Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > The Sales Yard > Wanted Car bits and other general items

Wanted Car bits and other general items If you want it and it's not in the For Sale section, post it here

Old 24-06-2024, 04:52 AM   #1
Quikie
Starter Motor

Default Fpv Gs Ute bits for UK buyer

Hi folks,

I thought I'd start this thread rather than asking every person if they are willing to ship to the UK.

I have recently purchased a 2011 FPV Gs Ute and I have had a bit of an incident with my door mirror with one of the locals (most of our roads are quite narrow)
I need the glass for the drivers side, wouldn't even mind buying a couple as it's not an uncommon occurrence sadly. Is there anyone on here who parts out vehicles and is willing to ship to the UK? I do have other items I would like to get as time goes along and I get more familiar with the truck and what it wants. Sadly 99% of parts are unobtainable over here and the original part numbers don't mean anything to Ford UK.

Any and all help appreciated.

Many thanks
Paul
Quikie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2024, 10:33 AM   #2
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Default Re: Fpv Gs Ute bits for UK buyer

Does ebay ship these to the uk?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/23323314...Bk9SR4yIhfeIZA
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2024, 10:49 AM   #3
Quikie
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Cranium View Post
Sadly not 😔
Old 24-06-2024, 12:27 PM   #4
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

If you have all the rest of the housing and just need the actual glass, any glass place can cut you a mirror to suit, our windscreen guy here even cuts them.

Worth a try

Even look for the actual glass alone on AUS eBay, I know they sell them
https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_...at=0&_udhi=209
prktkljokr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2024, 06:04 PM   #5
simon varley
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Bringing sanity to the Everest threads. 

dude, if you can afford to insure that in the UK, you can afford to fly here and pick parts up
simon varley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2024, 07:07 PM   #6
Quikie
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by prktkljokr View Post
If you have all the rest of the housing and just need the actual glass, any glass place can cut you a mirror to suit, our windscreen guy here even cuts them.

Worth a try

Even look for the actual glass alone on AUS eBay, I know they sell them
https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_...at=0&_udhi=209
Iv looked ar this and cutting is a possibility but I'm a bit of a weirdo and like genuine stuff 🙈

Thanks for the ebay link, I did do a search but didn't come up with anything but your link has provided a couple that look suitable
Old 24-06-2024, 07:10 PM   #7
Quikie
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon varley View Post
dude, if you can afford to insure that in the UK, you can afford to fly here and pick parts up
Fortunately for me I have a trade insurance policy with my bodshop which covers me to drive anything- minus a steam traction engine 😂

I absolutely love the thing though! Bravo Austraila
3 users like this post:
Old 24-06-2024, 08:19 PM   #8
Jastel
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has much experience with taxis and always jumps on here to explain things simply and help out the new guys in B-series and Contemporary... 

I have a shed load of parts from 30 years of FG Taxis, nothing is brand new but they are useable...most is going to the dump as I'm not getting very much interest on what I've got for sale...again freight is the problem as I live thousands of kms away from the big cities.

A bumper bar costs $300, freight to me is $500?? I drove my ute to the capital and bought 4...still saved myself $800 freight after a $1200 fuel bill.

Actually from experience I know drivers smash 3 right hand mirrors to 1 left hand one. I might be out of RHS ones...havent dug into that pile yet.

No plans to go to UK until next year...if you can wait that long.
Jastel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2024, 08:47 PM   #9
Quikie
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jastel View Post
I have a shed load of parts from 30 years of FG Taxis, nothing is brand new but they are useable...most is going to the dump as I'm not getting very much interest on what I've got for sale...again freight is the problem as I live thousands of kms away from the big cities.

A bumper bar costs $300, freight to me is $500?? I drove my ute to the capital and bought 4...still saved myself $800 freight after a $1200 fuel bill.

Actually from experience I know drivers smash 3 right hand mirrors to 1 left hand one. I might be out of RHS ones...havent dug into that pile yet.

