Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 05:23 PM   #31
eldreamin

OK having just come over from the ricer side of things let me clear this up..... Ricers are the cars running around with big bodykits that are bolted on to make them look "unique and sporty" but have nothing to back them up. A perfect example of this is a stock 1.5l lancer coupe with an evo kit complete with rear wing and 18in chromies and an exhaust that is obviously more for noise than for looks. The cars such as evo's 200sx's and skylines are not ricers cause they do have performance to back up their looks.

The reason most girls like being in them is simple, they like to be the centre of attention and being in a car like those always draws attention. If they draw attention then more people see them.

It is simple, most women love attention.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:24 PM   #32
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

“lol at the ricer comments you guys crack me up

i know plenty of 4 bangers that run 13's and 14's N/A and your lucky to find a brand new ford doing that out of the box regardless,then add a turbo to them and your doing 12's and 11's etc”

True but you can’t take the Ricer down the drag strip one week end then load it up and tow the 19ft boat 850km to shark bay in 40 degree heat for a fishing trip the next week end can ya.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:28 PM   #33
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green X
True but you can’t take the Ricer down the drag strip one week end then load it up and tow the 19ft boat 850km to shark bay in 40 degree heat for a fishing trip the next week end can ya.
Isnt that the whole point? A falcon is a family barge that can tow stuff, a jap performance car is built for performance, not towing a boat.

Sensible people wouldnt buy a falcon as a weekend track car, sensible people wouldnt buy a 200sx to tow a boat.

I didnt think the concept was that hard to understand?
Old 12-11-2006, 05:31 PM   #34
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Nugget378's XA sedan creams ricers on the dragstrip or track, it's all in the setup and $ spent.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:35 PM   #35
smiley

Can't reason with em, all those type of girls (ie: mine and your g/f) care about r looks and exhaust/turbo sounds. Don't worry, as long as you know people who know cars, know the potential about your car.

Eg: 1 guy at work has a 300zx twin turbo (which is a slow POS in my opinion when I wen't in it) yet he thinks its the best car there and bags out other cars. <<-- example of an idiot.

Then there are 2 other guys, 1 with a turboed liberty and the other with an sv vp and they understand the engine, understand its power and we can sit down and have a meaningful convo about our cars and exchange thoughts.

A womans impression of a car isn't important if you love your cars, but just remember, when u see a civic with a cannon and wing, you know the guy is just trying to impress the girls.
2.5" Redback, high flow cat, Pacemaker headers

178.3rwkw
15.18 @ 95.72 MPH
Old 12-11-2006, 05:41 PM   #36
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My missus laughs at them, she has no interest in those cars, she likes the utes much better!! :
Old 12-11-2006, 05:42 PM   #37
Barry_v
rocknrolla

girls dig the dose, ask sundeep. the term 'rice' refers to any asian built car. trying to define it any further is like trying to define a 'yank tank' as anything over 1294.6kg kerb weight.

put a new mustang next to a 200sx see what the girls like more.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:42 PM   #38
RATT

Quote:
Agreed. But how many people actually do this?

Old 12-11-2006, 05:45 PM   #39
AshMan
Girrrrr!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldreamin
OK having just come over from the ricer side of things let me clear this up..... Ricers are the cars running around with big bodykits that are bolted on to make them look "unique and sporty" but have nothing to back them up. A perfect example of this is a stock 1.5l lancer coupe with an evo kit complete with rear wing and 18in chromies and an exhaust that is obviously more for noise than for looks. The cars such as evo's 200sx's and skylines are not ricers cause they do have performance to back up their looks.

The reason most girls like being in them is simple, they like to be the centre of attention and being in a car like those always draws attention. If they draw attention then more people see them.

It is simple, most women love attention.
WE HAVE A WINNER! Good call :-)

Heritage green, isn't that a fence paint?
Old 12-11-2006, 05:47 PM   #40
smiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Terror
Unfortunately your girls right, the "ricers" look better and go harder.

Why? Because they are sports cars, not family cars with nice motors in them.
Thats y we modify, we know we've got crappy exhaust manifolds and undertuned computers from the factory, we modify that and can make our cars go even harder.

