.

You also seem to be on the wrong forum seeing as you rubbish the Ford products, but now make excuses for the 300. Guess what I don't like them. I wont hand over my money for the rubbish. If I did I'd be on a Chrysler forum.

Quote:
Incorrect, the Chrysler LX platform was derived from the earlier LH platform and allows easy upgrade to AWd. the big difference with the LX is that it uses Mercedes S220 front suspension and S210 rear suspension..
I was going off what my mate at Mercedes was telling me while they owned them. Also I have heard about it being on a Merc platform for a long time.

Quote:
Captiva is a Daewoo design, Theta Platform debuted in the USA in 2002 on the Chevrolet Saturn Vue.
Theta was a development from the North American Epsilon FWD platform.
This was one going around, so can't argue with that.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:14 PM   #56
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You also seem to be on the wrong forum seeing as you rubbish the Ford products, but now make excuses for the 300. Guess what I don't like them. I wont hand over my money for the rubbish. If I did I'd be on a Chrysler forum.

I never said a bad word about Ford. So stop making up stuff.
If I hated fords do you really think I would of search "Australian Ford Forum" in Google and found this site?

Not everyone is one-eyed like yourself. I do like more then 1 car brand. I know die hard one manufacturer supporters like yourself can't accept that, but you will get over it.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:27 PM   #57
antisocial
Starter Motor

One thing you may want to consider before rushing out and trading your Fords in on a Grand Cherokee....like I did.

Is Jeep servicing.

Chrysler has arbitarily decided all cars they sell in Australia are subject to harsh use and require servicng as per schedule B. So it must be service twice as often as most other cars.

My 2008 Grand Cherokee needs to be serviced every 10,000ks ever a basic oil and filter change costs $380, a minor service at 10,000ks $610, 20,000ks is $420, back to $610 at 30,000ks then $1090 for the 40,000k service then it all starts over again.

Adds up pretty bloody fast.

The reviews I've read say that even with the air suspension the new one is not as capable off road as the current model, which had Quadra Drive II as standard 2005 till early 2008.

So I think next year i'll trade mine in on a Diesel Territory.
antisocial is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2011, 01:23 AM   #58
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
If people are happy with a Jeep and want to take the chance on nothing going wrong
in the middle of nowhere and waiting weeks for parts to arrive from Amreica that's fine.

If people are prepared to accept the fuel penalty that comes with a vehicle that is
nearly 200 Kg heavier than the Territory, that's also fine.

If people come on her squealing about nobody supporting the local industry and
then turn around and buy foreign products, then what does that say about us?

I would ask those people genuinely in the market for Jeep, Territory, Kluger ect to do
their sums, weigh up what works for them but be aware that buying an import also
means one less local car sold here. In our own way, we all have a part in the the local
vehicle industry and even though it seems like our one little sale doesn't count, it only
takes 500 people each month to think that way and sales of Territory become lack lustre.
I agree with your sentiments jpd80, I really do. Problem is that if you keep buying local product, and its not as good as the imports, and the dealer network is woeful and the manufacturer knows all that and hasn't done anything about it, but you still keep buying from them... well what does that say about the buyer?

I'm all for buying Aussie made products, but in this case Fords Australian division has to meet me (and others) half way and make a better product year on year. Not just something that has a different fault each year with a few carry over faults for interest.

That unfortunately is the Ford Australia experience for far to many of its current and past customers. Why I really don't know. It drives me nuts as I really like the basic product and can appreciate so much of it, but they always manage to screw it up.

I think its probably a lack of money to fix design and engineering faults on the line, a lack of money to fix the cars properly under warranty and a corporate and dealer network view of the world that is still stuck somewhere in the seventies. Whatever the case they are pushing people away from Australian made product, even when they have a competitive vehicle on paper.

I have one new weekend driver Ford to buy (last of the Aussie Falcons) and I am done too. The Terri will not be replaced by another as my wife has had enough of the problems we have had with the current. Basic design and function for us has been brilliant. I give Ford all due credit for the versatility, practicality and comfort of the Terri we own. Build quality, warranty support, customer service and customer care (there is a thought) Ford looses on all counts compared to our experience with Mazda. Not by a little bit, but by a huge gulf. Mazda will therefore get our business next time when the Terri is ready to go.

You buy the car once, but you have to live with it, year after year and Mazda for us, has done a much better job of that. For others it might be a Chrysler, Toyota or whatever, the point remains the same. Ford choose not to offer an equivalent experience to their customers. They know the problems they are all well documented and discussed to death in the media and yes, even on this forum. They just aren't' doing anything about it and by that choice, they have made the choice for many former Ford owners to move on to another brand.

And that story or one like it has been, I suspect, repeated all over Australia, year after year.

I want to buy Australian cars and Fords in particular. Its Ford that is stopping me from doing so and that isn't my or any other Australian buyers fault.

Dan

Last edited by DanielXR8; 03-02-2011 at 01:40 AM.
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2011, 10:43 AM   #59
exlr8

I've been a Ford person for 35yrs and even I will be testing the new Grand Cherokee against the new Terri diesel. I just hope Ford pull out a few surprises with the new Terri we had not heard about as yet. They will need to because the GC is packed with some good gear for the price. With the intention of using the new car over on Fraser, Moreton Islands, etc the GC is looking the goods. In saying that, I would prefer to have another Ford in the garage, however they need to deliver the goods to get the deal.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:27 PM   #60
BrisVegas
Noobie

The new Grand Cherokee looks very impressive on paper. It's basically in the Territory/Kluger/Sorrento price ballpark, but offers proper 4wd capability not dissimilar to the LandRover Discovery. It seems like amazing value.
LS Focus Zetec 5dr - gone
WS Fiesta Zetec 5dr - gone
BrisVegas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post