Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 16-06-2015, 07:53 AM   #4561
Chiefscrutineer
Starter Motor

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Good morning Ford Folk, Im Rod and have just laded back in Ford land with the purchase of a Territory.
Past sins include A model, XB Coupe, Turbo Ghia Territory and a few falcons as runabouts.
Appreciate all the time taken to gather the information on this forum and I hope to chat with you soon.
Kind Regards Rod
Chiefscrutineer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2015, 09:35 PM   #4562
GerryP65
Ranger XLT Supercab

Hi folks, the name's Gerry and I just joined this forum a few days ago.

I have jus commenced on my project, which is a '65 XP Falcon Futura Hardtop. This car has been in our family for some 45 years and has been off the road for almost 30. While it's in really good nick with absolutely no rust, I aim to restore it to it's original condition. It'll take a while, as time and money become available. I also intend to do as much as possible myself.

The car is currently stripped down to a shell and about to go on the rotisserie, but the following shots were taken just prior to work commencing. I am keeping a detail log of work, $'s spent as well as lots of pics. When I get organised I'll see about posting as the project continues...

I think it'll be a loooong project though.

GerryP65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 17-06-2015, 10:12 AM   #4563
Curlewis
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi everyone, my name is Tim & I have been a Ford person for longer than I care to admit. Past Ford's consist of "66 XR Falcon 500 sedan, XW Falcon sedan & XW Falcon ute. XE Fairmont Ghia, '76 F100 , "79 F100, "89 F150 & currently 2002 F250 4wd. Along with that lot were my wife's 2 litre "69 Ford Capri, a couple of Laser's & her current 2001 Laser SR2.
We come from down in the lower Sth West part of Victoria (cold at this time of year) & I also have a 1978 Kenworth K124 cabover semi trailer as my current project vehicle.
Cheers Tim
Curlewis is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2015, 04:50 PM   #4564
Maxcat68
Starter Motor

Hi everybody Robert here, long time Ford fan & have been using the site to gain information on the new FG-X XR8. I currently drive a BF XR8, but have a new FG-X XR8 on order (which should be available very soon). Really enjoy looking at the posts & great to see so many Ford fans in the 1 place. Thanks.
Maxcat68 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2015, 07:03 PM   #4565
Mlee
Starter Motor

Hi there
Trying to find Mark ford - formerly of Cronulla/Sylvania previous owner 1975 rx4 "cyborg". If you know mark - Pls pm me - thanks in advance Michelle
Mlee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2015, 08:34 AM   #4566
carson
Starter Motor

Hi guys, thanks for joining me up. I'm in Canberra. My brother and I are going to convert a 170 XP manual ínto a 289 auto. We've got the original,stock,good running engine from a 67 mustang from a mate up the road and I just picked up a reco C4 from the Central coast. W'ed like to collect most of what we need before starting the job. Im led to believe that we need a V8 diff from a XT, front discs,calipers and booster from a XT/XW, 5 stud wheels,302w engine mounts. XT V8 crossmember and XT radiator. Not sure about tailshaft. Will all brake lines and trans cooling lines fit? Handbrake cable? Im sure ive missed things that we need. Does anyone have any parts for sale? best places to get this stuff? We would like to find a diff next. Thanks,any info much appreciated. Oh...and is engineering required in ACT? I was told by the mustang guy up the road it doesn't cause its factory parts and not cutting anything.. doesn't sound right to me.
carson is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2015, 01:10 AM   #4567
WadeST
Old Dog

Hi everyone, it's great to be involved in a group of passionate, proud, experienced and knowledgeable people who are keen to share.
Cars have always been fascinating to me and that hasn't been just the Ford brand. My driving now is no longer competitive, but full of enjoyment for just getting that corner so right.
My current ride is a Focus ST which my wife says is too harsh, the kids just want to get into, and the grandkids can't eat in.
WadeST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2015, 07:47 PM   #4568
AreTwo
Starter Motor

