Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 20-02-2006, 09:25 AM   #31
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

looks of the car ! - omg - i'll give Holden 1 thing - they have designed a few 'o.k' looking cars over the years, but until they can design something decent in the handling/driving/cumfort side aspect of things , then i'll allways bag the Holdens no matter how good they look ! .Gee every holden i've got to have a drive is like driving a billy-cart compared to a ford feeling like a go-cart !.... oh, and the interiors - if your like me and around 6ft tall, then sitting in even the biggest holden feels like being cramped in a coffin !. My god it almost like the biggest cabin in the holden range in sedans is about the size of an old cortina cabin. Everyone i know who has newer holdens does nothin but ИИИИИ about them a few months after buying them , they fall apart ! ........

Honestlly i'm not Ford bias , if i see a good car i'll admit it no matter what make or model. But over the last few years i havent really seen anything from holden thats impressive or worth fussing over.

Enough said , i think you get the 'general motors' idead what im on about !
Old 20-02-2006, 11:08 AM   #32
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Ill laugh my head off if thats the end product.....
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 20-02-2006, 12:11 PM   #33
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

am i the only one who thinks this last pic by BADMAC doesnt look so bad?
Old 20-02-2006, 12:14 PM   #34
ClevlndStemer
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBUB
am i the only one who thinks this last pic by BADMAC doesnt look so bad?
no you're not the only one, I think it looks pretty good. i am really looking forward to the "VE" release. It may sway me from Ford (actually at this point in time even Lada could).
Old 20-02-2006, 12:22 PM   #35
2Fast2FuriousDude

Yes it will be interesting to see what the VE actually looks like. I am not a fan of though I have heard that the front guards are plastic to keep weight reduction down.
Because I just don't agree with heavy cars. What's the use of wacking in powerful motors if the weight is going to kill the acceleration. When a light powerful four cylinder or a six cylinder can almost keep up with it.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 20-02-2006, 12:50 PM   #36
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

^^^ok....

Then buy a corrola like everyone else seems to. And then fit 5 people in it comfortabley, or try towing a trailer.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 20-02-2006, 01:01 PM   #37
Josh_XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ahhh i bet ford are loving this, lol. the fact is though i do like the look of the lastest holdens but i dont know wat went wrong with this one, it looks like a mazda/lexus. But yeh ok ummm even so i think this well sell big (hope not).

Wonder if its just the pics maybe they dont give the car enough justice the pics, but if not holden might have a serious problem as that shape just plain suxs the big one
Old 20-02-2006, 01:05 PM   #38
gtfpv
GT

no one has seen one yet . i thought the chopped predictions of the BA LOOKED DISGUSTING . AND THEY DID. nothing like the real thing so people are jumping the gun commenting on its looks . may look nothing like any of these guesses.
Old 20-02-2006, 01:24 PM   #39
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I cant wait to see what the final product is like.

Its not getting released for another 8 months or something so I can assure you alot of changes will be made.
Old 20-02-2006, 02:33 PM   #40
aualright

The picture they had in a recent Wheels or Motor mag looked alot better. It had BMW-esque guards and a similar bootlid to the BMW 7 series. The picture shown by BadMac looks pretty ordinary imo. Must be the angle - it looks way too narrow ergo Mazda.

Having said that, despite not liking the current Commodore (Magda) when it first came out, it has definitely grown on me and is superior imo to the Falcon from the rear in basic trim. The Audi inspired rear of the Falcon looks like something is missing..??

Can't wait for the next generation Falcon design...will they go conservative like the BA-BF or will they be 'out there' like the AU....which incidently is getting rave reviews masked as a Mercedes CLS.

Old 20-02-2006, 06:03 PM   #41
Iphido
Guy that posts stuff

Word has it the new Statesman and Caprice are real lookers. And will be avalible right away perhaps even before the other sedans due to middle east demand.

Better interiors and classier exteriors. And its apparently even bigger than the current models. No wonder Ford is concidering dropping out of the LWB race, holdens planning on selling 10,000's every quater where ford struggles for a few hundread.
Old 20-02-2006, 06:57 PM   #42
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aualright

Can't wait for the next generation Falcon design...will they go conservative like the BA-BF or will they be 'out there' like the AU....which incidently is getting rave reviews masked as a Mercedes CLS.
Ford will never go the AU route again. They will stick to a conservative good looking car. The next model does look good, and I believe it will sell.
Old 20-02-2006, 07:03 PM   #43
BlueRaven
Dual O2 sensors

Quote:
Originally Posted by aualright
The Audi inspired rear of the Falcon looks like something is missing..??
Precisely. Since the AU, the standard Zero accessories Falcon doesn't look quite right. Its true that adding tack on spoilers and what not improve the look of the car, but it shouldnt have to.

The base model should look just as good. I always felt that the BA XT's look like something is missing, whereas the base model Commodore looks complete....even if its not my cup of tea.
Old 20-02-2006, 07:05 PM   #44
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

i just spoke to a mate that works at HSV last night, and he gave me some goss. justa little cause he can get into a bit of trouble apparently... :hihi:
he said the TORANA is actually going ahead, i asked him about the photos that were printed in that magazine, he said it isnt really the VE, apparently it was photographed just to shut everyone up.
a few other things were talked about but i was pretty darn ИИИИed so i cant really recall everything.

I thought i would just chuck up some more rumour material.
Old 20-02-2006, 07:05 PM   #45
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Fast2FuriousDude
Yes it will be interesting to see what the VE actually looks like. I am not a fan of though I have heard that the front guards are plastic to keep weight reduction down.
Because I just don't agree with heavy cars. What's the use of wacking in powerful motors if the weight is going to kill the acceleration. When a light powerful four cylinder or a six cylinder can almost keep up with it.

Cheers,
Jim
Front gaurd's are plastic hey, man I love the internet, it makes you laugh,lololol.
Old 20-02-2006, 07:08 PM   #46
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

oh yeah, another thing just remembered, there is a twin turbo 6. now that would be sweet!!!!
Old 20-02-2006, 09:19 PM   #47
gmhdriver
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6-VCT-2000
looks of the car ! - omg - i'll give Holden 1 thing - they have designed a few 'o.k' looking cars over the years, but until they can design something decent in the handling/driving/cumfort side aspect of things , then i'll allways bag the Holdens no matter how good they look ! .Gee every holden i've got to have a drive is like driving a billy-cart compared to a ford feeling like a go-cart !.... oh, and the interiors - if your like me and around 6ft tall, then sitting in even the biggest holden feels like being cramped in a coffin !. My god it almost like the biggest cabin in the holden range in sedans is about the size of an old cortina cabin. Everyone i know who has newer holdens does nothin but ИИИИИ about them a few months after buying them , they fall apart ! ........!
LOL, one can only laugh. I suppose in your view you would be cramped sitting in the rear of a WH-WL Statesman???

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6-VCT-2000
Honestlly i'm not Ford bias
Really? You could've fooled me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iphido
Word has it the new Statesman and Caprice are real lookers. And will be avalible right away perhaps even before the other sedans due to middle east demand.

Better interiors and classier exteriors. And its apparently even bigger than the current models. No wonder Ford is concidering dropping out of the LWB race, holdens planning on selling 10,000's every quater where ford struggles for a few hundread.
I've heard the same thing. Apparently the Statesman and Caprice will be getting top end Bose sound systems. If that is any indication then it looks like they are really striving to improve quality and luxury.
I'm assuming that the 10,000 figure you have quoted includes export sales too, as I can't see the local LWB market being so large no matter how good the car is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfr rob
oh yeah, another thing just remembered, there is a twin turbo 6. now that would be sweet!!!!
BEAUTY!! That means I'll be putting an order in for an SV6TT M6 come October!

Oh and Casper and others, before you start flaming/lecturing me again, ok, you've had your fun banning me, now can you just accept that I'm not here to start trouble and accept my opinions whether you agree with them or not.
If you have any grievances with me then PM me to avoid threads going to ИИИИ.
Old 20-02-2006, 09:21 PM   #48
Falcon Freak
Banned

He's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

FF
Old 20-02-2006, 09:22 PM   #49
gmhdriver
Banned

Yep I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!! :
Old 20-02-2006, 09:23 PM   #50
Falcon Freak
Banned

You are on my ignore list so don't bother responding to my posts.

FF
Old 20-02-2006, 09:26 PM   #51
2Fast2FuriousDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
Front gaurd's are plastic hey, man I love the internet, it makes you laugh,lololol.
Well I hope I am wrong too.

Cheers,
Jim :
Old 20-02-2006, 11:12 PM   #52
Joes_meat
Churches Eat Souls

The Torana looks great though. I read somewhere it could be AWD V6 twin turbo. Can't say no to that!

The VE will probably be a heavier car unfortunately. I thought the VY/VZ was heavy enough.
Old 21-02-2006, 08:25 AM   #53
Falcon Freak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joes_meat
......I read somewhere it could be AWD V6 twin turbo.....

FF
Old 21-02-2006, 04:39 PM   #54
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Blah Blah Holden are the best Blah Blah Holden for president blah blah.

Go home and tell your mother she wants you instead of filling up the threads with Holden propoganda.

Quote: