Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-07-2009, 11:23 PM   #31
bonspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

People who cant do the posted limit, and uncourteous a holes, who when the see a line of thirty cars behind them don't see a reason to pull over. people who pull caravans around at 70, people who use there " driving lights " during the day. people who speed up at passing lanes.
Tail gaters don't upset me, if I see some one right up in my mirrors I simply pull over and let them past....? Why can't others do this?
bonspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2009, 11:27 PM   #32
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonspeed
Tail gaters don't upset me, if I see some one right up in my mirrors I simply pull over and let them past....? Why can't others do this?
Even if your doing the speed limit or over it?
What about you do get out of the way or an overtaking oppurtunity comes they only go about 1km\h faster than you.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2009, 11:29 PM   #33
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Taxi drivers in rightmost lane doing 90 then 100, then back to 90 etc.in 100 zone on the Tulla. Then they wait till the very last second before going into the left lanes at the airport turnoff instead of merging into that lane when they could. Then find they have to stop in the right lane because they can't get into the left lane due to the queue of traffic.

Mobile cranes, trucks, vans, cars etc doing around 90 in the second from the right lane (there's about 4 lanes), going down the Tulla in the mornings, and traffic having to pass on both sides of them.

Drivers who don't know how to use multi lane roundabouts, and sit there waiting for traffic from the right totally oblivious of the unused lane right in front of them. Then at the next roundabout they cut straight across the lanes.

Drivers who drive at 90-95 kph in 100 zone on the freeway, then keep doing that speed through the 80kph zones.

High mounted headlights following just behind in the RH lane, shining into my drivers door mirror. Why dont they pass?

Drivers who pass on the right, then cut in right in front not allowing for any safety distances.

Drivers who have to pass in the right lane, then slow down and stay in the right lane, while all the time I'm on my cruise control doing the speed limit plus the tolerance.

Drivers who slow down and even brake at toll gantries, worried they will get their photo taken even though they are within the speed limit.

And what the others have said about joining freeways, not putting headlights on etc.

Last edited by Silver Ghia; 16-07-2009 at 11:35 PM.
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2009, 11:29 PM   #34
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

People who drive erratically in an attempt to overtake me in my van. I'm doing the speed limit, don't you like the ganme of trying to see the car in front of me by looking through my back window?
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2009, 11:41 PM   #35
Fireblade
Wizard Member

Quote:
Why should I pull over? I'm doing the speed limit or a touch over and they still tailgate, em I say, I just get off the throttle and slow down or just give a quick brake twitch. You sound like someone who tailgates, using reverse psychology.
Old 16-07-2009, 11:47 PM   #36
turbo_man

i only got my L's last month and i already have a pet hate
TAILGATERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jab:
i am so tempted to brake test them
as well as people who come flying past me when im doing the posted speed limit!!
jeez there are some idiots on the road.
turbo_man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2009, 11:49 PM   #37
bonspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6 FOON
Why should I pull over? I'm doing the speed limit or a touch over and they still tailgate, em I say, I just get off the throttle and slow down or just give a quick brake twitch. You sound like someone who tailgates, using reverse psychology.

That sounds like a good idea, hit the brakes when someone's following too close?
And thats the attitude I hate as well, have to be first even though some one obviously wants past.
Do you speed up when some one trys to pass too?
bonspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2009, 12:05 AM   #38
Fireblade
Wizard Member

Where does it say I have to be first, Tailgating is a traffic offence and a dangerous one at that why should I give way to someone doing the wrong thing. I have had a tailgater hit the rear of my car before, they were uninsured, unlicensed, unregistered and I was the one penalised on my insurance for it because I made the claim.
Old 17-07-2009, 12:07 AM   #39
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_man
i only got my L's last month and i already have a pet hate
TAILGATERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jab:
i am so tempted to brake test them
as well as people who come flying past me when im doing the posted speed limit!!
jeez there are some idiots on the road.
Pretty simple, calm down and realise that not everything will be perfect when you drive. Getting worked up and doing stupid things will not make you any better then the rest of the drivers.
Old 17-07-2009, 12:13 AM   #40
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tail-gating. Absolutly stupid.

Just yesterday, I was driving home when I noticed three cars pulled up on the side of the road. An EF Falcon, a VT Commodore and an Excel. The Excel sprints off before I get near it, and I notice dents in its back quarter panels and paint marks up on the rear.

