Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-01-2012, 12:43 AM   #31
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: F-Series

They are available here..Barbagallos in Perth have them right up to the F550!!!
Barbagallo offers the F-250 in the following configurations.

Cost
$POA - Price varies depending on chosen configuration

Engine
6.7ltr Powerstroke Turbo Diesel V8 - B20 Compatable
400 HP or 298kw @ 2800rpm
800 LB.-FT. or 1058nm Torque @ 1600rpm

Transmission
6 Speed Automatic - With Tow/Haul Function & Integrated Exhaust Brake & Manual Over Ride

Cabin Configuration
Regular Cab, Supercab or Crewcab Pick Up

Maximum Capabilities
Ratings vary by final vehicle configuration, please talk with us for more information.

Wheelbase
Regular Cab Pickup
137" Wheelbase
(8.0' tub)

Supercab Pickup
142" & 158" Wheelbase
(6.75' or 8.0' tub)

Crewcab Pickup
156" & 172"
(6.75 tub or 8.0' tub)

Variants & Drive Trains
XL - 4x2/4x4
(Regularcab/Supercab/Crewcab only)

XLT - 4x2/4x4
(Regularcab/Supercab/Crewcab only)

Lariat - 4x2/4x4
(Supercab/Crewcab Only)

King Ranch - 4x2/4x4
(Crewcab Only)
http://www.barbagallo.com.au/content...250.htm?id=568

Last edited by csv8; 30-01-2012 at 12:44 AM. Reason: add link
csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2012, 01:21 AM   #32
Till_Lind
E-series fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
This one.

The obvious reason we don't get F series is no RHD. The reason they stopped getting them from Brazil like they did a few years ago, cause they stopped building them there.

Also because of the high sticker price means they are always going to sell in much smaller numbers compared to Ranger. Weren't the previous versions of the F series sold here like 80k+, double Ranger. And the huge size is always going to provide a limited appeal to city dwellers.
I had one of these pass me in South Brisbane, was quite a suprise. Service road along the m1 at Loganholme.
Old 30-01-2012, 02:41 AM   #33
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
Last time I checked the FG Falcon wasn't too flash when I was considering buying one, went to open the bonnet and the latch broke off and fell into my hand in one case, or the seat thats too high and the steering column won't adjust up enough, or the crap stereo which my WS Fiesta, a car half the price, beats very easily on sound quality, or the abundance of hard plastics everywhere. Not my experience but the others here needing replacement diff bushes, etc.

How about the previous model Territory with its sharp edges behind the trims which will slice up hands when you try to run wires through it, I'm talking about near where the pre-tensioners sit.

My LV Focus, with its rattles, or the battery which dropped a cell in less than 20,000km needing to be replaced which left me on the side of the road, or the drivers seat which creaks and cracks as you change gears, or the out of round tyres my original LV Focus came out of the factory with which would shake the crap out of the steering wheel at 100km/h.

Or my WS Fiesta, with the stereo which acts up, saying track 2134897324586/13 when you change from FM to CD, or doesn't turn on when you start the car every now and again, or it won't display the radio station when you change from one of Melbourne's major stations to local radio. The rattle it has from behind the cluster is annoying too.

Thats my personal experience with Ford, I've worked on Territories (not the latest model though) and I've owned two LV TDCI Focus' (one I totalled in an accident) and a WS Fiesta, all of which I bought new.

Have you even been inside the latest F series? I've been in the 2002-2006 AUDM versions and they are total junk compared to the new ones, they didn't even have glove boxes and the dual cab 7.3L ones still seem to sell for $50K+ on the second hand market, or the 4.2L boat anchor TD6 single cab base model for like $30K+ with 300,000km on the clock.
gee bud thats some tough luck i spose but most of that is pretty niggly stuff to say the least. If i was to start listing all the problems my two diff brothers have had with their lifelong purchases of holdens and golfs...and chryslers respectivley id run outa ink on this computer .....this is the real world we live in were cars are built by humans and to a price......fords are NO worse then the rest AND F TRUCKS RULE THE WORLD
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2012, 03:09 PM   #34
Tealglow
Waiting

I have driven a 2011 F250 Fx4 Super Duty - RHD converted

6.7 Turbo - 6spd Auto - 14l/100km average (dash read out) with regular towing (3,000kg +).

Ignore the missus in the photo, she doesn't understand.

I am in the process of selling all my worldly possesisons to buy one as a stablemate for the Bronco.
I will probably have to live in it, by myself. But it will be worth it!

Why aren't Ford selling these locally?
Close down the (on life support) Falcon line and assemble these (& F150s) instead. With the mining "boom" this should be a no brainer.
On the current exchange rate and factoring in Government incentives to save jobs they should be $40K - $70K, not $140K converted.

1984 Bronco XLT 351 C6 4WD - Black/ Silver LPG, 3" Lift, American Racing Wheels

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited CRD Renegade- Black

2009 FG XR6 Vixen
Tealglow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2012, 03:18 PM   #35
cheek
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E
How do I say this tactfully...?

Because they're a badly built, cheaply made, plasticky, poor handling great lump of crap?

There's a reason they spit them out at such a rate that they sell one every couple of minutes...they're built down to a price (and not to last), and it shows. In the USA, they're cheap and nasty work trucks, not the nicely equipped vehicles we are used to over here. Unless of course you option them up to buggery and shoot the price through the roof.

If what you say is true, why are they getting such a high resale value?

If they had a smaller capacity diesel in the F150 and they brought it over here I would think they would sell extremely well. I know I'd mortgage my *** off to get one :P
cheek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2012, 05:54 PM   #36
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elks
Yes. An F150 Platinum no less, LHD in California. So Factory original. Awesome modern vehicle. The privately imported ones are not a mirror of a std LHD vehicle.

I didn't get to drive it so I cant comment on it's road manners. But it plays on my mind, how nice and 'car' like it was. Hence the thread.
They are rather nice vehicles, my post was more aimed at the people who say that because its American, its crap, maybe they forget the Falcon started out as an American car too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE
gee bud thats some tough luck i spose but most of that is pretty niggly stuff to say the least. If i was to start listing all the problems my two diff brothers have had with their lifelong purchases of holdens and golfs...and chryslers respectivley id run outa ink on this computer .....this is the real world we live in were cars are built by humans and to a price......fords are NO worse then the rest AND F TRUCKS RULE THE WORLD
Thats right, again, I meant it towards all the American haters on here who assume because something is American, its instantly crap.

Every car, no matter manufacturer can have issues, and just because its from Germany or South Africa doesn't mean it won't have issues.

I'd be down for a base model F150, as long as it was around the $45-$50K mark.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2012, 09:35 AM   #37
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elks
That looks awesome. What is that a 250?
If they sold that for a reasonable price in aust I would go buy one right now.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post