Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: What is the verdict? .... Yes or No. Pick 1 of each.
EXTERIOR - YES 172 46.11%
EXTERIOR - NO 189 50.67%
INTERIOR - YES 273 73.19%
INTERIOR - NO 93 24.93%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 373. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-02-2013, 07:33 AM   #1
brydie76
Moff-fan

Default Re: VF Holden

I actually don't mind it, tail lights remind me of an Eos though (not necessarily a bad thing). You can tell Holden wants to capture some of the "Euro" sales, be it actual Euro eg VW or the "Euro-look" like it (Hyundai etc).

And as far as test driving cars, I went to look at 3 new cars on the weekend and didn't test drive one. 2 of them features alone would make me very happy with the car if I bought it (as long as there isn't something dreadfully wrong with the car). I will test drive only when i am pretty much so committed to the purchase and happy with a price- imagine most people would be the same nowadays.
(And yup, the 2 with the best features were Hyundais. That and their warranty can't be beat nowadays. Think a lot of manufacturers- Ford and Holden included- will need to look at that over the next few years)

Now rocking a 2012 Suzuki Swift Sport!
brydie76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2013, 07:41 AM   #2
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG3 View Post
True, this is more obvious in the interior styling, they really look a decade apart.

http://www.carshowroom.com.au/carpho...4171126002.jpg

http://photo.netcarshow.com/Holden-V...3_photo_0a.jpg
They do look a decade apart, but I still thinks the FG interior is better. Having said that, I still think the interior on my AU is best interior in a falcon yet. The ride, comfort and handling is better too.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 11-02-2013, 08:50 AM   #3
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I will hold judgement until I see one in the flesh, as at the moment I really don't like it. There's something about the interior I really dont like (apart from the seats). Then again, I haven't really liked the look of any commodore at any release stage.
T3ts50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2013, 08:53 AM   #4
The Snout

""Yeah it's difficult but if you make world-class stuff ... you can sell it in San Francisco, Sydney, Boston to Brisbane and it is world class, you cannot do that if it's not world class."

Falcon will have to spend a year not offering class leading features while competing against a car that is clearly superior in it's offerings on those same features. Base Commodore and Falcon aren't in the same league anymore. Saving grace may be if it's not in the same league on price either.
The Snout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2013, 09:00 AM   #5
Stagg
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I can see the value of the VE commodore dropping overnight when the VF comes out, and I can also already smell the burning rubber of the miners who destroy the rear tyres on their brand new SS commodore

In my eyes any new Commodore to cashed up bogans is exactly like a new iPhone model to hipsters everywhere, when it it released, they **** their pants... twice
Old 11-02-2013, 09:12 AM   #6
cool65
carefactor zero

Haven't read all the previous posts but looks more like the chrysler 200

https://www.google.com.au/search?hl=...mg.wZYTPsPM1fk

What future bogan is going to want to do up a grandpa car - you would laugh if it pulled up next to you at the lights with a doof doof coming out of it.
cool65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2013, 02:36 PM   #7
Bobman
Regulator

Electronic handbrakes seem like a good idea. Something Ford should look at with the Falcon as they've had a very shady history of dodgy handbrakes in the past few models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool65 View Post
What future bogan is going to want to do up a grandpa car - you would laugh if it pulled up next to you at the lights with a doof doof coming out of it.
The same future bogans who do the same with the G6ET? Seriously, that's a silly comment.

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Bobman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2013, 09:21 AM   #8
turbodewd
FG Falcon fan

Well the weight reduction and HUD and light colored leather for the interior are BIG selling points with me. If there was no Falcon tomoro Id buy the VF commodore - Im always supporting AU or NZ industry. Wanted to buy a Fisher n Paykel dish washer recently but this is the Mrs' field so I had to relent and let her have her Bosch.
turbodewd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 11-02-2013, 09:51 AM   #9
Rico 110s
Falcon follower

Seriously now surely anyone can see that the dashboard is no more than a mixture 2008 lancer and Cruze, Holden are truly the masters of spin if they get away with this one.
Rico 110s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2013, 10:09 AM   #10
GQ_Smooth
Long live the inline 6

Apart from the front grill, I think it's great. The tech at this stage is perfect. Would stay well clear of buying one for the first 12months (give them a chance to work the bugs out), if the build quality and pricing is competative a SSV or Calais V would suite our needs perfectly when it's time to upgrage the BF2 Ghia. So far, good work Holden.