Hi everyone, Needed help and Google led me here. Was a reluctant Ford owner, having had 40+ years of Holdens. Then found a capri convertible and loved it (now have three), Bought the wife XR6 AU1 - great car, did 580,000 Kms. Now have Territory SR and also love this car too, so "Fords" bring em on ...
AreTwo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2015, 10:49 AM   #4569
connie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreTwo View Post
Hi everyone, Needed help and Google led me here. Was a reluctant Ford owner, having had 40+ years of Holdens. Then found a capri convertible and loved it (now have three), Bought the wife XR6 AU1 - great car, did 580,000 Kms. Now have Territory SR and also love this car too, so "Fords" bring em on ...
Welcome my fist Falcon was a 1978 XC Have had Falcons ever since Now 09 G6E.
connie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2015, 11:50 AM   #4570
BananaGT
Starter Motor

Morning all, have inherited a 2005 BA GT, hope to have it at the All Ford Day Eastern Creek in a few weeks.
BananaGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2015, 10:49 AM   #4571
jay jay
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

thanks guys for letting me join!Im a FORD nut,now an old nut !previous Ford were 42 sedan,49 single spinner,46 sedan,50 single spinner convertible one of 2 in n,z, at the time 76 xb panel vanassembled down GT line,fully GT.78 Falcon GS coupe and now awork horse 07 waon.
jay jay is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2015, 01:53 PM   #4572
Ming
Starter Motor

Hi Guys ( and Gals? ), look forward to some feedback on my project, I've got a 2002 T3 TE50 which I absolutely love... And just got a 2000 XR8 minus box and motor to put my 429 in, anybody done this before? P.s I'm in NZ. All the bestest....
Ming is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2015, 02:36 PM   #4573
f4forté
Starter Motor

Hi everyone
Thanks for adding me into your valued family of ford enthusiasts, just purchased a 2002 au forte from a one owner family who loved it and I sure do as well. Would love to hear any feedback for mods ect
Thanks all
Brandon
f4forté is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2015, 10:00 PM   #4574
pezimm

G'day all!

Joined a few days ago. First time Ford owner and so far I'm loving it.

Glad to be here and sharing this wealth of knowledge.

Cheers,
Pedro.
pezimm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2015, 01:40 PM   #4575
NA15BS
Starter Motor

Thanks for the add ford australia..

Just bought ford territory ghia 07

Just wanna say hi!!!
To everyone...
NA15BS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2015, 01:54 PM   #4576
Sz.terry
Starter Motor

Hi peepes thanks for adding me to the family.
I own a 2012 terry td awd
Sz.terry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2015, 02:01 PM   #4577
FPV0137

Well hello everyone
I'm not exactly a new member. I've been lurking for years but only just started posting lol
My name is Damien. I have a 2004 BA xr8 ute and a 2006 BF GT.
The GT is my pride and joy. I have long term plans to fix the paint/rust and make her go faster but for some reason the BA is taking all my moneys...
FPV0137 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2015, 05:41 PM   #4578
calmac
Enforcer44

Hi my name is Cal i have BA GT ...... thanks for the add Ford

Last edited by calmac; 02-07-2015 at 05:42 PM. Reason: added more info
calmac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2015, 06:52 AM   #4579
Lofty1
Starter Motor

Thumbs up Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi Guys Thank For Adding Me, I've Been a Ford Nut Since My Foot Could reach The Throttle Pedal. I've Owned All The x Series Falcons In Various Configurations Over The Years, Current Vehicles, : XA GT Hardtop Red Pepper ( Never Drive ) , BF Tornado Blueprint ( Rarely Drive ) & XB Ute Flat Black, Column Change Benchy Nickname Bambalam ( Daily Drive ) Was Led Here By Google Trying To Chase Location Of The Yaw Rate Sensor For Sy Territory, Apparently The B Series Ones Are Behind The ICC, Found The One In The Territory Accessible By Removing The Passenger Side Air Bag. Great Site Guys Heaps Of Helpful Information & Advise Here, Cheers Again :
Lofty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2015, 10:51 PM   #4580
Mickyjj
Car Novice, IT guru

Hey all. I have a 1996 XF and 2004 BA XT Sedan. I loved my XF Spack to death and when it came time to get a family car ... a Falcon was my only choice.

