Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-12-2010, 06:03 PM   #301
ST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The front end does look great, but it seems to be a case of the ultra-modern clashing with the rest of the car which is definitely starting to look its age. The rear tail lights themselves don't look bad but are completely lost in the SUV rear end and don't accentuate the body shape too well.

I will reserve my final judgement until I see the finished product but it really could use revised pillar design and mid-section.
Old 19-12-2010, 06:08 PM   #302
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

The photo gives a better idea on the final product....Put it this way, this could well be the new family hauler

I reserve my final comments to the final product.

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2010, 06:24 PM   #303
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Well, the dash looks pretty darned good, there's a picture over on FAF.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2010, 06:34 PM   #304
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
Bear in mind that you, like the rest of us have been watching this unfold for months/years and have probably become fatigued with the anticipation of something way better.
We always knew it was going to be more a re-bodied facelift than a total refresh, but until the other day when Ford released official sketches, I had absolutely no idea what it would look like. The front is great, but the lack of changes to the back and side profile make the car look like it's stuck in two decades.

Perhaps Ford deliberately put this car out as an unfinished test mule to lower our expectations, then they release something a little more new to lift us back up again? Whoever said new roof rails is spot on, that would be a start. Some nicer alloys would be great too. Maybe remove the body cladding all together?
Old 19-12-2010, 07:11 PM   #305
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
What I mean by "old and tacky" is the middle section and the rear, the rear lights look bad and the middle still looks like the old one, I like the front, but not mated to the middle and rear of the car.
agreed, the front looks good but doesn't mate too well with the mid section of the car.
However that is just the one pic, i will need to see more before a final comment.
Old 19-12-2010, 07:28 PM   #306
dylancox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz Ghia
Why the complaints they didn't change the doors? It's only 6 years old. XD, EA and AU shapes all lasted 9 years, Commodores last about the same. Granted it's late, but they never said it was going to be an all new car, it's only just over half way in it's life cycle.
Shapes are growing old a lot faster than in the 80s and 90s. Probably the onslaught of new designs every 4 years (e.g 2004 kluger completely replaced in 2007 with entirely new model), and the similar Korean invasion of cheap and nasty cars (think Daewoo Craptiva, Hyundai, Kia) with entirely new designs. Even the BMW X5 design was completely redone well below the 9 year mark. Sad reality for Ford and their low budget development, not helped by the very small market the Ford Territory is serving.
dylancox is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2010, 07:35 PM   #307
dylancox

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaxr6t

what the hell is that thing?? sorry but that bites the fat one it smacks of a fourth grader with a texta doing a halfassed job... the current one is a much nicer car... lets pray that this is a half-half hybrid mule car of some description
Anyone thinks a little bit of the middle section of 2012 explorer would have 'fixed' the design?

Old 19-12-2010, 07:38 PM   #308
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

They could have used the Explorer's door handles and mirrors to freshen the mid section but they could not have reskinned the doors, that would have been too much moola. Probably why they have taken the easy option and changed the plastic cladding.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2010, 07:47 PM   #309
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

What i really want to know is...

Those headlights, is that a low beam projector on the inside? The Falcon hasn't got a projector light, or this layout.

What is interesting is, the current mondeo has Cornering Headlights. Basically the low beam adjust there angle according to the steering. They look like normal projectors.

Could the Territory receive these? From the images it looks so, and will the FG mk2 receive them...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/

Last edited by Nikked; 19-12-2010 at 07:57 PM.
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2010, 07:55 PM   #310
g220ba
FGX XR8

I posted this in the Territory section aswell.

Someone at caradvice was really keen to get these shots online ASAP.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/95647/20...ritory-busted/
g220ba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2010, 07:58 PM   #311
Julza
871 Productions Filmmaker

Also from the other section haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julza
Here's a couple more guys:

The pics turned out better on Brendan's phone, but we had a chance to have a good squizz of the prototype, were quite surprised it was wearing so little camouflage... As Bobman mentioned this one appeared to be a diesel prototype looking through the front grille, maybe a low/mid range spec(?) judging by the wheels and placement of the side indicators.

Could clearly see the projector headlights and new tail lights, but the interior was all covered up (the dash anyway). Door trims, seats etc were all the same. Steering wheel and centre console are FG and the centre stack shaped (under the cloth) the same as FG as well, with unique side vents on both sides of the dash which were not covered.

Will be interesting to see the final product with different trims/specs, as the wheels do look rather small with the new front!

Cheers,
Julza

http://www.youtube.com/871productions
Julza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2010, 08:02 PM   #312
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Hmmm it's a bit of a shock to the system after seeing the original Territory shape on the road for so many years.

The more I look at it the more I accept it. In a darker colour with nice wheels I think it should look fine. ATM though Im seeing 'shades of Escape' (out-dated squared-off mid-section with an attempt at funky up to date nose and tail)
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2010, 08:10 PM   #313
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Gross.

