Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 07-01-2016, 12:43 PM   #31
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: Who else is waiting too long on a package to arrive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuthin' fancy View Post
Have a look here at the mess that is Aust Post's parcel delivery service.

Delays and missendings are par for the course:

http://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic...2841&start=100
$500mil sorting machine???

How many real people would that have paid for!

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2016, 12:45 PM   #32
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefargo View Post
I ordered a new computer direct from China. It was quicker China to Melbourne, than it was Melbourne to Adelaide.
If the above post is correct, maybe the chinese crows are stronger? or are they ravens?
Maybe... I live in China and I can order practically anything online and if it's within the same province (read state) it will be delivered same day (assuming you order in the morning)! Most items take no longer than 3 days, even if the distance is the same as Syd to Perth! And the cost for a small box of things... About $2.

Don't get me started on how useless the Australian banking system is!!!

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Mr Brooksy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 07-01-2016, 12:55 PM   #33
nuthin' fancy
Lyminge, Shepway, Kent
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
$500mil sorting machine???

How many real people would that have paid for!
Fahour must have compromising photos of someone to be keeping his job and salary.

"Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die, tragedy is when I get a paper cut"
nuthin' fancy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2016, 01:25 PM   #34
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post

While I do get that things have dropped off with the use of email and fax for letters you would think they are making a killing from parcels with all the online buying and selling that we do.
I was only talking to my local agency yesterday (small town) which employs 3 A/Post staff.

The manager there told me that agency is one of the lucky ones - being owned by A/Post, but many of the smaller ones are privately agencys - often tacked onto a general store or news agency - and those are the places that are suffering badly.

He also told me that they certainly are seeing a massive increase in parcels being sent - which more than offsets the drop in letters in the big scheme of things.

But there's many problems which cause them grief financially.
Just 2 of these are:

1. They "sold" a contract to a major corporation involved in freight deliveries that favours their profit margins, not A/Post.

2. The bulk of the online shopping boom now goes straight to mail centres - often being picked up by an A/P or STE struck, a basket load at a time, so the smaller local agencies don't get their cut of the postage anymore - relying on the few private parcels, and the massively declining stamp sales.

The increasing profit from these mail centre parcel shipping sales seems to go straight into someone's bonus, not to supporting the suburban & regional network - and it's this network that needs money pumped into it.

The smaller local agencies have had to spend more time sorting, carding, & signing out the boom in parcels - with no financial reward from the mothership. Without the parcel boom, my local would have 2 staff, not 3.

I have even more reason now to buy express satchels from the local agency, as at least the hard working little guy gets a cut.
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2016, 01:39 PM   #35
Boosted8
Banned

It's all because of the growing popularity of online shopping.

They simply can't handle the pressure.
Boosted8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2016, 01:41 PM   #36
Boosted8
Banned

28 seconds in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL6ubXD9ZjY
Boosted8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2016, 03:26 PM   #37
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Lets not get into this argument.

I have recently decided to transition from ADSL to NBN. Time taken to send a 1.5mt network cable, 6 days.

I even watched the delivery guy put in the note to say delivery failed, didn't even bother to knock on the door.
Old 07-01-2016, 05:21 PM   #38
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_Axe View Post
I even watched the delivery guy put in the note to say delivery failed, didn't even bother to knock on the door.
Yes, that's a classic - has happened to numerous friends & rellos. One didn't even get out of the van, just parked close enough so he could chuck the card on top of the letterbox - and it promptly blew down the street....

One of the reasons I have had a PO box for over 20 years. No such hassles. Just go once a week & collect them all.
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2016, 06:44 PM   #39
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorenutt View Post
Yes, that's a classic - has happened to numerous friends & rellos. One didn't even get out of the van, just parked close enough so he could chuck the card on top of the letterbox - and it promptly blew down the street....

One of the reasons I have had a PO box for over 20 years. No such hassles. Just go once a week & collect them all.
They're a pack of useless bastards, they would deliver my landlords mail to them to their office no worries, as he doesn't have a letter box, but they wouldn't deliver mine, even though I'm literally 20 meters away from his office because I didn't have a letter box.

So I put up a letter box and they start delivering my landlord's mail to my letter box.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 07-01-2016, 07:07 PM   #40
XG_Falcon

My parents went overseas a couple months ago, I took care of their house and pets for them. They told me not to worry about the mail because they were having it held until they got back. (cool, one less thing to worry about).

