Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2020, 07:00 PM   #361
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: USA 2020 Election

Let me see if I have this right.
All the election officials including what we would call scrutineers are saying there's no evidence of any major fraud in the election counting.
Yet one nameless person is allowed to keep yelling fraud without any proof and now has officials looking into it.
Mmmm....
This user likes this post:
Old 11-11-2020, 07:16 PM   #362
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

LOL at this thread, and in particular, the Trump worshipers!

The resorting to name calling when it get's too hot to handle, the photos of some random bitches he picked up on Tinder, and a 12 year old Youtuber!
Old 11-11-2020, 07:25 PM   #363
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well going by the back and forth in this thread it is no wonder what happens over there.

I really hope I'm dead before we import the same BS obsession with politicians here
3 users like this post:
Old 11-11-2020, 07:35 PM   #364
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
I am going to laugh like hell in here when all the court cases have been done and dusted and Trump is the loser

And typical, a few can't debate rationally so they turn to personal insults, the one who looks stupid is you, you are showing the world your level of intelligence, that you can't debate, you can just throw insults. When it starts, it is indicator that you have nothing left to argue with
Saying you’re a good debater or saying your opponents aren’t good debaters doesn’t make you a good debater. To the contrary in fact, as you’re attacking the person rather than the positions backed with irrefutable evidence. Now if you want to win people to your side, have a point about something substantive and make a good case for it.
4 users like this post:
Old 11-11-2020, 07:37 PM   #365
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx000 View Post
Funny thing is a close mate of mine has lived in Georgia for years and is a massive Trump supporter.
Had his house rebuilt by Mexicans after it was destroyed in a huge storm and has it cleaned by Latinos.
Such hypocrisy really
That would be hypocritical if your friend thinks that Mexicans and Latinos shouldn’t be allowed to work in America. Sounds like you believe that is Trump’s policy, which it isn’t. But I suppose if enough Tinseltown celebrities say it is over and over, then perhaps you’re susceptible to believing it.
2 users like this post:
Old 11-11-2020, 08:19 PM   #366
knight rider
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Here's my take on it - some old grub got in cause he's not Trump, he probably won't live long enough to see out his full term.
Trump was pretty bad at most things, common sense he has none but did get some stuff done and I liked him sticking it to China just because someone needed to

Joe will do F all while he's in there - other than find some chicks he can rub up to

I wouldn't have voted if I lived in the US if that's the best they can do- the reason to vote someone out is because the other guy is better I just don't see it, which is hard to believe

Last edited by knight rider; 11-11-2020 at 08:29 PM.
3 users like this post:
Old 11-11-2020, 08:31 PM   #367
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
I really hope I'm dead before we import the same BS obsession with politicians here…
I reckon you should get into politics; your style is to the point, informed and entertaining.
Old 11-11-2020, 08:51 PM   #368
falcon_bandit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

America actually voted him in as president? I'm lost for words.....

https://youtu.be/_-eD2n2dD2Y
Old 11-11-2020, 08:56 PM   #369
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon_bandit View Post
America actually voted him in as president? I'm lost for words.....

https://youtu.be/_-eD2n2dD2Y

4 users like this post:
Old 11-11-2020, 08:59 PM   #370
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Totally hypothetical situation I declare and very very unlikely but just say that through the U.S. courts Trump ended up winning ..

I'd be pretty confident that anybody that thinks that America is divided now will have seen nothin' yet if that took place .

I love how Republicans trot out the fact that 71 million Americans turned out to vote for Trump but fail to mention that several million more turned up to either vote him out and/or vote Biden in .

If and it's a big if the vote was overturned so many of those Democrat voters would have to be incensed beyond belief and you could just imagine what that would lead to .

They've already had one Civil War...
Old 11-11-2020, 09:00 PM   #371
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight rider View Post
Joe will do F all while he's in there - other than find some chicks he can rub up to
I thought it was Guiliani that was trying that in the Borat movie.
Old 11-11-2020, 09:18 PM   #372
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
Just a point here, just coz I don't think Trump has won, doesn't mean I support the other side. I think Trump is the wrong President for the USA, but that doesn't mean I think Biden is, he is 78 FFS!!! Is that the best they can do? Trump is not inclusive and as I have said you need to make a team effort if you want to pull your country out of the doldrums. Biden's 'acceptance' speech was far better than what I heard from Trump in a long time, plus I don't have a Twitter account so miss all the posts
I listened to a radio media discussion a couple of weeks ago on how Joe Biden got the nomination .. The Democrats are a quite factional party apparently and as factional candidates screwed each other over during the primary's and such , Joe Biden was the only one that the rest could work with . He ended up being the most reliable and settled . Kind of a peace maker . That was the main reason he won the Democrat nomination the report deduced .

My own opinion is that Biden will likely only do one term and will have to fight a lot of issues . He is also kind of respected by many Republicans in the Senate because he is not a radical Democrat. Probably an advantage where the Republicans could well hold power so for some matters it might allow some stuff to get done . Only time will tell on that .
Old 11-11-2020, 09:19 PM   #373
anto
Za Dom spremni

what is going on with the media ...

news outlets story promoted by washington compost says whistle blower retracts statement which has been picked up by the media now...
https://www.businessinsider.com.au/u...0-11?r=US&IR=T

yet here is the actual whistle blower saying he did no such thing...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LRrSRljMi8

hard to believe anything you read at this point..its a total propaganda war .
AU III XR8 red ute
5 users like this post:
Old 11-11-2020, 09:51 PM   #374
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevypower View Post
Saying you’re a good debater or saying your opponents aren’t good debaters doesn’t make you a good debater. To the contrary in fact, as you’re attacking the person rather than the positions backed with irrefutable evidence. Now if you want to win people to your side, have a point about something substantive and make a good case for it.
back read mate, I took a half a page a couple of pages back with facts, so don't accuse me of not stating facts. Court rulings
Old 11-11-2020, 10:03 PM   #375
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Absolutely brilliant..... This is so entertaining.

