Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 08:26 PM   #31
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Guys, enough with the flaming.

frd906, there is no way that a hollowed out cat could have been tested and come up as ok. Trust me on that one. I will give you this warning too, if the Police hear your car, and they will, and then realise that you have a hollowed out cat, which they will, then expect them to send you off for an EPA check. This check checks what is coming out of your exhaust (invisible toxins) and will show that you have hollowed out your cat.

The fine from the EPA for doing this is $10,000. I'm serious, it is that big. Don't risk it.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Old 01-08-2009, 09:11 PM   #32
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i told you its not hollowed, i have been past cops over time and time agian and they have no problem with it, mainly becuase, i have a unkown brand of extractors and a cat, 3 inch from extractors to cat, which then hooks up to my 2 and half inch stainless steel system

ffs

Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors

Last edited by frd906; 01-08-2009 at 09:28 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:13 PM   #33
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if it was hollowed out id be blowing smoke every where, car would be s h i t e to drive and my fuel comspution would be down low,

and its not, alrght, its not hollowed out,

and u give me a warning for stating its hollowed when u have seen it in person, or dont you trust me

Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors

Last edited by frd906; 01-08-2009 at 09:21 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:20 PM   #34
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote FRD906, soon i will change it to a metal high flow cat with all the pipes re bent, cheers 350 bucks, for metal high cat, new pipe, and fitted,

but is not hollowed out as i have stated above

Old 01-08-2009, 09:22 PM   #35
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

dosent blow smoke, as i have had mates behind my car before and is all good, no smoke and dosent stink either, when its cold u expect that but not when its warm,

Old 01-08-2009, 09:42 PM   #36
Dazza TT
Now Prado Powered

frd906,
This is an edit button. You click it to edit/change/add to a post you've recently made. (Within 10 minutes roughly) Instead of creating a new post.

It's located next to the quote button at the bottom of your post.
Just some helpful advice, don't take it the wrong way.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:46 PM   #37
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

can u please delete for me the point where i mention by mistake the hollwed cat thanks

Old 01-08-2009, 09:49 PM   #38
Dazza TT
Now Prado Powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by frd906
can u please delete for me the point where i mention by mistake the hollwed cat thanks
No can do. Not a moderator in this section.
Good luck with your future mods.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:03 PM   #39
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

no worrys then like i said, was in the middle of the night, was frezzing cold, the ecu ups the fuel and air, and i also have a k and n panal filter, which changes the sound, and all cars sound different depending on the mods which have been done, the cat came with the extractors and was already bolted on to it, its a small cat then my old stock one, if chunks went out my exhuast would be blocked up and be using fuel

now thats all cleared lets go back to posting nice things about my car cheers

Old 02-08-2009, 03:04 AM   #40
Stattic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

just please stop saying lollol every 5 words! half your posts dont make sense but the car doesnt sound too bad
personally im glad i dont live next door but i have had neighbours in the past who have had worse cars/bikes
256rwkw

BA manual Typhoon
Fully optioned, 340rwkw@16psi (thanks Bluepower)!

The old ride....
AU Fairmont, cammed beast, R.I.P you made my p plate years bearable!
150.8rwkw courtesy BPR
Old 02-08-2009, 10:15 AM   #41
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

metal high flow cat, new pipe rebent and labour, is 350 bucks is it a good price to get that done

Old 02-08-2009, 10:17 AM   #42
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
metal high flow cat, new pipe rebent and labour, is 350 bucks is it a good price to get that done
About middle of the road, seen better and I've seen worse.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:32 AM   #43
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

another thing, i put my foot down other night, car built the exhuast pressure up and next minute i hear this noise like a blow off sound and a cloud of dust is left in my trail , would i have a hole in the welds in the pipe from extractors to cat, as its been a cut and weld job by the previous owner

Old 02-08-2009, 10:35 AM   #44
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
another thing, i put my foot down other night, car built the exhuast pressure up and next minute i hear this noise like a blow off sound and a cloud of dust is left in my trail , would i have a hole in the welds in the pipe from extractors to cat, as its been a cut and weld job by the previous owner
Sounds like a muffler/cat blockage that was cleared due to pressure.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:42 AM   #45
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i will have to get that done soon then, i no that cat was old, it came off a worked ed motor, but the welds on it are very shocking, oh well hopefully a new one will clear up the sound and make it sound better,

the 2 1/2 inch system i have on is about 9 months old, and at the start of this year due to using e10, it melted my oxygen sensor, or maybe its a orignal ford one lollol, and i changed that , and my kms to a tank have gone back between 500 to 600 to a t ank as apouse to 200 to 300 i was getting, also my bbm gasket shatterd to peices when i replaced it, and my stepper motor was stuffed and gasket was gone

Old 02-08-2009, 11:09 AM   #46
Dave_Obsession
Resident AFF detailer

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Helpful and detailed posts on car care. 

forgive my ignorance, but how does using e10 melt an oxygen sensor? I have heard some people saying it blocks stuff up, but what is the science behind it?
Old 02-08-2009, 11:16 AM   #47
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

dont want to start any more arguments alright, i said either it was the e10 i was using or becuase it was a oringal for sensor, thats what i said,

e10 burns hotter, and during the week i will get a pic of what e10 does to a pistion, one of my mates was using e10 fuel for a long time, used it so much that it blew out one side in number 4 pistion, huge crack , from purely using e10, and yes he was a mechanic cheers

Old 02-08-2009, 11:24 AM   #48
Dave_Obsession
Resident AFF detailer

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Helpful and detailed posts on car care. 

i wasn't arguing, I honestly don't know much about whether e10 is good or bad, just wanting to learn how it works...
Old 02-08-2009, 11:39 AM   #49
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

e10 burns hotter, in return cleans the fuel lines, fuel tank, injectors etc out, some people say you have to change your oil due to e10 as it burns hotter, and puts hotter exhuast gasses out

some one plese correct me if im rong cheers

Old 02-08-2009, 02:28 PM   #50
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i think my o2 sensor is stuffed i fill up on a tank of petrol, after 100kms she starts using it, for some unkown reason, would this be a cat issue, or o2 sensor cheers

Old 02-08-2009, 03:46 PM   #51
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Not my cup of tea but each to their own.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
Old 02-08-2009, 04:00 PM   #52
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

whats not your cup of tea i dont understand, you must explain it fully on this website for me

Old 02-08-2009, 04:11 PM   #53
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

it means he doesn't like it
Old 02-08-2009, 04:28 PM   #54
BlacklistedXR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No offence mate, but it sounds like ***. I would be looking at getting the cat replaced asap.

AU3 Fairmont I6
Whiteline swaybars, FPV Typhoon Rims, Superlows, Custom Intake Piping, Modified BA XR8 Airbox, Big Stereo

Past:
2001 AU2 XR8 220 Manual
1/4 Mile: 13.8 @ 100MPH (161km/h)

Ford Falcon AU2 V8 Auto
1/4 Mile: 13.0 @ 107MPH (172km/h)
Old 02-08-2009, 04:30 PM   #55
Black F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah it doesnt sound good
10.25@138mph FG XR6T (new toy) (Nizpro)
Old 02-08-2009, 04:31 PM   #56
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well its not a v8, they came off a worked ed motor, thats probaly the reason why anyways, i like it so thats all it matters

Old 02-08-2009, 04:32 PM   #57
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

its the extractors i have on giving it that note, not my fault

Old 02-08-2009, 04:33 PM   #58
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
well its not a v8, they came off a worked ed motor, thats probaly the reason why anyways, i like it so thats all it matters
That is all that matters mate your right. Im just not a fan thats all IMO i think its too loud and drones abit.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
Old 02-08-2009, 04:35 PM   #59
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

all cars sound different, most sound alot better then others, depends on what has been down

Old 02-08-2009, 04:43 PM   #60
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you have to admit when i put my foot down it sounds awesome

Closed Thread