Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 22-01-2009, 07:51 AM   #31
Lingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stattic
victoria... we were the lowest paid state with reguards to teachers but i have no idea what it is now, from memory it was 68 or something that was the wage for an experienced teacher

I don't know about the salaries that teachers can earn around here, because I really don't like being a teacher. I am not a very patient person so I know I can't be a good teacher. And I always think it is unbearable to deal with so many kids together. I would feel :. It would be my last thought to be a teacher for a living. Management is ok for me. I like many people under my control.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2009, 01:13 PM   #32
Sam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lingo
I don't know about the salaries that teachers can earn around here, because I really don't like being a teacher. I am not a very patient person so I know I can't be a good teacher. And I always think it is unbearable to deal with so many kids together. I would feel :. It would be my last thought to be a teacher for a living. Management is ok for me. I like many people under my control.

And welcome to the forums.
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2009, 10:43 AM   #33
Lingo

Thumbs up Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
And welcome to the forums.
Thank you very much. You are the first and only one who welcame me. I appreciate so much. Nice guy!
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2009, 01:01 PM   #34
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lets ask Alice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice in Wonderland
`Cheshire Puss,' she began, rather timidly, as she did not at all know whether it would like the name: however, it only grinned a little wider. `Come, it's pleased so far,' thought Alice, and she went on. `Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?'

`That depends a good deal on where you want to get to,' said the Cat.

`I don't much care where--' said Alice.

`Then it doesn't matter which way you go,' said the Cat.

The lesson - think of where you want to be in 10, 20 years - and take steps in only that direction.
And be patient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice in Wonderland
`--so long as I get somewhere,' Alice added as an explanation.

`Oh, you're sure to do that,' said the Cat, `if you only walk long enough.'
EgoFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2009, 01:50 PM   #35
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you may be better off trying to get into business management type uni courses that way you can earn the big doggy dollars while managing companies ie car yard(im talking ford holden toyota etc) or a parts business like supercheap auto or autobarn etc

i have been doing storeman/warehousing work since leaving school and im 23 this year and have just decided at the end of last year to give uni a go (i left school at the start of year 12)
I am enroled via Open University (the ad on tv with the manager saying hes going back to uni and they steal his stuff)
currently studying toward a Bachelor of Business in Logistics and Supply Chain Management which can lead me into MANY nitty gritty parts of a business and its a bit of a niche area that the standard Bach of Business doesn't guide you toward.
I could end up anywhere from a freight company to a major food chain like woolworths doing procurement or inventory management or even a warehouse manager.

since you don't know what you want to do... but want to earn a decent living you really have to study the widest fields you can to enable yourself to be useful to many industries
Old 28-01-2009, 04:05 PM   #36
Wally
XP Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
Teachers salary starts at 52K in NSW, majority of teachers with 5-10 years experience earn 77.5K. Head teachers earn minimum 88K in NSW DET schools. Which state are you in? Private schools generally pay above award and offer additional leave/vacation time.
Not in Qld. Private schools don't pay the equivalent super, nor necessarily wages and they expect attendance at the GPS sports events on weekend. My daughter is a HOD for a state school, who also sits on a review panel; the general observation is that private school teachers aren't up to speed with technology.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post