Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 07-04-2006, 11:06 AM   #31
Peztacular
Starter Motor

I have own a zetec for around 6months drives great, feels solid on the road, doors close with a thud not a ting like most other small cars (Peugeot are great in this area). Goes good especially once it gets about 7,000 kms under the belt, pulls away in higher gears when required. its a good little car for what you pay and i think thats important to keep in mind. Ride is a bit choppy (aftermarket lowered) but handling is top notch.
note aftermarket extras leather interior, sunroof, lowered.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg frontsml.JPG (118.5 KB, 46 views)
Peztacular is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2006, 05:22 PM   #32
kcbworth

Re colours - I have a Dawn Blue LX as you can see in this image. I reckon it's the best colour, not least of all because you don't see it very often. If dark wasn't so hard to keep clean I might have gone for the black tho.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg web.jpg (93.6 KB, 47 views)
kcbworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2006, 08:23 PM   #33
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well everyone seems to be posting pics of their cars, this one is courtesy of abraxas from last weekend's cruise, the grey doesn't get quite as filthy as the black as easily but still has a similar classy look to it
Zetec20 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2006, 09:54 PM   #34
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

Zetec, whenever I look at your car I still cant get over how little rubber you have on those wheels. It looks hot though.

Heres mine... LX manual. Taken at Holbrook on the drive from Melbourne to Sydney in the park where the decomissioned submarine HMAS OTWAY is located.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2006, 11:23 AM   #35
BlackLS

LX with Zetec Rims - Black Sapphire (i think)

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 10:45 PM   #36
Ford Grunt
Turbo induced crazyness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Magic
Something to think about... We are doing the exact same thing that you are Ford Grunt. We too are trying to decide between an XR5 and Zetec. It comes down to the fact of discount amounts. If your wife gets a discount, then the discount on the Zetec is actually almost double that of the XR5. Theorically, you get a Zetec on the road for about $27K, an XR5 would be around $35-36K. You gotta ask the question (which is what my wife and I keep bouncing around!!), is the XR5 worth 33% more than a Zetec?

Aaarrrrggghhh....

Also what color does everybody think looks the best on these cars? Anyone got photo's (with the exception of the silver - seen plenty of these.)

Cheers
Hey mate, interesting to see someone with the same dilemma!

I suggested the XR5, on the following basis, we were just about to sign up for a Zetec for about $31,000 drive away (without discount) then found out could get discount on a new Ford through my wifes work with equates to $2,715 admittely the discount is about $2,200 for Zetec but I figured if I had not done the extra last minute research would have been paying $31k versus $36.7 for XR5 driveaway.

Maybe stupid way to look at it, but also thought I sounded more attractive (given discount) to buy what will be a better car. Seemed like a natural decision in the end, one we don't think we will regret.

Plus we like to keep our cars for long period of time and do alot of driving, so we like to own something we both can enjoy.

You need to note the colours available for the XR5 are unique and are only available in 5 colours: Colarado Red, Panther Black, Sea Grey, Performance Blue, Electric Orange (extra $1,800).

Also its only available in manual (6 speed vs 5 speed but) and there is no cruise control like on Zetec.

Have a look here for some photos and the website generally, best place for info at the moment more than you will get from a dealer anyway: http://www.fordxr5turbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=6.0

We ordered a Sea Grey one due to collect in mid June/early July (from a different dealer to the first).

Cheers,
Ford Grunt.
www.fordxr5turbo.com
Ford Grunt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post