Hers
BFII Ghia
GQ_Smooth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2013, 11:25 AM   #11
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ_Smooth View Post
Apart from the front grill, I think it's great. The tech at this stage is perfect. Would stay well clear of buying one for the first 12months (give them a chance to work the bugs out), if the build quality and pricing is competative a SSV or Calais V would suite our needs perfectly when it's time to upgrage the BF2 Ghia. So far, good work Holden.
This is going to be an important thing. VE was very poor in this regard especially with electronics and with the amount of tech in the new model it has the potential to be disastrous. Lets hope they have done a fair bit of testing this time.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2013, 10:40 AM   #12
cool65
carefactor zero

First photos of racecar from GRM
http://motoring.ninemsn.com.au/showr...rc-v8-supercar
cool65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2013, 10:45 AM   #13
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool65 View Post
Not the nicest looking race car.. It might look better with different liveries?
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2013, 11:11 AM   #14
dimka100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The interior and exterior makeovers are definitely A LOT more than everyone was previously speculating, hell I can still remember the Dribble (Drive) articles how the VF will just have slightly updated plastic bumpers LOL … well I guess Holden has proved them wrong after all, again.

It also amazes me how many people are voicing their critical and to some extent negative opinions about the VF yet barely any details have been published yet! Do people realise that this only is the Calais model? Yes it’s NOT the SS … yet people make such remarks as “it’s not aggressive enough”. Then we have the typical drivetrain/driveline comments, yet Holden has not actually released any information on the changes at all!

And lastly I love all the comments made by people who never actually go and buy a new car, they are priceless. In all seriousness unless you are in the market for a new car nobody cares! Yes wether its Ford/Holden or any other maker, unless you are ready to fork out cash on a new car, they just don’t care!
Old 11-02-2013, 11:16 AM   #15
PridenJoy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his contributions to the forum, especially showcased with his highly detailed AU build threads. He is a fountain of AU knowledge. 

BJR's livery

http://www.speedcafe.com/2013/02/11/...-vf-commodore/
PridenJoy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2013, 11:17 AM   #16
blk6t

I also like it, it's a great upgrade for the Commodore...the Calais looks great in my opinion and never really been a fan of the "Calais" in the VE, looked lost.

My only gripe is no release of the SS, which is a big mistake in my opinion, the SSV really wowed the crowds during the release of the VE.

Either way as previously stated, Holden VS Ford is DEAD...gotta stop comparing this to the FG, the VF is more advanced and designed for a broader global market with GM support...it is the Aussies vs the imports and the VF is the first modern Aussie car that can genuinely compete in my opinion.

The only downside to the commodore package now is it's size, it's still a big car...

Anyway for the sake of Aussie car manufacturing I hope the Commodore goes gang busters overseas and exports pick up, plus I hope to see the Commodore rise again in our sales charts which I think will happen as most have been patiently waiting...Holden's biggest task is to maintain that sales run after the hype wears off...
Old 11-02-2013, 11:40 AM   #17
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk6t View Post
I also like it, it's a great upgrade for the Commodore...the Calais looks great in my opinion and never really been a fan of the "Calais" in the VE, looked lost.

My only gripe is no release of the SS, which is a big mistake in my opinion, the SSV really wowed the crowds during the release of the VE.

Either way as previously stated, Holden VS Ford is DEAD...gotta stop comparing this to the FG, the VF is more advanced and designed for a broader global market with GM support...it is the Aussies vs the imports and the VF is the first modern Aussie car that can genuinely compete in my opinion.

The only downside to the commodore package now is it's size, it's still a big car...

Anyway for the sake of Aussie car manufacturing I hope the Commodore goes gang busters overseas and exports pick up, plus I hope to see the Commodore rise again in our sales charts which I think will happen as most have been patiently waiting...Holden's biggest task is to maintain that sales run after the hype wears off...
the only downer i see is the bright interior in that bright airey looking cabin, on a bright sunny day it might have reflection and glare problems, time will tell though, as for BIG CARS......................
big = more sheet metal between you and the other car, big = roomier/airier , big usually rides tracks better than smaller short wheelbase, big usually more suitable for towing, ask the wife ..........size matters
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 11-02-2013, 11:45 AM   #18
kaniSS
BIG MEMBER ;)

Where's the handbrake?

