Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 08-05-2006, 02:07 PM   #1
Mr Cube
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Value my plates

Well they are not my plates rather the plates on my father-in-laws ute.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=45883

Living in NSW how much would you pay for "THEXR8"

A hard thing to value plates as I have seen STUD for sale once for $15,000. Obvisously Mr Wayne Kerr owned those plates and another Wayne Kerr would pay for them. But these plates are pretty unique.

AUI VCT:
To date - Big brake upgrade, Koni and Kings all round, 2.5 cat back ready for replacing, 19" again ready for replacing.

Planned - Too much now I got the baby back.
Mr Cube is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2006, 02:17 PM   #2
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

I dunno mate?? I think you are sitting on a gold mine there..

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2006, 02:20 PM   #3
superroo
You can't stop the signal

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 

I reckon a couple of grand to the right people
superroo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2006, 02:37 PM   #4
BJ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Cube

A hard thing to value plates as I have seen STUD for sale once for $15,000. Obviously Mr Wayne Kerr owned those plates and another Wayne Kerr would pay for them. But these plates are pretty unique.
What make you any different to the other bloke??
BJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2006, 02:57 PM   #5
Mr Cube
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ
What make you any different to the other bloke??
You meaning having the personalised plates? or being able to ask that figure?

AUI VCT:
To date - Big brake upgrade, Koni and Kings all round, 2.5 cat back ready for replacing, 19" again ready for replacing.

Old 08-05-2006, 03:59 PM   #6
BJMXR

i reckon $2000 someone would pay. I like em, but NEVER would i spend over a grand on any plate... but thats just me.

I believe the plate '1' in Victoria is worth over 1 million dollars... bugger that.... but hey.
Lowered on King SL & SSL
KONI "Yellows" Fully Adjustable Shocks
2.5in Stainless Herrods Cat back
Black Leather Interior
BJMXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2006, 04:19 PM   #7
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

They are worth whatever someone will pay....

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2006, 04:23 PM   #8
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3 chaser
They are worth whatever someone will pay....
I have to agree with this.. You can put whatever asking price on them but if you seriously want to sell them, then you may not get whatever it is you hoped.

I would think anything over $2000.. but I personally wouldn't be expecting much more (that also kind of depends how much they would cost to buy now if they were available).
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2006, 04:31 PM   #9
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

One Thousand Dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2006, 04:38 PM   #10
BJMXR

I've changed my mind... $2.3 million
Lowered on King SL & SSL
Black Leather Interior
Old 08-05-2006, 04:56 PM   #11
Mr Cube
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery
I have to agree with this.. You can put whatever asking price on them but if you seriously want to sell them, then you may not get whatever it is you hoped.

I would think anything over $2000.. but I personally wouldn't be expecting much more (that also kind of depends how much they would cost to buy now if they were available).
yeah I was thinking around that. Someone from my club rang up and enquired about them and my sister-in-law told him she wanted $5000

I was thinking about the $2000 - $3000 mark, or factor it into the price of the car...

In NSW it costs about $330 a year to keep the plates.

I rekon the best place would be to load to eBay or the Sydney Trading Post and see what happens.

AUI VCT:

Old 08-05-2006, 05:13 PM   #12
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah the best would be that.. (trading post and ebay).. but with ebay put a reserve so that they dont go under priced...

I don't know if 5grand is over priced, but really if someone seriously wants them, they will pay it..

You pay yearly to keep the plates??? Wow, didn't realise that..
I know that in QLD plates with 6 letters are worth around 2 grand new..
Old 08-05-2006, 05:30 PM   #13
BJMXR

Thats a crazy price in Qld. In VIC its $400 for 5 or 6 didgit plates, $500 for 4 didgit $600 for 3 didgit, then once you own the plates it's exactly the same price as a normal number plate each year. Stuff paying $2000 for a new plate!
Lowered on King SL & SSL
Black Leather Interior

Last edited by BJMXR; 08-05-2006 at 05:52 PM.
Old 08-05-2006, 05:38 PM   #14
ten[A]cio[U]s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well there was a thread a while ago about a guy on ebay that was selling a "mystery box" that seemed ok but people were paying shiet loads for it. all you have to do is find the right buyer and i think you will be very happy.

Future fun: 1968 Ford Galaxie 500

ten[A]cio[U]s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2006, 10:11 PM   #15
Mr Cube
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah thats it.. Im not going to put too much effort into selling em cause the in-laws are giving me the .... at the moment.. More out of interest really..

AUI VCT:

Old 09-05-2006, 12:02 AM   #16
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Well , i'de say that because i have an XR6 , those plates on my car wouldn't be worth more than about $1 to me ..lol , - seriouslly though - to an xr8 owner they could fetch a fair bit ! .

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2006, 12:21 AM   #17
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

http://www.rego.act.gov.au/assets/PD...es%20Flyer.pdf

Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
Old 09-05-2006, 01:05 AM   #18
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You pay yearly to keep the plates??? Wow, didn't realise that..
I know that in QLD plates with 6 letters are worth around 2 grand new..
It's actually $430 a year for that style of plate.I just got XRR 260 for mine and thats $90 a year. Good old NSW government they'll be charging us to breathe soon.
The G6ET Spot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2006, 01:28 AM   #19
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

They will, as soon as you start emiting more then 50% carbon dioxide - lol - smokers won't be complient with the new emission laws - lol - jk

Old 09-05-2006, 09:16 AM   #20
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPID XR8
It's actually $430 a year for that style of plate.I just got XRR 260 for mine and thats $90 a year. Good old NSW government they'll be charging us to breathe soon.
For my plate which was a Themed Plate (V8 Supercars / FORD), which you can't actually get now apparently, with 3 letters and 2 numbers cost $495 full stop..
The plates are mine to do with what I want... I didn't have to put them on a car, I could have stuck them on a wall..

We may pay a bit more for a plate initially but we don't pay another cent for them again...

I am so shocked that you have to pay yearly for plates.. that is just crazy...
wow
Old 09-05-2006, 04:55 PM   #21
mr_xr8
Capri GT/TS50/GTR

well about 1.5 years ago i was at a car wash and a guy wanted to buy my plates his offer got 5g but i wont sell my plates but thats just me. note my plates are very close to yours. so it just depends if you can find some who likes them as much as you
mr_xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2006, 05:54 PM   #22
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
For my plate which was a Themed Plate (V8 Supercars / FORD), which you can't actually get now apparently, with 3 letters and 2 numbers cost $495 full stop..
The plates are mine to do with what I want... I didn't have to put them on a car, I could have stuck them on a wall..

We may pay a bit more for a plate initially but we don't pay another cent for them again...

I am so shocked that you have to pay yearly for plates.. that is just crazy...
wow
It's only been the last 18 months or so that wev'e had to pay a yearly fee,when I had my XF I had personalised plates and it was a one of fee of $27 but that was 5years ago. The government has spent all the money down here so they have to get it fron somewhere I suppose.Just one of the joys of living here I guess. hehehehe
The G6ET Spot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2006, 05:57 PM   #23
2002auxr6
Drunk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Cube

A hard thing to value plates as I have seen STUD for sale once for $15,000. Obvisously Mr Wayne Kerr owned those plates and another Wayne Kerr would pay for them. But these plates are pretty unique.

Id say $1.85 :
2002auxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post