The Falcon and Commodore take off really quickly.. driven by young guys. They then begin to tail-gate every car in front of them, driving up next to each other, pointing, laughing and comparing how close they're getting to over cars.. I then notice the rear bumper of the EF missing the lower half of the rear bumper.. dont suprise me.

The idiots then start gunning for each other, coming in within inches of each other. The EF speeds off.. a few Kms ahead and stops at the lights. The VT comes flying up behind it, braking as hard as he could, barely leaving any room.. they keep going up the road doing the same . Nearly hitting each other again turning a corner.

If I ever see the cars again, Im reporting the idiots. I wasnt going to get close enough to see the plates.
onfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2009, 12:23 AM   #41
1streetmachine1

Cant belive this hasnt been said yet... who give you no indicator, or half a second if your lucky and cut you off beacause someone is merging or turning in front of them...
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2009, 01:19 AM   #42
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

People driving slowly on purpose.

Frustrates the hell out of me. Theres no reason, apart from a mechical error for driving 20kms under the speed limit. Not only is it annoying, it causes congestion on the roads. Banking up a handful of cars behind each other isnt the smartest of moves.
onfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2009, 02:00 AM   #43
1LOUDXFUTE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
i must admit, 95% of the time, if someone is tailgating me on the freeway, i will change lanes to let them pass, whether i am doing the speed limit or not.

Ryan
Old 17-07-2009, 02:03 AM   #44
Antwon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

- Being cut-off.
- People that are going slower then you, then change lanes in front of you, just cause they want to be in your lane, causing you to slam on the brakes so you dont hit them.
- Tail gaters.
- People that drive under the speed limit.

Theres many more, just cant think of them now.
Old 17-07-2009, 03:07 AM   #45
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6 FOON
Where does it say I have to be first, Tailgating is a traffic offence and a dangerous one at that why should I give way to someone doing the wrong thing. I have had a tailgater hit the rear of my car before, they were uninsured, unlicensed, unregistered and I was the one penalised on my insurance for it because I made the claim.

Not keep left unless overtaking is also an offence. You sound like one of the self righteous right lane hogs.

I never have trouble with people tailgating, but i have the courtesy to move over when the left lane is clear and someone faster comes up behind me.
Falcon Coupe is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2009, 05:16 AM   #46
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Chicks that wear next to nothing and flash around the footpath during summer, i can never seem to keep focus on the road when this happens, they should all be banned _2:
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2009, 05:51 AM   #47
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Other drivers.
Old 17-07-2009, 06:49 AM   #48
SilverG6ET

All of the above, but I particularly despise tailgaters, like many smart a$$ truck drivers on the Ring Road going to/from work, who think it's funny or fashionable to driver up your clacker when you are already doing the speed limit.

Absolutely no need for it and they (all tailgaters) should have their licences taken off 'em.

Other hates:

Morons on mobiles (I'd love to shove it where they would find it difficult to dial a number).

Driving in the wet - have you ever noticed these morons who immediately drive another 20ks faster because it's raining and aqua planing is just for fun!!

Probably think of a few more, but I'm just about to head home on the Ring Road now, so I have my will made out, my flack jacket on, safety flares, and have a stiff coffee to face it all before I leave
Old 17-07-2009, 06:55 AM   #49
Valid8
COOGES

I hate it when you drive through the citylink tunnels and you get to a good part of a song on the radio or an important part of the news and then you hear " This is a citylink announcement...." arrrrrrhhhhh out:
Valid8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2009, 07:26 AM   #50
NAK302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

tail gaters and caravans. caravan pullers should be made to travel in certain time limits.
has anyone ever seen or heard of someone being pulled over and fined for tailgating? me neither.
NAK302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2009, 07:58 AM   #51
HSVKILLA
moonlight rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC
Chicks that wear next to nothing and flash around the footpath during summer, i can never seem to keep focus on the road when this happens, they should all be banned _2:
Hahahaha ain't that the truth,as mentioned before,i dont understand the mentality of people that speed up just as you come to overtaking lanes then slow back down when they end(seems people think its the bonus round and try to raise their speedos to maximum points),another is when cyclists take over the road and make you have to move(i'm sure when they started making the roads they thought "this is going to be soooo good for bikes").Also when you are caught unaware by a motorbike that overtakes you that sounds like a monster truck with no muffler or a bee amplified to a million watts,i just about rip the steering wheel off in fright :hihi: :hihi: .
HSVKILLA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2009, 08:04 AM   #52
bob^
LPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Nearly as bad as the tools who speed up to try to block you out from merging...
They generally move if you keep driving towards them.
I have learnt with merging, it is really a bluffing game. Drivers are now so inconsiderate that they won't give people room to merge.
I have heard it's law somewhere overseas (England maybe?) that you have to give way to merging traffic on freeways. Can anyone confirm that?
bob^ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2009, 08:22 AM   #53
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