I was having breakfast on the first morning there and noticed the postie turn up. He opened the mailbox, put a few letters in (wtf? they were supposed to be left at the post office) and then just rode away leaving the mailbox open.

I still don't know why he did it. It seems like an odd thing to do. It rained all day.
XG_Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2016, 07:11 PM   #41
Ross 1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
We get the 'no one home note, please pick up' regularly. It is very rare that there isn't at least one of us here during the day. That being said and my earlier post I did get two packages from Ipswich Qld to Sydney in today at 1pm, they were posted at 10.30am yesterday. Wish it always went this smoothly.
Ross 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2016, 08:48 PM   #42
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Try not living in a metro area, we only get mail twice a week (Tue and Fri), then if I get send a larger item, they will often ring me and say your parcel is here to be picked up, I generally reply, no I paid to have it delivered

Keep in mind they are expecting me to travel 200km return to pick it up

I went to post a package two days before new years at our local post office, and I was informed that the package would not be leaving till Monday as the contractors are on holidays. This meant the package sat in the post office from Wednesday till late Monday afternoon before it even left town

I asked if I could get a discount and no discount was given.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2016, 11:02 PM   #43
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If it is express post and it's stuck more than likley there is an issue with it. Deceleration not signed etc. I would suggest calling Aus post
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2016, 11:22 PM   #44
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by xisled View Post
If it is express post and it's stuck more than likley there is an issue with it. Deceleration not signed etc. I would suggest calling Aus post
I don't think there is a declaration signature any more. Haven't signed one in ages when sending express C4 envelopes.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2016, 11:28 AM   #45
wozman

They have to cut back on services to pay the ceo his 4 million a year
wozman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2016, 08:05 AM   #46
SYZ
Beaut Ute

Quote:
[...]I even watched the delivery guy put in the note to say delivery failed, didn't even bother to knock on the door.
The card has a delivery-person staff number plus an attempted delivery time printed on it. You should've lodged a formal complaint with AusPost via their https://auspost.com.au/help/#/help_and_support page.

If people don't complain about crap service, then nothing'll change.
SYZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2016, 11:21 AM   #47
Kingsley
Donating Member
Donating Member2

We had a new Foxtel IQ box sent from Sydney on the 19/11/2015. By the tracking number it made it as far as being processed through Australia Post facility at Chullora at 10:32pm 19/11/2015. It never arrived and no-one knows what happened to it.
However Foxtel could've helped themselves too by not sending their stuff in boxes that not only fully describe the contents, but with a huge picture of the item on the front.
We've had a birthday card arrive torn open in clear plastic bags with a sticker on it by the Auspost exchange at Metford NSW telling us the item was found 'open'. When we went to the exchange facility at Metford where we were told it was our fault because it's illegal (which it is) to put money in a card. Weren't interested that we didn't send the card but it was still our fault. They also weren't concerned that one of their highly trained and skilled employees had illegally ripped open the envelope in the first place. Untrustworthy thieving ******.
Kingsley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-01-2016, 01:01 PM   #48
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

Yes; and now in WA at least, we have the problem of thieves following the delivery vans to steal the parcels as they are dropped off at the door or in letter boxes. http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/po...16-glpccu.html http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/po...17-glppvz.html and http://www.coastlive.com.au/second-c...s-in-baldivis/ etc
Old 09-01-2016, 01:09 PM   #49
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

i think post services they are bad all round the world. i sent xmas presents from NYC to Sydney with USPS and it took 4 days. since then i have ordered some batterys from brooklyn to the upper west side of NYC on the 2/1 and they still are not here. it is only 5km away!
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2016, 01:20 PM   #50
Bill M
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee-dog View Post
Probably eloped with my Superpro diff bushes - sent express post a month ago and last scanned in Sunshine. Where do all these lost parcels go - is there a large void under the sorting machine or is someone stealing them?
Same here, a set of lathe tools last scanned in Sunshine and then disappeared?
Luckily for me the seller is a meticulous decent person and refunded my funds and dealt with Aust post himself.

In another case I bought a lot of bolts in the US and they got lost in Hawaii (last tracking note) and were delivered 12 months later with rubber abrasion marks on the packaging so i suspect the parcel got caught in machinery along the line.
Old 09-01-2016, 01:28 PM   #51
snopony

I have two parcels waiting in chullora right now. I think it's a black hole.
snopony is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2016, 07:50 PM   #52
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

About 8 years ago which I know may not have any bearing on today’s service, I was involved with a distribution company that did a 12 month evaluation on delivery times and the statistics for Australia Post was included in that exercise.