Look better? thats your opinion, I reckon they look like crap, no toughness to em what so ever. and god the interiors in these things... im glad i decided against the r33 and ended up getting a BA.

Quote:

i know plenty of 4 bangers that run 13's and 14's N/A and your lucky to find a brand new ford doing that out of the box regardless,then add a turbo to them and your doing 12's and 11's etc”
A stock r33 GTS-t does a 14.3 quarter mile, what N/A 4 cylinder cars do 13's from the factory???
2.5" Redback, high flow cat, Pacemaker headers

178.3rwkw
15.18 @ 95.72 MPH
Old 12-11-2006, 05:48 PM   #41
needaXYGT
AU II XR8

Quote:
Young Boys = Ricer
not me!
Old 12-11-2006, 05:51 PM   #42
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley
Thats y we modify, we know we've got crappy exhaust manifolds and undertuned computers from the factory, we modify that and can make our cars go even harder.
Okay, so by modifying a family car it becomes a sports car?

:

I love it when the one eyed ford crew comes out from where they have been hiding.

Reminds me of arguments about cars in Year 10. No reasonable answers were necessary. One car is better because the other one was crap. :yeees:
Old 12-11-2006, 05:58 PM   #43
XR8GRL
Powered by Tickford

Quote:
Originally Posted by philstoj
My missus laughs at them, she has no interest in those cars, she likes the utes much better!! :
It is hilarious, especially when they pull up beside me in the 8 and think they're king *****

SILHOUETTE AUII XR8
Leather, Premium sound, Momo S/wheel & gear knob, Sunroof, 20" Advanti Desires, Bulge, XR50 Front, Pacemaker extractors,
Ballistic cats, 2.5" cat back system, Rebel bar & skirts, XR scuff plates, Kings SL & SSL springs
Old 12-11-2006, 06:05 PM   #44
GCFordChic
I love AU XR8s

Maybe it is just a round-a-bout way of getting to a man in uniform... the cops like pulling up ricers because they know lots are dodgy jobs which are probably stuck on with blu-tack so they can fill quotas or just have a good ol laugh and a story to tell the others back at the station.

Chicks like guys in uniform, police like pulling over ricers.

: :

Nah i agree with the pretty, cute and colourful comments. Not my cup of tea, but thats what my friends like in them! Plus the stereotype of a Falcon or Commodore young guy is "BOGAN".

FPV & XR Owners Club of Qld
Want more info on our club?
fpvxrqldinfo@gmail.com
or see our Club Section

My Garage:
AU II XR8 Sedan "Lil T"
Hyundai i30 SR
yeah baby!
Old 12-11-2006, 06:28 PM   #45
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hehe

i have got my missus saying its a rice mobile

the best of all though is my 5 year old daughter when ever we are out driving she keeps a good eye out for as in her words "look daddy there is a rice mobile and its got a big handle on the back so you can take it shopping " if it has the wing on it

jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12-11-2006, 06:36 PM   #46
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Or even a modern one.

Even if its a HSV...
Anything above 6 cylinders doesn't count
Old 12-11-2006, 06:40 PM   #47
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Got both at home. The T for me, and the '04 Celica for her. Nothing wrong with a little rice. Goes well with curry..... :
Old 12-11-2006, 07:04 PM   #48
StookEB

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCFordChic
Plus the stereotype of a Falcon or Commodore young guy is "BOGAN".
i live in a country town and the majority of young guys would be called a "bogan", doesn't worry me one bit. Theres either Fords, Holdens or Toyotas, not many ricers.
Although there is a commodore ricer going around.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:09 PM   #49
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

“Agreed. But how many people actually do this?”

Just using it as a example as how a falcon can be a good preforming car at a drag strip or on the track and can also be used for other duties, I see many a XR8/ XR6 towing a trailer and or boat around never seen a skyline with a Boat on the back.

“Isnt that the whole point? A falcon is a family barge that can tow stuff, a jap performance car is built for performance, not towing a boat.