I am a newbie to cars and only know the basics. By day I am an IT guy, by evening a family man and weekend ... That is for pretending to be a handy man and pretending I can work on cars
Old 06-07-2015, 10:54 PM   #4581
Dave 11
Starter Motor

Red face Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi Guys Thanks for the ad, Just got 04 Ghia few minor things need doing but love the Territory. Keep reading about the transmission coolers and the problems, Started looking at whats available and there seems to be a few? To a newbie a bit confusing so after a bit of insight from the guys that know. Its a 4 speed box and will be towing a small pop top caravan. Any advise will be great. Ta Dave
Dave 11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2015, 07:12 PM   #4582
aellazam
Starter Motor

Question Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday - Copy of owner manual?

Hi All,
I live in Melbourne and just got a Mondeo wagon 2011 LX. Moving down from 6cyl but very happy so far. Unfortunately, there was no user manual and the only ones I can find online are from Ford UK and they have a different dash. Struggling a bit with some of the electronics. I was hoping to find some manuals on this site but no luck. Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the manual?
Many thanks,
Asher.
aellazam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2015, 07:18 PM   #4583
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday - Copy of owner manual?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aellazam View Post
Hi All,
I live in Melbourne and just got a Mondeo wagon 2011 LX. Moving down from 6cyl but very happy so far. Unfortunately, there was no user manual and the only ones I can find online are from Ford UK and they have a different dash. Struggling a bit with some of the electronics. I was hoping to find some manuals on this site but no luck. Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the manual?
Many thanks,
Asher.
Welcome to AFF , try searching for an Owners Manual, not User manual.

Like this one................

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/641...rd-Mondeo.html
Old 09-07-2015, 07:49 PM   #4584
aellazam
Starter Motor

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday - Copy of owner manual?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
Welcome to AFF , try searching for an Owners Manual, not User manual.

Like this one................

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/641...rd-Mondeo.html
Thanks GasOlane. I've seen this manual but the dash is different to my 2011 LX model - it's UK I think. I'll keep looking. Thanks for the quick reply.
aellazam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2015, 09:10 PM   #4585
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by aellazam View Post
Thanks GasOlane. I've seen this manual but the dash is different to my 2011 LX model - it's UK I think. I'll keep looking. Thanks for the quick reply.
Or try asking in the Mondeo Forum.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=225
Old 09-07-2015, 11:15 PM   #4586
jess94
Starter Motor

Hey guys.
I'm new to this.
My mate referred me cause he is with you guys also and said your all really good decent people and at the all ford show you guys in vic have some really nice cars and me personally I'm a photographer for automotive and I'm only really just getting started (still using my phone lol).
Anyway I'm off topic now.
He mentioned you guys have some cool cars that I could take photos of.
I recently took pics of PSIWGN if you haven't all seen them on Facebook.
Anyways I'm not here often but this is the link for my page feel free to check it out and maybe even book a photoshoot.
Looking forward to hearing from you guys
Jess
https://www.facebook.com/JessCarPhotography
jess94 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2015, 01:03 PM   #4587
Juglearl
Starter Motor

Hi everyone & thanks for adding me. I own a 2003 BA Ford Fairlaine Ghia & looking forward to learning more about any problems & fixes for this model.
I am also looking for advice to put a touchscreen g.p.s in & using the current screen (maybe a Carputer) any tips or places that fit this in Melbourne Vic area would be appreciated.
Juglearl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2015, 11:28 PM   #4588
IanPitts
Starter Motor

Hi all fordforum folk.
I have just purchased a sz tx territory diesel. My first diesel & Ford.
I drove it from the auction room yesterday; it drove really well, a nice intro to the world of driving a territory.
But, I'm starting to 'touch wood' as I've since been reading about the dangers of water contaminated fuel.
This seems to be looming as a major problem.
I would be grateful of any feedback on how real this issue is, and any suggestions to help avoiding any potential problem.
IanPitts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2015, 12:04 AM   #4589
Terriplod

Hi all, bought a 06 awd SR with 92k on the clock and did the whole fluid change and the dreaded std trans cooler delete today **** job but worth it. now just control blade bushes and it is a quiet comfy ride. Upgraded from a t/d courier so it is black and white. Cheers.
Terriplod is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2015, 03:16 AM   #4590
Ansimp

Hi, just picked up an 04 RTV from a mate who has updated to Ranger Space Cabs. 274ks and leaking rear welsh plug/heater plumbing, sway bar bushes and cruise control install are the main focus after a good clean up. Hopefully the lock up rear diff will be enough to navigate our dreaded driveway in the wet and the RTV can become a valued member of the family.
Ansimp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post