Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 01-02-2022, 05:37 PM   #4291
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: What made you feel good today?

My kids first day at highschool. He has made a friend. He is a social person so im sure theres going to be more. As for girlfriends. He has more then i have. Yeah ive been married before, and he exists, but he is a lady killer.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 02-02-2022, 06:15 PM   #4292
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

25 degrees and NO HUMIDITY!
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-02-2022, 06:29 PM   #4293
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Please indulge me for a moment, she is a burning bright light in my world and makes me happy!

Disco is one my favorite Kylie albums, she does it so well. Disco was released in late 2020 and due to Covid, was sadly never toured. Such a shame as it seems Disco was tailor made to be toured.

The closest it got was the Infinite Disco live-stream on New Years Eve 2020/2021................which I'm watching this evening.......again!

The DVD of Infinite Disco was included in the re-release of Disco late last year as the Guest List Edition, which included new collaborations and remixes.

Say what you will about her, and I say this with some level of bias, but you can't fault Kylie for her near flawless career spanning 35 years and the first female artist to have number one albums in the UK across five decades.

I'll crawl back under my rock now...........
Mustang GT

Old 03-02-2022, 09:33 AM   #4294
slowsnake
Banned

I like her too, but for different reasons than her music,

Although the first version of Locomotion was as good as anything I have heard, just for its simplicity, a very basic video clip, that was overruled by her performance
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 03-02-2022, 06:40 PM   #4295
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
I like her too, but for different reasons than her music,

Although the first version of Locomotion was as good as anything I have heard, just for its simplicity, a very basic video clip, that was overruled by her performance
The Locomotion is an acquired taste, best served with a heavy dose of camp and disco beats..........

Mustang GT

2 users like this post:
Old 03-02-2022, 07:45 PM   #4296
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I remember Spotify sending me an exclusive offer for Kylie stuff I listened to it that much so you're not alone mate
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 03-02-2022, 08:29 PM   #4297
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Got my booster today, arms a bit sore.
Oh, and yes, Kylie is... well you know.
3 users like this post:
Old 04-02-2022, 11:09 AM   #4298
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
Got my booster today, arms a bit sore.
Oh, and yes, Kylie is... well you know.
You know what, why do people get it in the arm?........
Get it in ya butt, I mean you use your arms all day, and you just sit on ya butt.
My arms are sore just hanging from my shoulders!....they ache all on their own, I just couldn't function with a sore upper arm, being that my left arm is dormant mostly, still functioning but painful!
Old 04-02-2022, 11:14 AM   #4299
slowsnake
Banned

Cutting my own hair yesterday!......
Both the hairdresser and barber were closed and I needed a haircut, so I went to Woolies and bought a set of battery operated clippers for $16 and a $3 comb.......

Do you see that laughing head rolling around?..well that's my head now, I look like a "70's Sharpie" with my mullet, but it cut and its cut bloody short, should say shorn!.........
Old 04-02-2022, 11:30 AM   #4300
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You know what, why do people get it in the arm?........
Get it in ya butt, I mean you use your arms all day, and you just sit on ya butt.
My arms are sore just hanging from my shoulders!....they ache all on their own, I just couldn't function with a sore upper arm, being that my left arm is dormant mostly, still functioning but painful!
Then my butt would be sore and can't sit down. Arms pretty tender today, couldn't sleep on my left side.
Besides, poor old chemist doesn't get paid enough for me to drop my dacks and expose my hairy butt, sorry too much information.
2 users like this post:
Old 04-02-2022, 11:43 AM   #4301
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
The Locomotion is an acquired taste, best served with a heavy dose of camp and disco beats..........

I like Kylie's original version better.

And what train goes "beep, beep"?

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 04-02-2022, 11:51 AM   #4302
slowsnake
Banned

I always compare her original version to I think the first version I remember from the 60's, not sure but maybe "Little Millie"
Could be wrong there, an African American lass, very young like Kylie was!.......
Old 04-02-2022, 01:13 PM   #4303
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
I always compare her original version to I think the first version I remember from the 60's, not sure but maybe "Little Millie"
Could be wrong there, an African American lass, very young like Kylie was!.......
Little Eva?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4 users like this post:
Old 04-02-2022, 01:35 PM   #4304
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Little Eva?