Sensible people wouldnt buy a falcon as a weekend track car, sensible people wouldnt buy a 200sx to tow a boat.

I didnt think the concept was that hard to understand?”

No a Falcon can be made to do both to a point, a Jap Pro-Formance car can’t.

If I wanted good Pro-Formance for some fun on the track or at the strip but with the ability to tow a trailer or mid sized boat as well I would go and get a XR8 or XR6 turbo.

It can also tow the Jap Pro-Formance car with the thing Craps out LOL
Old 12-11-2006, 07:20 PM   #50
nitroman
nitroman

Most females have no idea about these matters, but they can easily be trained. Have her read "Muscle car" and any "Ford performance" magasine. Edit the dvd's she watches. Make her watch "Running on empty", "Vanishing Point", "Gone in 60 seconds" and have her watch every Bathurst race from 1967-2006 (especially 1967,1970,1971,1973,1974,1977,1981)any any other ford win. Explain the hardship of Aussie P.O.W.s' in japan and how we should support our own culture and the cars designed for it. Don't give in, you are right and she is wrong!
GASGAS 400 enduro.
Honda hr192 mower
Old 12-11-2006, 07:21 PM   #51
Toxic Beast
. . T U R B O . .

i hate ppl who call the falcons ..xr's fpvs etc etc family cars.

anyway.. i eat rice for dinner =)
Old 12-11-2006, 07:23 PM   #52
Rob
Living the dream

Rice = Excel with bodykit, bonnet scoop, big wheels and big shiny ****off cannon exhaust. Typified by the taking-the-corner-at-insane-speeds-bottle-blonde-on-the-phone/fully-sick-peaked cap-uleh brigade.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:26 PM   #53
MrSparkle
An Old Boss™©
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fprxr6
i hate ppl who call the falcons ..xr's fpvs etc etc family cars.

anyway.. i eat rice for dinner =)
Err, question, is that a headlight "eyelid" in your avatar?????? :party3:
Old 12-11-2006, 07:29 PM   #54
XRQTOR
Banned

I suppose if your buying a car to pick up chicks you should buy a merc, for some reason they all love them.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:30 PM   #55
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle
Better yet is it a n/a xr6?...lol :
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 12-11-2006, 07:40 PM   #56
GTWHOA
Just cruisin

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
I suppose if your buying a car to pick up chicks you should buy a merc, for some reason they all love them.
I've also noticed that BMW's aswell why is that? :
Old 12-11-2006, 07:44 PM   #57
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle
hahaha owned. Ricer.

all falcons = family cars. full stop. no questions asked.

Why do girls like ricers? Ask them, don't as a board full of 90% males.

Old 12-11-2006, 07:52 PM   #58
HOON69
Banned

Quote:

i can name many ricers who own a few rides that tow jet ski's and boats actually depends on what type of ricer you own i guess.

you wouldnt be towing(boat etc) in a 180 or S13 etc but yeah thats a good point i guess.
:hihi:
Old 12-11-2006, 08:04 PM   #59
LilMissDrift

Im a 17 yr old chick.. and i honestly believe it comes down to preference.. im bred blue (hence the fords) and will have a GTXYHO... one day..and a typhoon.. (best of both worlds) for now im loving MY fairmont! On the other hand, one of my best friends, he has an evo9... and i honestly love it to death.. as i do r33 skylines.. i suppose most chicks see them as a toy.. which yeah.. it gets old.. trust me on that one.. honestly.. as a car enthusiast... i can appreciate the beauty of most cars...

Is the whole "ricer" addiction a gold digging thing.. do most girls realise these days that a supra, skyline, or a 300zx is cheap as chips considering!
~Spoiler

~*.No its NOT my Boyfriends Car.*~
Old 12-11-2006, 08:09 PM   #60
LilMissDrift

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
Yes... and if ur buying a car to pick up a chick.. ur asking for trouble... You're going to be labelled as a sleaze... and ur probably gonna get used a lot.. FOR THEIR ADVANTAGE NOT URS along the way!
~Spoiler

~*.No its NOT my Boyfriends Car.*~
Closed Thread