US election: 'Pathetic' - Trump team exposed over fake newspaper front page
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/us-...TINKVV5NLDPQI/

"It was supposed to be proof that the media gets it wrong - because George W. Bush actually won the election and the state of Florida after just 537 ballots separated the pair.

"A reminder that the media doesn't select the President," Murtaugh wrote.

But the newspaper front page which he shared - and which had been plastered on the walls of Team Trump HQ - was itself fake news."

Old 11-11-2020, 10:27 PM   #376
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Absolutely brilliant..... This is so entertaining.

US election: 'Pathetic' - Trump team exposed over fake newspaper front page
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/us-...TINKVV5NLDPQI/

"It was supposed to be proof that the media gets it wrong - because George W. Bush actually won the election and the state of Florida after just 537 ballots separated the pair.

"A reminder that the media doesn't select the President," Murtaugh wrote.

But the newspaper front page which he shared - and which had been plastered on the walls of Team Trump HQ - was itself fake news."

This is all like watching the movie “Downfall”.
Old 11-11-2020, 10:47 PM   #377
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman1 View Post
This is all like watching the movie “Downfall”.
Where Trump commits suicide and Biden creates East Germany.
Old 11-11-2020, 10:54 PM   #378
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I think there’s a fair way to go before President Trump is on par with the little man.

Apparently his golf is actually not bad. I read a seemingly balanced critique of it from about four years ago, by a professional golfing writer. They felt he was possibly skewing his overall score card by not turning in all his results and mostly playing on his own courses, which by design catered somewhat to his tastes. But he was admittedly self-taught, played by instinct rather than formal training (sound familiar? ) and the results were reasonably steady.
Old 11-11-2020, 11:15 PM   #379
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post

https://youtu.be/q9Jcx23mF5Q

#Hitler
#GodwinsLaw

/end thread

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 11-11-2020, 11:25 PM   #380
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Two things I will miss with Trump

1. He was not a hawk like Hillary and did not invade a foreign country or create wars in lands away from USA. Probably too busy with self feathering nepotism appointments to family members and dealing with all those pretty women working for him.

2. He was the best in buffoon entertainment, and he had a clownish humour. Where do we get that fix now, not Biden.....

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
Old 12-11-2020, 02:12 AM   #381
Campbchen
Starter Motor

Trump is the only President who didn't have a war
Old 12-11-2020, 03:23 AM   #382
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbchen View Post
Jimmy Carter?
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
3 users like this post:
Old 12-11-2020, 06:05 AM   #383
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbchen View Post

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ar/6086636002/
2 users like this post:
Old 12-11-2020, 06:19 AM   #384
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
They only get to the first bit with the madman.
Old 12-11-2020, 06:25 AM   #385
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
I think there’s a fair way to go before President Trump is on par with the little man.

Apparently his golf is actually not bad. I read a seemingly balanced critique of it from about four years ago, by a professional golfing writer. They felt he was possibly skewing his overall score card by not turning in all his results and mostly playing on his own courses, which by design catered somewhat to his tastes. But he was admittedly self-taught, played by instinct rather than formal training (sound familiar? ) and the results were reasonably steady.
He cheats a fair bit, and his Golf cart goes twice as fast as others (to help with that simple fact).
Old 12-11-2020, 06:32 AM   #386
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

How does he cheat? Does he just lie about scores?

I didn’t think he would have actually liked the article I read, it was both quite analytical and in places harsh.
Old 12-11-2020, 06:42 AM   #387
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by asagaai View Post
…He was the best in buffoon entertainment, and he had a clownish humour. Where do we get that fix now, not Biden.....
The likely “second gentleman” is from Brooklyn stock. I’ll wager he can put on the schtick if required.
Old 12-11-2020, 07:14 AM   #388
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
How does he cheat? Does he just lie about scores?

I didn’t think he would have actually liked the article I read, it was both quite analytical and in places harsh.
His caddy moves the ball, he places his putting marker closer to the hole, etc, etc

It’s all very childish, he has won trophies for Tournaments when he had been the only one playing a round of golf 🤣
Old 12-11-2020, 07:36 AM   #389
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by asagaai View Post
Two things I will miss with Trump

1. He was not a hawk like Hillary and did not invade a foreign country or create wars in lands away from USA. Probably too busy with self feathering nepotism appointments to family members and dealing with all those pretty women working for him.

2. He was the best in buffoon entertainment, and he had a clownish humour. Where do we get that fix now, not Biden.....
1. Agreed, it was something the world and almost every country needs, he was just the extreme version of it

2. LOL, back to Kim Jong-Un. Not has funny when you have to translate though. Good ol Vladimir is ok for the odd meme as well

Trump was not all bad, but it was running at 150% stupid, his style may work in the corporate world but being a leader of a country requires some tact and diplomacy...as much as we might like too you just cant go around running off your mouth.

If I want to see comedy ill watch a movie or stand up, scary when its a leader of one if the most powerful countries in the world.

BTW, his "style" is also not really fit for corporate these days either, the man is a dinosaur, bit like that crazy uncle at the Christmas party who's had one to many.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
6 users like this post:
Old 12-11-2020, 08:04 AM   #390
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Always read the fine prints.

Donald Trump's latest endeavor? Asking his supporters to pay his debts

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...tion-fund-debt

How the hell does one knock up $1.6b for a campaign!?!!?

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
2 users like this post:
Closed Thread