Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 10-08-2009, 11:16 PM   #1
Ben85

Thats really strange. Didnt you sign a contract for the vehicle when you ordered it? When i bought my WQ i had to wait 5months and when the car came in there were no extra charges at all. Thats weird.

Interior:- MOMO Blue Leather Gear Knob, Window tint, Scuff Plates, ST Black & Blue Leather seats, Soundstream Amp & 5x7 speakers, Sony Headunit, Pioneer sub & Amp.

Under the Hood:- Superchips ECU Flash Tune, Denso Iridium plugs, KV85 Magnecor Leads, BMC CDA Induction.

Exterior:- Spoiler, clear side repeaters, Lowered (35mm) King Springs, Whiteline 22mm Rear sway bar, 2" cat back exhaust with a dual conversion, Konig 17" Hotswap with Kumho Rubber, HID's.
Ben85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2009, 11:24 PM   #2
donkeykwong
Starter Motor

Yup, i signed a contract, but there is a clause in it that states if there is a change in price between he signing of the contract and the delivery of the car, that the customer is subject to the price rise. Which is shifty, because they knew both that the car was coming in 3 months and that in 2 weeks there was a price rise.

Also, it could be arguable in court under contract law that the term was unusual and not expected by normal people in contracts of that type in this circumstance and that it was not pointed out, thus i may have grounds for termination of the contract.
donkeykwong is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2009, 11:34 PM   #3
Ben85

its shifty because u signed the contract then and there, and would have taken delivery of the car on that day if they had one to give you. So how can you be forced to pay the price rise when its Ford who were unable to supply a vehicle when you signed the contract to purchase it.

Interior:- MOMO Blue Leather Gear Knob, Window tint, Scuff Plates, ST Black & Blue Leather seats, Soundstream Amp & 5x7 speakers, Sony Headunit, Pioneer sub & Amp.

Under the Hood:- Superchips ECU Flash Tune, Denso Iridium plugs, KV85 Magnecor Leads, BMC CDA Induction.

Exterior:- Spoiler, clear side repeaters, Lowered (35mm) King Springs, Whiteline 22mm Rear sway bar, 2" cat back exhaust with a dual conversion, Konig 17" Hotswap with Kumho Rubber, HID's.
Ben85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2009, 11:40 PM   #4
Spinner77

Not sure where you are, but in general sales of vehicles are governed by State legislation, and the contracts simply reflect that. In Victoria, the long and the short seems to be that the dealer can charge for price rises, but correspondingly the customer can walk away from the deal rather than pay the increase. You should check it out with your State consumer affairs outfit.

On the other hand, there is the interesting email that msnealo found somewhere, and reported in this very thread on 11-05-09 as saying:

Quote:
Please note, the Original Arrival Month as shown on the 'VREV' screen in VIS will not be changed to
ensure delayed vehicles are price protected in line with the original arrival assumption.
It was apparently signed by:

Quote:
Stephen Kruk
General Sales Manager
Spinner77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2009, 01:38 PM   #5
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why did you sign the contract? I would have had that changed. When I first ordered by car in silver I had them change the acceptance of my order, along with that stupid clause that removes the dealer from blame should it not have all the airbags. Took some time, but they changed it.
Old 11-08-2009, 05:10 PM   #6
curik

At the end of the day it depends on how much the total driveaway cost is. Mine was exactly 25k (premium mats, auto, ipod cable, slimline plate, +1 year warranty + rear sensors). Thats including the $500 I had to pay them.

That sucks, but they said either I pay the increase or I don't get the car. Back then in May I was probably one of the only few autos and any auto zetecs would sell like hot cakes so I couldn't say "fine, I'll walk to another dealer and gimme back my money".
curik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2009, 11:22 PM   #7
donkeykwong
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by curik
At the end of the day it depends on how much the total driveaway cost is. Mine was exactly 25k (premium mats, auto, ipod cable, slimline plate, +1 year warranty + rear sensors). Thats including the $500 I had to pay them.

That sucks, but they said either I pay the increase or I don't get the car. Back then in May I was probably one of the only few autos and any auto zetecs would sell like hot cakes so I couldn't say "fine, I'll walk to another dealer and gimme back my money".
exactly, which is what i wrote in my complaint to ford head office, its being reviewed now by their customer service team. Plus I also mentioned that this behaviour was only evident with this dealer. I also sent a complaint in to consumer affairs victoria to see what they thought of it.

mine was 23.5k with manual, mats, +1 year warranty and UV tint.
donkeykwong is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2009, 05:44 PM   #8
Ms_Jam

To answer Mike in OZ's question, I now know that the ship will dock here on 8 September.