I remember our school Friday night dance when this was played, all the girls would get together and dance to it while the lads looked on, a few of us would join in every now and again, but it was more fun to watch the ladies, still the best version imo....

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 04-02-2022, 02:41 PM   #4305
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^ Easily the best version
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 04-02-2022, 07:13 PM   #4306
slowsnake
Banned

Knew it was "Little someone"

I think I had the name Little Millie in my head from that brave young lass from Perth with terminal brain cancer!..poor thing, but I will never forget her smile and join de vivre, her natural happiness.
Sorry to go off track!
Old 05-02-2022, 08:10 PM   #4307
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Think i have finished modifying this rig...

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2022, 05:35 AM   #4308
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

Discovering that in Frau Palletchook's Queensland, that getting a positive Covid test entitles you to an exemption for 4 months.....

When asked what I'm going to do after 4 months? Find someone who has covid and get a booster shot from them!
Old 07-02-2022, 12:27 PM   #4309
slowsnake
Banned

Getting 2 good nights sleep in a row?
Wow, waking still during night but falling back to sleep immediately.

So yesterday 7:30am and today 7:45am, what a luxury, waking in the daylight instead of the darkness of night.

Sorta makes ya feel good!...
Old 07-02-2022, 01:19 PM   #4310
Kicking back

I surprised my kid yesterday. Well, it was a surprise for him, but it wasnt a pre planned thing for myself either. So both my mobile and his are on month to month plans. So no contract, change whenever you want etc. Every 6 months or so i hit up the provider to see if theres a better deal going.
So for my plan, yeah nothing.
My kids plan, granted cheaper end of the spectrum, but he couldnt rack up a bill, they came to the party. So for $7 extra, his data before slowed down went from 30gb per month to 80gb. So when i told him i changed his plan, he knows i can can it at any moment, he was hessitant. When i said he now has more data he was super excited saying 40gb, thats amazing. So stern dad mode i said its not 40. So the disappointed ohhhh. But double excitement when i said x2.
Old 09-02-2022, 05:25 PM   #4311
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

This is both a bit of a 'What made you feel good' and a 'Geez I hate that' but I'll post it here coz I'll focus on the good bits

Started two weeks of leave today . Going to take my camper for my maiden voyage with it to Marlo for 6 nights. After not being able to catch up with him at the Newcastle supercars for 4 years now, my mate from Gosford and his partner are going to spend a few days there with me. Taking the kayak and mountain bike with me and the weather's looking great, so really looking forward to it.

And now the not so good bit: churned through a bit of backlog work yesterday to get it out of the way before my leave. I had completed a Critical Control Check for Loss of Containment, which we're doing a blitz on atm, back in December and needed to enter the Check, as well as one hazard report and four maintenance notifications into the system. It took me 2 hours!

As an infrequent user of the system, I'm amazed at how difficult it is to enter in these things which should be super easy for anyone to enter. Especially the hazard report.

What disappointed me the most was that we'd had an incident back on 2015 where a steam drain line failed, at (but don't quote me on this) either 2 or 4MPA. We did a root cause analysis and identified that the pipe had failed because of thin walls due to corrosion. The corrosion was caused by having the pipe clad in insulation as it is close to a walkway. Because the pipe is not normally charged, the insulation gets wet, either due to rain or when the unit is washed down, doesn't dry out and corrodes until its under pressure.

We identified back then that the same configuration was on all four units and raised maintenance requests to put up physical barriers and remove the cladding. My walk in December identified that none of the other installations have been modified since then, so the hazard still exists. So much for a robust system!

Anyway, all that will be forgotten by the time I get to Marlo. Bring it on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4 users like this post:
Old 11-02-2022, 07:05 PM   #4312
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Posted elsewhere, I picked up a screw in the Ranger yesterday.

