Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-12-2010, 05:53 PM   #361
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Snout
looks just like the old Territory with minor cosmetic changes.
Thats all it was going to be...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2010, 06:01 PM   #362
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaxr6t
when the terri gets manlier and grows into a real offroad option instead of this soft roader garbage I may consider it, soft roaders are a stupid automobile and it astounds me that they sell at all
........ that was never their intention from day one. If you don't get that by now you never will ............ but just in case you do not comprehend ...... these have and always been marketed against all other SUV's on the market ie: Everything from Kruger to Kia Carnival. (HUGE market) It is not intended and has never pretended to compete with Landcruiser or Pajero or Patrol. If you want an Off Road 4x4 with a transfer case, by all means get one of those but to compare is just a little bit ignorant of the market it represents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTD
Amidst all this criticism I've had an epiphany.
The constant theme on these threads is about why Ford don't listen to you, your ideas or others' ideas. Then, they try something new and different which loosely follows various themes such as market trends, brand trends etc. and get nothing but criticism from a website which is purported to house all the fans of the brand. Frankly, it's disappointing so many can be so critical so soon and with so little evidence.
The same bloody thing happened when the FG was about to be released, and lots of people said it looked like a BA and was garbage. Then what happened?
Further, where's the loyalty? Talk about premature reactions.
I'm guessing a lot of people on here would require the Advanced Medical Institute and their products, judging by the number of premature comments here.
Agree 1 billon % ......... These are still mules running around. Why, I have no idea but the final product will be, i am sure, a much better proposition rather than some dodgy pics taken in a car park with something that is still obviously not the 100% product. Its a matter of reserve judgement until it is complete ...... then rubbish the product like so many just love to do.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2010, 06:22 PM   #363
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau
These are still mules running around. Why, I have no idea but the final product will be, i am sure, a much better proposition rather than some dodgy pics taken in a car park with something that is still obviously not the 100% product. Its a matter of reserve judgement until it is complete ...... then rubbish the product like so many just love to do.

No. These aren't mules they are pretty much what will be seen when the vehicle is launched.
Fordman1 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2010, 06:33 PM   #364
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barraxr8
No. These aren't mules they are pretty much what will be seen when the vehicle is launched.

I hope the buying public is a little more reasonable towards the new Territory
than the judgmental venom shown on this thread by so called Ford fans.....

I'm amazed at just how critical people are at this make over, it's not as though
FoA is rolling in cash, what do they want all the bells and whistles like Explorer?
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2010, 06:45 PM   #365
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

So i take it FoA arent going to have an offroad pack as an option?

Thing is, C.A. says it has hill descent control. That is for offroad use if im not mistaken?

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2010, 06:48 PM   #366
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Give me an Explorer with V6 Ecoboost.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2010, 06:52 PM   #367
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Let's remember people that this is obviously a lower spec model that we are seeing,
I personally can not wait to we see the upper end model's with the DRL's, I love them and the new wheel's comming, they have me intrigued.
But from all account's so far,
galaxy xr8 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2010, 06:52 PM   #368
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
I hope the buying public is a little more reasonable towards the new Territory
than the judgmental venom shown on this thread by so called Ford fans.....
The reception is better on the LS1 forum then on here.
Old 20-12-2010, 07:07 PM   #369
XRFutura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInterceptor
So i take it FoA arent going to have an offroad pack as an option?

Thing is, C.A. says it has hill descent control. That is for offroad use if im not mistaken?
The territory has had hill descent control since it was released back in 04

Past Vehicles:
2015 Ford Territory TS MKII - diesel burner
2016 Ford FM Mustang GT - The Dream Car
2007 FPV BF MKII GT - popping the V8 cherry
1997 Ford EL Falcon Futura - 6 cylinders of fury
XRFutura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2010, 07:08 PM   #370
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barraxr8
Without the camo stickers, in different specs and colours and in the flesh really is want I meant to say. I have no idea what they will look like in the flesh and until I do I will reserve my judgement For a facelifted model though, I think it should look the goods.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2010, 07:08 PM   #371
dylancox

Darren from FTG Auto Salvage should be lead designer at Ford. Don't Ford themselves even know that Focus door handles look shmick on the Territory and are a direct swap?
dylancox is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2010, 07:14 PM   #372
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFutura
The territory has had hill descent control since it was released back in 04
Ok, thanks for that, im not to knowledgable about terri's as you can see......