Another vehicle that looks like a honda accord with a gaping hole in the front bar.
Old 19-12-2010, 08:19 PM   #314
fou_bleu
Get EcoBoosted

Will wait to see the Ghia / Titanium / whatever, then I'll see what I think, although I am very impressed at the moment! ;) The interior rendering seen on CarAdvice.com.au is also very nice - a very clean FG to Territory swap...
fou_bleu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2010, 08:23 PM   #315
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man
How can they restyle the front flares but not the rear ones? Major half-job there.
Re-styling the rear flares would've neccesitated new rear door skins. It does look a little crook having Focus/Fiesta style flares up front and old Terry ones on the back though.
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2010, 08:51 PM   #316
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

interesting, the new headlight fender cutout and bonnet edge appear to exactly mirror FG, meaning FGII can recieve new territory headlights without sheet metal changes.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2010, 08:59 PM   #317
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I understand the inspiration behind the tail lights now, refer to the 2011 Ford Focus sedan. It appears Ford have tried really hard to apply Kinetic/Post Kinetic styling to the Territory.

Old 19-12-2010, 09:01 PM   #318
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Dont know if this has been posted in this thread yet but here it is,

http://www.caradvice.com.au/95647/20...ritory-busted/

Mentions AFF

Looks like a winner!

Subaru Outback '02
Old 19-12-2010, 09:06 PM   #319
dylancox

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhilton
I understand the inspiration behind the tail lights now, refer to the 2011 Ford Focus sedan. It appears Ford have tried really hard to apply Kinetic/Post Kinetic styling to the Territory.

The focus ones look better? Don't like how the Territory design looks like a cut and shut VE sportwagon taillight.
Old 19-12-2010, 09:12 PM   #320
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Rear reminds me of the older model impreza wagon mixed with forester.

Subaru Outback '02
Old 19-12-2010, 09:14 PM   #321
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylancox
The focus ones look better? Don't like how the Territory design looks like a cut and shut VE sportwagon taillight.
Agreed. The new Explorer also features a similar style tail light, so we could be seeing more of this. The execution of the Territory tail lights is a little softer though.

Old 19-12-2010, 10:55 PM   #322
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks good. Ford need to replace the wing mirrors with the FG type mirrors. If the interior shots are correct then that will be a marked improvement over the current interior. Hopefully it will get a touch screen and a good HMI system.

What I want to know is, what does the TDV6 perform like in it? The Territory is hundreds of kilos lighter than the Dicso 3 so it should perform well and return excellent fuel economy with good touring range.
Old 19-12-2010, 10:56 PM   #323
rocketscientist
AHHHH...WHAAATTTT

Are these integrated (twin?) exhaust outlets, or just a blank design feature?

Hope they are functional, Im a big fan of them on other cars.

Anyways...here's a quick 'chop' with the masking removed and colour added.

Gives an idea.
rocketscientist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2010, 12:56 AM   #324
block58
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketscientist
Are these integrated (twin?) exhaust outlets, or just a blank design feature?

Hope they are functional, Im a big fan of them on other cars.
Nope, just blank mesh.
block58 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2010, 01:40 AM   #325
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by block58
You're not the ****** who has been posting pics on FordAustraliaForums are you ?
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2010, 01:45 AM   #326
block58
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barraxr8
You're not the ****** who has been posting pics on FordAustraliaForums are you ?
Haha no that's not me. I wish it was cos that would mean I have driven the new Territory... somehow.

Do you have something against this guy?
Old 20-12-2010, 01:57 AM   #327
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by block58
Haha no that's not me. I wish it was cos that would mean I have driven the new Territory... somehow.

Do you have something against this guy?

Yes....

And you ...

Lets hope your IP Address is secure
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2010, 01:59 AM   #328
block58
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barraxr8
Yes....

And you ...

Lets hope your IP Address is secure
Nah, you love me.
And I'm not too concerned, by the time they track my IP I'll be half way to Mexico.

Last edited by block58; 20-12-2010 at 02:04 AM.
Old 20-12-2010, 02:25 AM   #329
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 

Side profile would be improved massively with bigger wheels. I dont understand why they havent changed them. Surely the difference in tyre prices between a similar profile tyre but on 18/19 inch wheels as opposed to 17/18 inch wheels. isnt that much?
FPV GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2010, 02:28 AM   #330
buggo
[BU66OS]

It's different. Very American rather than the whole euro theme of the last decade imo. I think it looks okay. Will take some getting used too, but so did FG.
One thing I hate though is the massive 'grille' which is just painted plastic as far as I can tell. Why not just make it functional or have it not so crazily huge. I'm hoping it's just put there to cover up view of the TD, I can only hope.

BA XR8 Manual
buggo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post