I dropped the tyre off this morning for repair at the local Bob Jane and went to pick it up just after 5pm (they close at 5.30pm).

When I was asked if I wanted it re-fitted to the car I said no, "that's ok I can do it, it's after 5pm on a Friday, I know how it is". (As a retailer, I hate it when a customer walks through the doors as we are quite obviously closing, and then ask "are you closing". )

The guy then said, well, you have done me a favor, so do you one and make the bill disappear. Puncture repairs are usually only $25-$30 but I was most pleased with that gesture. (I'll also note that I paid full retail for 4 Michelin PS4S from them last year, so they got their money from me)

This sort of thing is what makes customers return to your business. Granted, they wont do this for every customer, most wouldn't be bringing the tyre in off the car, most would need it refitted afterwards. In this case, a $25 loss on their behalf will return to them when I return for my next set of tyres. Which reminds me, the XR8 really needs to get off those horrible Dunlops!
Mustang GT

4 users like this post:
Old 11-02-2022, 08:12 PM   #4313
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I feel you about the closing so always appreciate that. In my old job many years ago I often worked for hours after close to catch up and I'd have people rock up because the lights were on. Can't hide when 2/4 of the building are glass

Yeah a little bit after close is annoying but hours later is just taking the **** especially when they ordered urgent service which was ready hours ago.

Sometimes I'd see the headlights come and run and hide in the dunny until they ****ed off just on principal
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 11-02-2022, 08:40 PM   #4314
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
I feel you about the closing so always appreciate that. In my old job many years ago I often worked for hours after close to catch up and I'd have people rock up because the lights were on. Can't hide when 2/4 of the building are glass

Yeah a little bit after close is annoying but hours later is just taking the **** especially when they ordered urgent service which was ready hours ago.

Sometimes I'd see the headlights come and run and hide in the dunny until they ****ed off just on principal
Our phones are all web-based now, meaning the three bosses have their mobiles acting as the company "landline". Which also means the "phone" go's home with them. Customers calling on Christmas day expecting service is a annoyance I hear about every year. Some people are just so oblivious.
Mustang GT

5 users like this post:
Old 12-02-2022, 09:39 AM   #4315
slowsnake
Banned

Just waking up and seeing a brand new day!......

Plus, I massaged my pretty neighbours neck and shoulders and thoracic area for an hour last night......

Why couldn't I of met her 20 years ago?..
Old 13-02-2022, 06:01 PM   #4316
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bought a new BBQ 2 weeks ago, finally got around to putting it together.
Absolute bath of sweat, pretty warm and humid outside.
175 nut,washers and bolts doesn't help, only 2 nuts and bolts left over, must be spares LOL.
Old 13-02-2022, 09:14 PM   #4317
slowsnake
Banned

I remember asking my boss in 1971 how they polished Stainless Steel, he gave me a few books by a company called "Silver Fox" I was hooked.........
Old 13-02-2022, 11:09 PM   #4318
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Christened it tonight with a couple of steaks.
Stainless will just get a wipe over with a soapy sponge.
Old 14-02-2022, 12:51 PM   #4319
Kicking back

Spent 30 seconds fixing the one thing i really liked complaining about about my house. So the past 6 or so years the handle on the back sliding door has been loose. So inside you'd have to jiggle it to get the lock to work, same deal with the key on the outside. So 2 screws to take the cover off and 2 screws under said cover to tighten the handle up. Main issue now is i have to find something else minor to procrastinate about for years before fixing.
3 users like this post:
Old 14-02-2022, 05:57 PM   #4320
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Spent 30 seconds fixing the one thing i really liked complaining about about my house. So the past 6 or so years the handle on the back sliding door has been loose. So inside you'd have to jiggle it to get the lock to work, same deal with the key on the outside. So 2 screws to take the cover off and 2 screws under said cover to tighten the handle up. Main issue now is i have to find something else minor to procrastinate about for years before fixing.
That's so funny, I've got stuff like that around here too! Last one was a lose towel rail in the bathroom, was dodgy for two years. It only took a couple of turns with a screw driver, but you can't rush these things.
Mustang GT