Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 07-06-2006, 10:49 AM   #1
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Help...what wheel size on WQ Zetec

Can anyone tell me of the top of their head what size the standard 7 Spoke alloys are that come on the WQ Zetec, I was talking to a guy in a tyre shop just before on the phone and he asked what size the wheels are that are currently on the car, I know of course that they are 16" wheels but what is the width size, are they 16"x5.5" or 16"x6" etc, I could of course just get one of the wheels off the car and check out the size stamp which is usually on the inside of the wheel but I am currently at work and dont have the time either today or tonight, I want to give this guy a call back today, I'm looking at going for new 17" wheels and want to get either 205's or even 215's on the new rims, think I'll probably need to go 7" wide for the new wheels, the current tyres on the standard rims are of course 195/45R16,..... any ideas?

robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2006, 11:06 AM   #2
Forg
Starter Motor

Hmm, spec sheet only says they're only 195mm tyres on the Zetec & is completely useless for rim width, but given the 195-ness I'd doubt the rims were 6.5". They'll be 6". If you go with 7" rims, 215's should be fine, although if the factory tyres are a 45-series you're talking some pretty low-profile rubber if you +1 ...
Forg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2006, 11:13 AM   #3
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

My fitmemt guide tells me that they're 16x6.5.
17x7 will be your best option, and I'd run 205/40R17's, theres more choice when it comes to tyres, not many 215/35R17's on the market.
What wheels are you looking at getting?

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2006, 09:18 PM   #4
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

I'm running the same size wheel and tyre combo as Scareybear here with no clearance issues. I'm led to believe that wider or lower profile tyres become increasingly difficult/more expensive though.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:14 PM   #5
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

The Fiesta Zetec 16 inch rim is 16x6.5... And come standard with 195/45R16s. I however had 205/45R16s fitted to my Fiesta before selling it, and they were GREAT for handling! Had no problems fitting them either....

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post