Here's the secret I stumbled across. If you have the SIDO number from your dealer, Ford Australia can tell you which ship it's on. Once I had that, I was able to google the ship's owner and look up their schedule.

For extra fun, I discovered that you can follow your ship's voyage on a Google map through marinetraffic.com.

For some unknown reason, I had trouble using the site direct to find the ship, but no difficulty if I routed the query through Google. So, if you type the name of the ship in Google's search box and add the word "vessel", click the search result sourced from marinetraffic.com.

This should take you to a nice photo of the ship and the coordinates of its position. Click on those, and you get a map showing exactly where the ship is.

The boat with my Zetec left Germany on 23 July, and took the scenic route around Africa rather than through Suez. I suppose I can console myself that the long route avoided the risk of being pirated, and of my little car being bunny-hopped around Mogadishu with a machine gun in the back!
Ms_Jam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2009, 06:07 PM   #9
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hope everyone has picked up their cars and no one is waiting because today I was in town today and needed to kill some time so I checked out the Ford dealer. To my shock they had 6 Fiesta’s in the yard. 5 zetec (red,black,silver) 1 CL (gray). Red was nice looked sharp.

What caught my eye was that one of the Fiesta's had a badge on the back saying "TITANIUM” By looking at the car it was a Zetec, had the same body kit/wheels and the same interior, just named TITANIUM. WTF! The other fiesta's had zetec.

Does anyone know why or just a dealer trying to up the anti.
ANGEL#3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2009, 08:04 PM   #10
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There is an alarm. Lock the car with the remote and have a window down. Pull the inside door handle and off goes the alarm. Dead locking the car means only only way to set the alarm off is break in. Honestly, Reading the manual is the best thing you can do. Will take you like two hours. You'll learn so much about your car.
Old 26-08-2009, 08:10 PM   #11
Fi.ES.TA

Thanks phoenix555 for letting me no i've sorted the link and thanks for the comment on my pics.

PS. The titanium is the top of the range fiesta in the uk.

Last edited by Fi.ES.TA; 26-08-2009 at 08:18 PM.
Fi.ES.TA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2009, 09:03 PM   #12
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well it sounds like someone was playing around with badges. With the new Mondeo Titanium on sale I bet someone thought they would play around with their Fez! I'm getting an 'S' badge just to be corny. Since my car is similar to a Zetec S. Infact our Zetec is a mish mash of Titanium and Zetec S, so I should rip the Zetec badge off and make mine a...

TITANIUM S!!!!! Well I like it, as corny and lame as it may be rebadging my car!
Old 26-08-2009, 09:27 PM   #13
Fi.ES.TA

Why not no one know's the difference unless they really inspect your car
throw some leather seats in it and no one will tell ;)
Old 26-08-2009, 09:38 PM   #14
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I want Zetec S seats, but the side airbags are built into the seat. The Zetec S has those really supportive sports seats, the stock seats are great but these would be awesome! Don't think the come in Soho though either :( Meh
Old 26-08-2009, 09:45 PM   #15
Fi.ES.TA

Yeah will agree there the stock seats are comfy they just need a little more lentgh in the sides to hold you a bit more.I went and had a look at some bucket seats last week took one look at the price and walked straight back out with my jaw still inside the shop lol.
Old 27-08-2009, 10:35 AM   #16
Spinner77

Quote:
it may!?!?! get to the dealers after clearing quarantine, etc
If the salesman really did mention quarantine, he surely deserves a special Marketing Award of the Year (Stalling Division).

Wonder how would he explain it? "You see, sir, every vehicle has to be individually checked for the shocking German strain of the fuel injector virus, in case it infects other cars here."
Spinner77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2009, 02:35 PM   #17
Mike in OZ
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger77
If the salesman really did mention quarantine, he surely deserves a special Marketing Award of the Year (Stalling Division).

Wonder how would he explain it? "You see, sir, every vehicle has to be individually checked for the shocking German strain of the fuel injector virus, in case it infects other cars here."
Well, quarantine or not, good news - it has arrived at the dealers at last : So the German fuel injector virus must have been given the all clear.

They recon I can pick it up on Wednesday afer the tints have been done. Just need to arrange to get to pick it up.
Mike in OZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2009, 11:08 AM   #18
JClarke
Deaf Driver

Hey everyone, I am going to order my new car today from the Ford Dealership in Belconnen (ACT) it will be most definitely a Zetec version. I will be finding out what color is available in stock, if it is black or other which suits me then will be purchasing it.

Can't wait.
JClarke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2009, 01:27 PM   #19
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Welcome to the club! Have they given you an indication of delivery time or will you take whatever they have in stock? If so, black looks the tits. A member here has a black 5-Door with the optional 17's and it's very nice.
Old 31-08-2009, 01:31 PM   #20
JClarke
Deaf Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidTyphoon
Welcome to the club! Have they given you an indication of delivery time or will you take whatever they have in stock? If so, black looks the tits. A member here has a black 5-Door with the optional 17's and it's very nice.

Whatever's available in stock as long it has Zetec version and bad-*** alloy wheels and in manual with 5 door, then i'm good with it. As long it is in a dark color, i'm sweet.
Old 31-08-2009, 01:36 PM   #21
JClarke
Deaf Driver

By the way, was that member's black car was supposed to be for the wifey aka fiesty car, si?
Old 31-08-2009, 07:30 PM   #22
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

CCDA I think, yeah Fiesty that's it! Look very nice!
Old 31-08-2009, 07:50 PM   #23
JClarke
Deaf Driver

Excellent news!

I just bought a Ford Fiesta Zetec 5 Door in Moondust Silver and I will be picking it up on WEDNESDAY!!!!
Old 31-08-2009, 08:11 PM   #24
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Great new mate. You'll love the car. Enjoy
ANGEL#3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2009, 01:28 AM   #25
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We've been waiting since may for our Vision Zetec from an SA dealer. Having the same problems as most people on the forum. Broken promises, changed delivery times, staff not knowing their product, and not communicating.

Thank a few guys on here otherwise the wife woulda cancelled the order. Im more a Holden man and so far the Ford experience hasnt been good. Hope this spunky little car turns out better than Ford staff.
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2009, 09:33 AM   #26
Mike in OZ
Starter Motor

Well, the day has arrived when I am meant to pick up the Zetec (4 hours to go). just e-mailed the dealer to make sure it is still OK!

It has only taken 6 months since being ordered (is that a record?)

I just hope I will get chance to drive it some times (as it is Wifies really) as what I have seen on this and other threads everyone seems to enjoy the experience.

I have not told Wifey that I am picking it up (just in case I get another delay!! - I have learn't not to trust any dates given for delivery over the last 6 months) so if all goes well it should be a nice surprise when she gets in tonight.

Have you got any more news GoesLikeAZetec?
Old 02-09-2009, 08:04 PM   #27
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in OZ
Have you got any more news GoesLikeAZetec?
Well no news from the dealer. Its like I dont exist once I signed up. But a friendly interstate ford employee gave me all the info about the car. So cheers for that!!!

Apparently its on the ship that's arriving in WA this weekend sometime and then making its way toward, melb etc.

My problem with the whole experience, wasnt the time delay, just the fact nobody would tell us anything or ring us back ( as per most people's problems ).

So see how we go. How's your experience going with your Zetec?
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2009, 10:06 AM   #28
Mike in OZ
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoesLikeAZetec
Well no news from the dealer. Its like I dont exist once I signed up. But a friendly interstate ford employee gave me all the info about the car. So cheers for that!!!

Apparently its on the ship that's arriving in WA this weekend sometime and then making its way toward, melb etc.

My problem with the whole experience, wasnt the time delay, just the fact nobody would tell us anything or ring us back ( as per most people's problems ).

So see how we go. How's your experience going with your Zetec?
It's great so far but not done my Km's yet. Going to do a long drive at the weekend - can't decide where yet to get the best experience and some decent pictures
Old 03-09-2009, 10:31 AM   #29
JClarke
Deaf Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in OZ
It's great so far but not done my Km's yet. Going to do a long drive at the weekend - can't decide where yet to get the best experience and some decent pictures
Did your wife give a good reaction when she discovered about the car?
Old 03-09-2009, 12:52 PM   #30
Mike in OZ
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JClarke_Fiesta
Did your wife give a good reaction when she discovered about the car?
She was absoloutly amazed, she thought at first someone had beaten us to it and got an identical Fez before us and was a bit upset.

We went out to look at it closer - then I Pressed the key, the lights came on and I gave her the key - she could not believe it. I am now looking forward to having a few weeks in her good books (sorry make that a day or 2!).

Anyway she had a short drive and really liked it and is looking forward to the weekend when we will have a trip somewhere (any ideas?).

The car is already getting a lot of interest with people looking at it

How are the other 'new' owners getting on?