Looks like they copied some features out of the FG interior to be honest. Look at the auto gear knob, the cup holders and the middle handrest. It says FG to me.
Old 11-02-2013, 11:51 AM   #19
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaniSS View Post
Where's the handbrake?

Looks like they copied some features out of the FG interior to be honest. Look at the auto gear knob, the cup holders and the middle handrest. It says FG to me.
It has an electronic handbrake like the euros, that little button where the old ugly handbrake use to sit.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2013, 12:05 PM   #20
buggo
[BU66OS]

Quote:
Where's the handbrake?
It has an electric button activated hand brake.
That'll be a deal breaker in 10 years years time.

BA XR8 Manual
buggo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2013, 12:08 PM   #21
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i wonder how well the electronic hand brake works doing a hill hand brake start? if you get a flat battery with the hand brake on is there a manual release if you have to roll/tow the car the car? i`m in two minds about the e hand brake.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2013, 12:10 PM   #22
kaniSS
BIG MEMBER ;)

Electronic you say. Interesting.
Old 11-02-2013, 02:23 PM   #23
AG3

Quote:
Electronic you say. Interesting.
Many euro cars, mostly premium models, use them.
The next Mondeo/2013 Fusion also uses an electronic parking brake
AG3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2013, 03:39 PM   #24
adz193
EL XR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG3 View Post
Many euro cars, mostly premium models, use them.
The next Mondeo/2013 Fusion also uses an electronic parking brake
Now that is a nice interior! Credit to Holden where it's due but that just flows much better then VF Calais imo...

Navy 97' EL XR8
Factory manual | Tickford kit | Pacemakers + Full exhaust
adz193 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2013, 12:25 PM   #25
GQ_Smooth
Long live the inline 6

Welcome to the 21st centry, electric handbrakes are here to stay. I wouldn't be suprised if they don't make it an auto release unit as is in alot of volkswagen group cars (Passat, A6 Audi).

Hers
BFII Ghia
GQ_Smooth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2013, 12:55 PM   #26
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The 10 spoke GTE rims are quite similar to the new Calais rims.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2013, 01:14 PM   #27
chopstar87
The Original ChopstaR

Having a Quick look at that "SS" interior, there is only 2 buttons to the bottom left of the transmission, where on the Calais there is 3 buttons (for traction control and 2 park assist buttons) wonder why its missing one of the park assist buttons?? maybe the SS wont have Park assist after all?? maybe only parking sensors? for the SS?

Which is not what Holden was saying the other day about all cars been able to part themselves... maybe only the luxury models will be able to??

May 2006 – October 2006: 2002 Proton Persona
October 2006 – July 2013: 2004 BA Ford Falcon XR6 (Blueprint – 4 speed Auto – Premium Audio - No Tracton Control )
July 2013 - ???: 2013 Chrysler 300c Luxury (Bright white – Panoramic Sunroof – 19 speaker 900 watt Harmon/Kardon stereo)
November 2013 - ???: 2013 Ford Focus Sport (the missus's car, white, manual)
chopstar87 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2013, 01:25 PM   #28
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

I would say the extra park assist button is the traffic button, possibly only the V models have that.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2013, 01:40 PM   #29
PapaSkidz

looks cheap on the inside compared to the Kia and Hyundai's, Trying to go Euro they have gone chinese. new chassis would be from the Insigna ithink.
PapaSkidz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2013, 01:58 PM   #30
turbodewd
FG Falcon fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaSkidz View Post
looks cheap on the inside compared to the Kia and Hyundai's, Trying to go Euro they have gone chinese. new chassis would be from the Insigna ithink.
Pls educate me, how does it look cheap? It looks like its the same as, say, the interior of the Hyundai i45. The speedo and tacho look like they could be from a Camry, i.e theyre contemporary.

Your comment is subjective, ergo immeasurable, ergo...meh!

I think the interiors look modern, appropriate, contemporary.
turbodewd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post