Subaru Outback '02
Old 20-12-2010, 07:58 PM   #373
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylancox
[IMG]Darren from FTG Auto Salvage should be lead designer at Ford.?
Not with that taste in wheels.
FPV GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2010, 08:13 PM   #374
Bobman
Regulator

From CarAdvice:

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Bobman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2010, 08:17 PM   #375
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhilton
I think that reflects more the nature of Ford fans. When Ford released the BA we fell head over heals in love. Then again in 2004, we get the Territory. The headlines screamed 'X5 for half the price' and I bet there were very few Ford fans not happy about that. But through poor leadership, various quality and build issues, tough financial times and a drop in demand, the BA and more so the Territory were left to fend against new competition with little to no updates. The evidence is right in front us us, providing these pictures are the actual showroom product. A great looking front mated to what is essentially a 2004 side and rear profile, all while most other brands will have fresh new products.

We've been the underdog in this battle for years, and when Ford finally get it so right, they seam to rest on their laurels and do nothing. If I had the need for an SUV, I'd buy this in a heartbeat, it's a Ford. But will the average Joe look past the obvious?

I hope this Territory flies even higher than the 2004 model, and I wish nothing but success for Ford Australia, but some of their decisions frustrate the hell out of me. Perhaps Ford don't owe us anything, but as negative as we are sometimes, we are still here, a group of realist Ford fans, and many of us are still buying brand new Fords, which at the end of the day is the name of the game.
What he said.

Dan
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2010, 08:46 PM   #376
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

If people were to take these Terri's of road, which I sure would, even just small amounts, they look like they have a good approach angle and departure angle, very handy, even more so if raised a little.
Old 20-12-2010, 09:03 PM   #377
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
If people were to take these Terri's of road, which I sure would, even just small amounts, they look like they have a good approach angle and departure angle, very handy, even more so if raised a little.
That and the tourqy diesel. If it has a center diff lock it would be good too (on the awd models.....but standard awd definition doesnt include having a CDL?)

Subaru Outback '02
Old 20-12-2010, 09:10 PM   #378
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobman
Im getting used to the new look but this shot looks strange because the rear lights wrap too far around the side.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2010, 09:15 PM   #379
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor220
Im getting used to the new look but this shot looks strange because the rear lights wrap too far around the side.
Might just be the case that we need to get used to it, maybe once they are out and about more freely and we see them alot, they might become the norm ?.
I know I felt a little strange about them aswell when I 1'st seen them, but give it time and I will more then likely love them.
Old 20-12-2010, 09:29 PM   #380
Bobman
Regulator

The first time I saw an AU wagon back in 1998 I thought the rear tail lights looked very 'asian car' like.

I'm used to them now. Just wait and see until all models are seen in different colours for a final judgement. I do believe that the rear lights should have stopped wrapping around past the indicator part of it though.

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Bobman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2010, 09:41 PM   #381
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
I'm not so sure. When they launched in '04 the clearance was supposedly a much more limiting factor in going off road than a lack of grip. I wouldnt imagine too much difference with the new bumpers
FPV GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2010, 09:50 PM   #382
ieatsports_cars
proud member of the MFCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
Amidst all this criticism I've had an epiphany.
The constant theme on these threads is about why Ford don't listen to you, your ideas or others' ideas. Then, they try something new and different which loosely follows various themes such as market trends, brand trends etc. and get nothing but criticism from a website which is purported to house all the fans of the brand. Frankly, it's disappointing so many can be so critical so soon and with so little evidence.
The same bloody thing happened when the FG was about to be released, and lots of people said it looked like a BA and was garbage. Then what happened?
Further, where's the loyalty? Talk about premature reactions.
I'm guessing a lot of people on here would require the Advanced Medical Institute and their products, judging by the number of premature comments here.

