Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 09-06-2006, 01:47 PM   #31
photn
AFF Post NAZI

sweet im gonna do that then lolz get all the options, and why not,

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2006, 01:54 PM   #32
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tek option are a personal choice and myself I don't see any of those to be an advantage. In the wet unless it is pouring down I find myself manually wiping the windscreen(Push down on the stick).

I don't think there are options for the ST. Maybe Sat Nav but that won't be avaible in OZ.
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2006, 01:57 PM   #33
photn
AFF Post NAZI

well what ever aus brings out im going to get all options, if im going to have this car for a while, i want to get as many optionas as possible.

Old 09-06-2006, 02:20 PM   #34
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Options for the ST are as follows

1. Reflex Pack – Front side impact airbags and side curtain airbags (deployed from the headlining) and rear centre head restraint

2. Smoker’s Pack – Front ashtray and cigar lighter

3. Airbag – Front passenger’s airbag de-activation switchu (Dealer-fit accessory only)

4. Electronic Stability Programme (ESP). Includes Front side impact airbags and side curtain airbags (deployed from the headlining) and rear centre head restraint.

5. Rain sensing wipers and Automatic headlamps

6. Interior Styling Pack – IP bezel with stripes and colour co-ordinated mats (Not available with Satellite Navigation)

7. Exterior Styling Pack – Over the top stripes (Not available with sunroof)

8. Exterior Styling Pack – Side stripes on doors

9. Exterior Styling Pack – Over the top and side door stripes (Not available with sunroof)

10. Air conditioning - CFC-free with Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (EATC)

11. Sunroof – Tilting and sliding, screened glass

12. Rear seat – Head restraint on centre seat (part of option pack). I do believe these are stock on the LX, Zetec and Ghia in Australia... So Ford Aust might just include it also

13. Seats – Full-leather trim, heated

14. Satellite Navigation stereo radio/CD – Becker Indianapolis (also plays mp3/WMA) - Not available Bluetooth® Hands-Free Technology and Voice Control System)

15. Radio navigation system - Bosch Blaupunkt TravelPilot EX, mp3 capability, 4" monochrome display*

16. Portable Music Connection Socket - Allows connection of a portable music player to the car's audio system (Not available with Durashift automatic transmission)

17. Bluetooth® Hands-Free Technology and Voice Control System (system without cradle). Does not include mobile phone.

Who said there weren't a lot of options?!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2006, 02:26 PM   #35
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieoter
Tek option are a personal choice and myself I don't see any of those to be an advantage. In the wet unless it is pouring down I find myself manually wiping the windscreen(Push down on the stick).

I don't think there are options for the ST. Maybe Sat Nav but that won't be avaible in OZ.
Advantage: Don't have to push down on the stick. If it isn't raining heavily, it will judge when to wipe the windscreen. When stopped at the lights and the rain is therefore not as heavy, it won't continue to wipe the windscreen for no reason.

Refer to above - lots of options!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 09-06-2006, 06:18 PM   #36
Danny
GT4.

COME ON! DO we have to make this a Renault Vs. Fiesta thread? Enough huh?
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2006, 06:28 PM   #37
kenneth_lks
Fiestata!!

yeah, it is doesn't matter for what type of car that Teki owned. As long as he contributed a lot in the forum and mostly related to Ford Fiesta..
kenneth_lks is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2006, 08:12 PM   #38
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Danny - I wasn't refering it to the Clio. He said there weren't many options. Just making a point - there are options.

If the XR5T is anything to go by... Ford Aust will just pick the most suitable options for Australia... (remember, UK has 3 [i think] option packs on the Focus ST... called ST1, ST2, ST3)

So, my guess would be;

Stock XR4
XR4 with option pack;

Safety - ESP (which comes with added airbags)
Luxury - Leather and Sunroof!

Old 10-06-2006, 01:44 AM   #39
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I stand corrected about the options I wasn' sure. I PERSONNALY don't find auto wiper to have any advanatage, I don't care what you think of it but that my own opinion so shut up.

Option for OZ will be:
ESP
All Exterior Styling
Air Con
Seats
Sunroof

It would need the leather, sunroof and aircon options to compete with the Polo GTi that alreayd has those. ESP is a maybe as Aus companies don't really options these onto AUS spec cars. Exterior Styling is pure Fiesta ST.
Old 10-06-2006, 01:50 AM   #40
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
I stand corrected about the options I wasn' sure. I PERSONNALY don't find auto wiper to have any advanatage, I don't care what you think of it but that my own opinion so shut up.

Option for OZ will be:
ESP
All Exterior Styling
Air Con
Seats
Sunroof

It would need the leather, sunroof and aircon options to compete with the Polo GTi that alreayd has those. ESP is a maybe as Aus companies don't really options these onto AUS spec cars. Exterior Styling is pure Fiesta ST.
Not sure about the Climate Air Con on the Fiesta being necessary - the Polo GTi is 'Climatic' Semi Auto... and judging by the photos it doesn't look very Climate Control to me (with your standard 1-2-3-4 positions).

ESP would need to be an option - all Hot new Hatches have the ESP standard, or option.

Aus Companies don't have ESP as they aren't that advance.... yet

Old 10-06-2006, 02:04 AM   #41
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Not sure about the Climate Air Con on the Fiesta being necessary - the Polo GTi is 'Climatic' Semi Auto... and judging by the photos it doesn't look very Climate Control to me (with your standard 1-2-3-4 positions).

ESP would need to be an option - all Hot new Hatches have the ESP standard, or option.

Waiting for the soccer too?

Don't know too much about the Polo system but the fiesta would need to better the Polo simply because of the VW badge.

LOL, bit harsh with the ESP comment but even imported cars from other markets have the ESP option missing. So will other have it and is a great feature I can't really see ford going with it.
Old 10-06-2006, 11:26 AM   #42
Lagom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Both Ford and Holden have ESP standard on several local models.
Lagom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2006, 11:52 AM   #43
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
LOL, bit harsh with the ESP comment but even imported cars from other markets have the ESP option missing. So will other have it and is a great feature I can't really see ford going with it.
I think the only imported hot hatch without it is the Honda Integra Type S - and trust me... it needs it!

Old 10-06-2006, 01:46 PM   #44
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagom
Both Ford and Holden have ESP standard on several local models.
Holden has Had it on commodore since VZ, and Falcon has had ESP since BF (Exc FPV Models)

Both are the latest Bosch Version 8 ESP.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2006, 03:47 PM   #45
Lagom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
Holden has Had it on commodore since VZ, and Falcon has had ESP since BF (Exc FPV Models)

Both are the latest Bosch Version 8 ESP.
Territory has had it since SX too, beating Holden's VZ by a few months
Lagom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2006, 10:33 AM   #46
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Me Want Now