It won’t be surprising to some here to know we found that express post deliveries outside of the metropolitan area consistently offered a slower delivery time than the standard service.

It was ditched as being unreliable.
Express is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2016, 08:07 PM   #53
STEALTHY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I dont get how people can have so much trouble with Post. I've had 1000s of packages sent, and only ever had 1 issue (first parcel disappeared, second parcel took ages to be recieved), but i suspect that was the seller, as they were bloody useless (then decided to ban me from their store because they ****** up)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe
Try not living in a metro area, we only get mail twice a week (Tue and Fri), then if I get send a larger item, they will often ring me and say your parcel is here to be picked up, I generally reply, no I paid to have it delivered

Keep in mind they are expecting me to travel 200km return to pick it up

I went to post a package two days before new years at our local post office, and I was informed that the package would not be leaving till Monday as the contractors are on holidays. This meant the package sat in the post office from Wednesday till late Monday afternoon before it even left town

I asked if I could get a discount and no discount was given.
The 31st was the Authorised day off. Basically a Public Holiday. It was well publicised that they'd be closed on this day (and even that express post items sent 29/30th wouldn't be attempted until the 4th)

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpursuit05 View Post
We had a new Foxtel IQ box sent from Sydney on the 19/11/2015. By the tracking number it made it as far as being processed through Australia Post facility at Chullora at 10:32pm 19/11/2015. It never arrived and no-one knows what happened to it.
However Foxtel could've helped themselves too by not sending their stuff in boxes that not only fully describe the contents, but with a huge picture of the item on the front.
We've had a birthday card arrive torn open in clear plastic bags with a sticker on it by the Auspost exchange at Metford NSW telling us the item was found 'open'. When we went to the exchange facility at Metford where we were told it was our fault because it's illegal (which it is) to put money in a card. Weren't interested that we didn't send the card but it was still our fault. They also weren't concerned that one of their highly trained and skilled employees had illegally ripped open the envelope in the first place. Untrustworthy thieving ******.
Dont forget, that its perfectly legal for a Post employee to open any mail item. Chances are it got jammed in a sorting machine, and the money is sitting where a person cant even got to ;)
STEALTHY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2016, 09:30 PM   #54
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpursuit05 View Post
Sounds similar to what happened to me. I bought a 1:43 scale model (the 1967 Bathurst winner) on ebay, and it never arrived. According to the tracking, Australia Post received the model, but from there the tracking status never changed. I'm guessing an Australia Post employee has a nice little model on display at their home now. The seller did the right thing by me, but they were left out of pocket thanks to Australia Post.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2016, 10:53 AM   #55
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYZ View Post
The card has a delivery-person staff number plus an attempted delivery time printed on it. You should've lodged a formal complaint with AusPost via their https://auspost.com.au/help/#/help_and_support page.

If people don't complain about crap service, then nothing'll change.
I was on the phone literally immediately to Startrack and even said to the person on the other end why cant you turn him around to come back?
Old 11-01-2016, 11:17 AM   #56
XG_Falcon

The same thing has happened to me before Rapid Axe. It was pretty annoying because it meant I had to wait for the driver to return to the post office before collecting the package.
Old 11-01-2016, 12:52 PM   #57
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

I'm waiting on books that were ordered and despatched a month ago. I get there was down time over Christmas/New Years, but that should only have been a few days.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2016, 01:00 PM   #58
STEALTHY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I was on the phone literally immediately to Startrack and even said to the person on the other end why cant you turn him around to come back?
The person on the other end of the phone probably has no way of contacting the driver...

On the flip side, if i had a dollar for every time someone called to complain the driver didn't even knock, i'd have a mansion! People are 'out the back' or 'in the shower' etc and blame the driver hoping they'll make a special trip back for them. (GPS tracking doesn't lie so i know where the driver was and for how long ;))
STEALTHY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2016, 01:40 PM   #59
Carrion

Talking Re: Who else is waiting too long on a package to arrive?

I ordered a FGX XR8 in Feb last year and still hasn't arrived. I hope its not caught up in some sorting machine somewhere.

Carrion is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 11-01-2016, 01:41 PM   #60
XG_Falcon

Just found this left at my doorstep... immediately thought of this thread.