On the car in question, I think it looks like an evolution of the design with some tweeks and a different face. I like it. The SYII looks too BA'ish, bulky and dated; this looks cleaner, meaner, leaner and fresher. Love the front end, I will consider getting one in Diesel around June.

well said i like it actually, people my shoot me i dont like white cars that territory looks terrible in white, i could picture this new territory in black and it would look awesome especially if FPV did these territorys ill buy one in black or viper hot hot hot... and if i was earning heaps more money i wouldnt even think twice about it.. i want one with the V8 but ford aint going to do it
ieatsports_cars is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2010, 09:52 PM   #383
WASP
Whipple Induced

I like it so far, especially the front end treatment. Look forward to seeing how the top of the range model is executed.
Old 20-12-2010, 10:50 PM   #384
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I hope the buying public is a little more reasonable towards the new Territory than the judgmental venom shown on this thread by so called Ford fans.....
My god, you can not be serious? Various sources who we all know are connected to Ford have confirmed this is pretty much what we'll be getting. Are you all expecting some glossy photos and pretty colours to mask the fact this is still the same Territory we had in 2004, this time with a pretty new face? It's all pretty much there, and if you can't look beyond some minor black tape others have photo shopped the tape out of the images.

I for one will not accept criticism because I won't say 'I like it' just because it has a Ford badge. Blue oval or not, as much as I love Ford, I can't do that. I have based my opinion on what's been shown, you don't have to agree, and if Ford decide to unveil a different car that looks great, I'll happily sit down and shut up.

Quote:
I'm amazed at just how critical people are at this make over, it's not as though FoA is rolling in cash, what do they want all the bells and whistles like Explorer?
Do you think average Joe cares that Ford Australia isn't rolling in cash? No. Not when Toyota released a revised Kluger in 2008, and just face lifted it. Not when Holden will have a brand new Captiva out shortly. Rubbish these two cars all you like, the fact is they both outsell the Territory. Average Joe can't tell the difference, and that's who's buying the majority of cars on the road.

I hope we're not all just blind sighted, and expect the Territory to sail through clear waters. In 2004 the car excelled, looked great, and blew what we thought about Australian cars out of the water. This car will be great, dated side profile or not. It'll drive wonderfully, be built better, be better equipped, and yes, it will look better. But this time around, it has some serious competition. And guess what, no amount of black tape can hide that fact.
Old 20-12-2010, 11:04 PM   #385
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm going to add me 2 cents worth!!
A) Anything of beauty, weather it be a car, girl, bike, phone, what ever is only beautiful when all the little dots & crosses are done... These mules are yet to be dotted & crossed
B) The based model in any car (which these mules are) ALWAYS looks crap... Weather it be Falcon, Curze, Focus, Commodore, Corolla, 3, etc. Base model are cheap & nasty & look crap.. Lets wait for the higher end models to show up, before get all a bit excited
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2010, 11:18 PM   #386
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaxr6t
when the terri gets manlier and grows into a real offroad option instead of this soft roader garbage I may consider it, soft roaders are a stupid automobile and it astounds me that they sell at all
You are right, why take a soft roader to the shops when you can just as easily take your 10 tonne Landcruiser. Go hard or go home is what I say.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2010, 11:26 PM   #387
dylancox

Is it just me, or do the two look like sisters?
dylancox is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2010, 11:32 PM   #388
fou_bleu
Get EcoBoosted

Um... No?
fou_bleu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2010, 11:37 PM   #389
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
My god, you can not be serious? Various sources who we all know are connected to Ford have confirmed this is pretty much what we'll be getting. Are you all expecting some glossy photos and pretty colours to mask the fact this is still the same Territory we had in 2004, this time with a pretty new face? It's all pretty much there, and if you can't look beyond some minor black tape others have photo shopped the tape out of the images.
Edit,
Danny, I wanted to open up on you but changed my mind.
Instead, will you please wait and check out the car in person and then make up your mind.

Last edited by jpd80; 20-12-2010 at 11:55 PM.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2010, 11:39 PM   #390
fou_bleu
Get EcoBoosted

Quote:
... Average Joe can't tell the difference...
There - you already have answered why Ford haven't gone and spent 100 bazillion dollars on some fang-dangled Territory with a complete new body or interior - no one will really notice in the end - it would be a waste of money and time!

I personally think Ford will have done enough to show they are looking after the interested customer - rather than someone who probably isn't even in the market for it. Or is a new rear and side design more important than a new diesel engine or new technological features - which actually sell the cars, rather than how different they look to the car that was release 6 years ago, that, other than an enthusiast, wouldn't remember anyway?

By the way, I'm not trying to rip you up, I just think you are expecting the wrong things from Ford...

Last edited by fou_bleu; 20-12-2010 at 11:45 PM.
fou_bleu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post