No plans to go to UK until next year...if you can wait that long.
Please do dig and I'm curious to know what else you can fit in your bag 🤣 I definitely won't be selling this any time soon.

Unfortunatley it happens way too often on our road as we live in a village and there are lots of what are known as pinch points where manners and courtesy usually take place- the odd one operates on the feck you move out or my way attitude 🙄
Old 24-06-2024, 09:55 PM   #10
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

what's the reaction to it over there?
Old 24-06-2024, 11:08 PM   #11
Quikie
Starter Motor

Quote:
what's the reaction to it over there?
It comes with alot of questions after admiration. 2 of which are; what actually is it & where are you going to get parts for it.
I also have an R35 Gtr and I dare say if this thing could get the power down better it would definitely be an interesting race. It's sounds like a bloody drag car 😂
Old 25-06-2024, 08:43 PM   #12
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Hi Paul,

I am more than happy to source a mirror for you and send to the UK, no problem. The new mirror glass is around $70 AUD. I dont know how much it would be to post to the UK, but guessing around $20 AUD.

If there is anything else you need, let me know,best to get what you need in one hit to save on the freight.

Let me know if you would like me to do fo you.

GT
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 26-06-2024, 08:28 PM   #13
Quikie
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
Hi Paul,

I am more than happy to source a mirror for you and send to the UK, no problem. The new mirror glass is around $70 AUD. I dont know how much it would be to post to the UK, but guessing around $20 AUD.

If there is anything else you need, let me know,best to get what you need in one hit to save on the freight.

Let me know if you would like me to do fo you.

GT
Hey GT,

That's a superb offer and I really appreciate it, thankyou!
I have however just managed to find a company who are sending me one through Ebay and for what I consider fair money, it is aftermarket though but at $200 delivered I couldn't really say no.

I will definitely take you up on that offer at some point though if it still stands down the line as I do want to have a little stock of parts on the shelf.

Crossing over part numbers with my local motor factors is a bit of fun to say the least ��
So far I have managed to find the belts and filter easily enough but no doubt there will be some challenges ahead.

It has a full Harrop brake upgrade including calipers around so I'm guessing that's going to be a struggle to find discs and pads for over here.

I will get some pictures and the spec list of it uploaded in the appropriate area of the Forum when time allows. Would love to be able to find it's Australian history if such a thing exists.

Last edited by Quikie; 26-06-2024 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Saying the same thing twice
Old 26-06-2024, 10:29 PM   #14
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Just thinking. I’m 99% sure the fg mirror is the housing of a xf jag.
Old 26-06-2024, 11:11 PM   #15
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

No worries yell out anytime..

Pass on the VIN and we can see if we can get some history for you - what exactly were you after?
Old 26-06-2024, 11:38 PM   #16
Quikie
Starter Motor

Quote:
Just thinking. I’m 99% sure the fg mirror is the housing of a xf jag.
This would be so funny if that's the case as... I OWN ONE 😆 albeit a sportbrake but I'm sure the mirrors are the same. I will have a look at this when I get home tonight and give an answer to this 😎
Old 26-06-2024, 11:40 PM   #17
Quikie
Starter Motor

Quote:
No worries yell out anytime..

Pass on the VIN and we can see if we can get some history for you - what exactly were you after?
😁😁

To be honest mate, anything at all. The basics would have been good but I'm not sure if that would be obtainable. Previous amount of owners, who the mad case was that spend all the money on it 😆 possibly the build spec we hear about FPV holding on to for ever and ever.. I did ask Ford Australia by email but I haven't had a response to that or any other questions unfortunately.
Old 26-06-2024, 11:43 PM   #18
Quikie
Starter Motor

6fpaaajgcmbk25216 👍👍
Old 26-06-2024, 11:45 PM   #19
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quikie View Post
😁😁

To be honest mate, anything at all. The basics would have been good but I'm not sure if that would be obtainable. Previous amount of owners, who the mad case was that spend all the money on it 😆 possibly the build spec we hear about FPV holding on to for ever and ever.. I did ask Ford Australia by email but I haven't had a response to that or any other questions unfortunately.
Can get some of that like build spec & original selling dealer..
Old Yesterday, 08:01 AM   #20
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
😁😁

Those letters from Ford arent really worth much, FPV maybe a tad better. They also dont really care much for the falcon now sadly.