#1 pet hate - Right lane hogs going slower than other traffic, I can't believe how often I see this. I can tolerate it if they're going at, or just over the speed limit.

#2 pet hate - Tailgating. Some folks do it as a reaction to pet hate #1 and although I don't condone it I can understand it. However if I'm on the speed limit, just over or generally going with the flow and I'm not in the right lane then it drives me mad. The main times I really cop it is when I'm driving my wife's Corolla. I'm sure the tailgater is not expecting the tailgatee in the Corolla to be a big ugly caucasian!!

#3 pet hate - People who swing right to take a left turn. Drives me absolutely insane!!! Especially when I'm in the lane next to them and they swing out so wide I think I'm about to be side swiped.

I'm sure there's more.

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2009, 08:41 AM   #54
The Snout

People who can't keep a constant speed.

It's a 110 zone and you're doing 110, they are doing around 100, and as you are passing them they speed up.

Another one is the opposite of that I guess. 110 zone again, I'm doing 110, they are doing around 120 passing you, move in front of you then drop back to 105.
The Snout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2009, 08:52 AM   #55
BIGJB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh this is easy to answer.
A..holes who sit on the hi-way doin 80-90klm p\h until of course
they see an over taking lane then plant the boot to 105 until the lane finishes
and then return to 80 again.
I thought this type of thing was bad in Ozzy but I have to tell ya's it's
even worse over here in NZ. That and the fact they can legally talk on thier
mobile phones here : but thats a whole other story.
BIGJB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2009, 09:05 AM   #56
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
Fools who enter freeway on ramps 20 kph slower than the traffic they are trying to merge with.

A dopey P plate women nearly had me crushed doing it today, my local on ramp has roadworks and a concrete wall takes the emergency lane space, she was doing 80 with a truck bearing down on us, she put the boot in at the last second but too late for me. Needs some :jab:
Yep same, had a similiar thing it was dark and raining cars in front were moving slowing trying to merge with traffic (car in front was doing less than 80k's) Anyway they braked (panicked) and slow down to less than 40 which gave the rest of us no hope to merge. So many near misses as traffic all caused by bad driver.

That and people that sit in the right lane - and think they are doing the speed limit or sit under the speed limit - how hard is it too move over. Does keep left not apply to taxis drivers?

Or when you are driving in the country sitting behind someone with no overtaking opportunites and they are doing 80 - 90k's then all of a sudden you reach an overtaking lane and they increase there speed to 120 k's

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2009, 09:43 AM   #57
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by philstoj
Then dont hog the freaking right lane!!!

Drivers who dont use indicators, they think every other driver is a mind reader, right lane hoggers and the mutha freakers who think they are doing society a favour by holding up traffic by driving slower than the speed limit at anytime regardless of conditions and point their finger at you when you pass them going the speed limit, drivers who cannot for the life of them merge into oncoming traffic, drivers who put the shifter in D for daydream and day dream! drivers who drive around with a big **** sat nav stuck in the middle of their windscreen that drive according to the instructions given by it, so when it says turn left in 500 metres, they cut 3 lanes of traffic to turn left at 10 metres because they were too busy driving around in D for daydream :
Agree 100% with that mate but would also like to add the following:

* Camrys - buying and driving one is like one big L plate
* Corollas - Every owner thinks they are sports car; TRD is not pedigree, it means TARD.
* Yaris - Cheap, Girlie car driven agressively but a lot of our imported friends drive them - poorly
* Camrys - God I hate Camrys
* GPS - As said above, knobs who drive according to the instructions
* Failure to indicate - This is a pet hate of mine. You aren't driving a race car so have so damn courtesy and indicate.
* Camrys - The new Volvo; after finding out that the liberal party call themselves libs, and the labour party call themselves labs, the drivers of these cars should all join the country party.

Quote: