Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-04-2006, 11:27 AM   #31
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjg33
road safety will be dropped even further under the Doyle plan and you know what that means
Ummm, clarify a bit. . .
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2006, 01:33 PM   #32
BTTB
Free XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairmont99
I agree with Flappist. These are some of the exact same ideas that many members of this forum advocate. Less emphasis on speed, more driver training.
I also agree... more emphasis on Driver Training and less on Revenue Raising

Politicians should be permanently renamed to Backflip-Artists ...
Labour or Liberal... anyone with too much power goes Crazy

Whether its Bracksy or Howard None of them are really in touch
with the little man, drop a polly's pay packet down too what the average Australian
earns ($1029.50 ~ see here)... then see how many of them stay in their jobs... selfish crunts
BTTB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 08:40 PM   #33
robjg33
broady grown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft
Ummm, clarify a bit. . .

to fund a stupid freeway most people will nwever use means a shortchanging of road funding for councils. just what we need less road maintinance on rural roads that will help not
robjg33 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 08:46 PM   #34
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjg33
to fund a stupid freeway most people will never use means a shortchanging of road funding for councils. just what we need less road maintinance on rural roads that will help not
I've not done the sums on this and it is a purely Victorian domestic matter.

As you have concerns and genuine fears about this, why not take the time to 'write' (not email) a letter outlining them and asking that he address those concerns.

I am serious here, do so.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Old 17-04-2006, 08:57 PM   #35
robjg33
broady grown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft
I've not done the sums on this and it is a purely Victorian domestic matter.

As you have concerns and genuine fears about this, why not take the time to 'write' (not email) a letter outlining them and asking that he address those concerns.

I am serious here, do so.

Keepleft
trust me when i say he wouldnt give a toss what i have to say
better i spend my energies on getting the Govt to do some more
cheers
robjg33 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 09:08 PM   #36
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

I note from my recent request for donation from the Bracks Roadside Cash Register Department that the tolerance has been quietly reduced to 2 km/h so that it now matches the margin of error allowed by a hand held unit operated by a roadside collector.

So obviosuly they do listen after receiving complaints about the anomaly - and in their usual generous fashion they decided to drop the higher one to the lower rather than the other way round.

I just feel so special living in such a caring State, where my duly elected representatives care about my well being so much, that it brings a tear to my eyes and I get all emotional.

Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 09:30 PM   #37
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Oh, Bracksy is gone now, for GOOD. Having been done by a speed camera on Sat night at the bottom of the hill where i believe i wouldnt have not been more than perhaps 3-4km/h over the limit is the last straw.

To make matters worse, i found out they have made it legal to place the cameras on the base of hills, which is absolute bullsh1t.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 09:31 PM   #38
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoked
Oh, Bracksy is gone now, for GOOD. Having been done by a speed camera on Sat night at the bottom of the hill where i believe i wouldnt have been more than perhaps 3-4km/h over the limit is the last straw.

To make matter worse, i found out the have mad it legal to place the cameras on the base of hills, which is absolute bullsh1t.
How else can they keep the revenue flowing? Its theft, there is no other excuse, simple theft.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 07:13 AM   #39
jmc-007

Quote:
I'm with you Fairmont - Doyle must continue on this and develop more open,'smart' allowances, the dead serious bull-ИИИИ that comes out of Victoria is appalling, neigh - a national embarrassment, and I get to fend much of it off here in NSW.
that is the best post that has come out of your mouth keepleft
jmc-007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 11:23 AM   #40
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc-007
that is the best post that has come out of your mouth keepleft
THEN you really don't know me well, at all.
Old 18-04-2006, 03:31 PM   #41
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

bracksy IS a national embarassment, he has a 1 track mind- REVENUE, the australian standard for speedo accuracy is +/- 10% and thats straight out of the factory! so when my XD is now 27 years old and i dont think ford would have been too worried back then about accuracy, some could be 10 or even 15 % out, that, to me is scary...being a p-plater with only 5 points.
im gonna do my best to send bracksy into his $100,000 a year retirement this year.

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 06:13 PM   #42
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Usually try and stay apolitical, but I am so hoping Boy BRACKS gets voted out........
Old 18-04-2006, 06:30 PM   #43
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBII Fairmont
If his party really wanted to get rid of him it would have already been done.

But since we have no unions left, if we don't kick up a fuss, government will continue to walk over us.
Party can only get rid of someone if someone capable steps to the plate. If there is anyone capable, they may be wiser to wait in the wings until his party actually has a chance at the polls.

Libs are far more anti union.

Hidden cameras are revenue raisers without doubt, the state under the old libs sold off its sources of revenue (SEC, G&F etc).

Yeah this other guy is your answer.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post