Old 15-04-2005, 09:26 PM   #31
K_Man
Whoa, this is heavy!

If you're gonna race on the street, save it for freeway onramps :nutsycuck
K_Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2005, 09:44 PM   #32
deankdx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i get some good front row at the lights in 80zones, i normally do the not interested look and cruise off at the same pace as the commodore next to me(if not a little in front) if they want to run they will plant it by this stage the falcon may be doing over 30kmh the hard parts over so i can usually keep in front up to the speed limit and coast along at the limit. never one to play catch up(breaking speed limit) if they are in front as i consider the thrill is over.

i dont call it racing, racing to me is stalled up provoked race that would definatly involve wheel spin and driving over the speed limit by more than 10kmh
deankdx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2005, 03:17 AM   #33
argonEL
Cruisin' When-ever I Can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citric XR6
It all depends on my mood and the circumstances at the time. Lately I've just been showing those front drive ricers what happens at a standstill when the brake and throttle are used at the same time...
That is brilliant....

I had a "EVO 8" without a diff connecting the rear wheels (anyone say rice) rock up at the lights the other day and the dood behind the wheel gave me some looks.

3 seconds of standstill and a little cloud of smoke floated over his car :P

More mods to come!

Ex 97 EL Futura, 04 XR6 and 07 XR8 Owner.
argonEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2005, 05:45 AM   #34
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Man
If you're gonna race on the street, save it for freeway onramps :nutsycuck
Freeway on-ramps rock ... especially when I got someone who wants to push their way onto the freeway/motorway .... I usually show them a clean set of heels.

But I noticed this last night just passed .... on my lunch break at 1am ... there's some many people out around the North Ryde/Chatswood area looking for runs along the main road ... I just wanted to cruise with the window down and music up .... I just wanted to clear my head ... and all I get is idiots trying to race .... fair enough my car is loud and low.

I had a young guy on Ps in a late 90s 3-series BMW who kept launching off the traffic lights ... I didn't bother with him at all ... until the lights on Epping Rd and Mowbray Rd (near the spacestation Shell servo) ... everytime he thrashed the living shit out of his car .... and I calmly cruise along.

The last time He tried I kept up with him ... still not trying at all ... so he decides to go a bit quick ... I floor it just as I change into 3rd at low revs ... and I pass him with ease ... I back off ... let the exhaust pop and cackle with a deafening BANG and cruise at the speed limit ... the P-platers revs past me at god knows what revs (near limiter) ... and still not quickly.

I just shook my head ... I know I could of easily have had him ... but I just didn't want to risk losing my licence.

Oh ... and when it comes to launching it off traffic lights (a clean traction launch) ... if a cops sees you ... and suspects you "might" be racing .... that's all they need to book you and confiscate your car ... in the end ... it comes down to "officers discretion" ... and they are out to get racers for the littlest of things. Just be aware.

My fiancee's brother is a cop in Blacktown Command .... in Western Sydney ... and that's what he told me.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2005, 06:58 AM   #35
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissUnderstood
I totally agree.

After reading this thread I wondered why they had a go at the guys chatting in a thread about there burnouts.
Burnouts on quite back street roads. They coped a hammering over that, yet this thread is by far worse imo. Talking about the "rules “ of racing at lights is just plain stupid. yep get through the lights as quick as you can and pray no other dick trots a red light.
I gotta say I agree too. Its just way too risky that a little old lady with a walker will come out in front of you from the shops to cross the road or something like that. But guys even if it was the other guy that hit or hurt someone I'm sure you would feel a measure of resposibility too. guys I know its all legal what you are on about but that does not make it right. I am by no means saying I am an angel in this respect either, I have put my foot down
to get in front of someone so I can change lanes...we have all done it I guess but maybe we need to think about it some more.

By the way my example I used for the above was simply pictured in my head of north bound Gympie rd from B.P. Aspley through the aspley shopping centre. Those that know the area will be able to see the picture in thier head that I came up with.