Any pics of you GS?
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old Yesterday, 08:35 AM   #21
Quikie
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83 View Post
Those letters from Ford arent really worth much, FPV maybe a tad better. They also dont really care much for the falcon now sadly.

Any pics of you GS?
That's a bit sad to hear.

Old Yesterday, 08:46 AM   #22
Quikie
Starter Motor

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GCO...w?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GDf...w?usp=drivesdk
Old Yesterday, 08:48 AM   #23
Quikie
Starter Motor

I have tried to add the pictures in with the image insert button but no luck.

Here is link to dyno read out, anyone used these guys before ?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GMp...w?usp=drivesdk

Last edited by Quikie; Yesterday at 08:51 AM. Reason: Error uploading photos
Old Yesterday, 09:26 AM   #24
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
6fpaaajgcmbk25216 ����
Built 17/2/2011

Sold by Metro Ford in Brisbane 12/7/2011

MY10 FG 1.5 Falcon GS Ute

5.0 V8

6 Speed (now interesting one form of data says its auto the other manual) I believe from what I can gather its manual?

Paint: Another interesting issue is one says Winter White the other Silhouette I believe its black Silhouette?

Shadow Interior

Build Number 182

Options:

4S = Stripes

46 = Need to confirm.

54 = Need to confirm.

Thats about all I have..
Old Yesterday, 03:35 PM   #25
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
I have tried to add the pictures in with the image insert button but no luck.

Here is link to dyno read out, anyone used these guys before ?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GMp...w?usp=drivesdk
Elite Automotive are a decently large, well-known workshop just south of Brisbane

www.eliteauto.com.au
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old Yesterday, 08:30 PM   #26
Quikie
Starter Motor

Quote:
Built 17/2/2011

Sold by Metro Ford in Brisbane 12/7/2011

MY10 FG 1.5 Falcon GS Ute

5.0 V8

6 Speed (now interesting one form of data says its auto the other manual) I believe from what I can gather its manual?

Paint: Another interesting issue is one says Winter White the other Silhouette I believe its black Silhouette?

Shadow Interior

Build Number 182

Options:

4S = Stripes

46 = Need to confirm.

54 = Need to confirm.

Thats about all I have..
This is great, thanks ! I'm assuming the stripes are the ones that would have went down the lower side of the doors and into the rear tub? Wonder what the other options were 🤔

She is indeed Black and a 6speed Manual
What is the relevance of the 1.5 in the vehicle description ?
Old Yesterday, 08:32 PM   #27
Quikie
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k View Post
Elite Automotive are a decently large, well-known workshop just south of Brisbane

www.eliteauto.com.au
A bit of a bonus was finding the SCT flasher in the centre console after I picked it up - I hadn't even driven the thing before hand and was pleasantly surprised when I gave it a little toot of the foot
Old Yesterday, 08:42 PM   #28
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
This is great, thanks ! I'm assuming the stripes are the ones that would have went down the lower side of the doors and into the rear tub? Wonder what the other options were 🤔

During FG1 they brought out a mid cycle change just before FG2 in 2011, so your falls in between so FG1.5. Its when they brought out LPi and 5.0 in to the FG range.

Yes stripes on lower door and rear 1/4.
2 users like this post:
Old Yesterday, 09:08 PM   #29
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Option Code 46: Dual Zone Climate Control

Option 54: Premium Sound.
Old Yesterday, 09:21 PM   #30
Quikie
Starter Motor

Quote:
Option Code 46: Dual Zone Climate Control

Option 54: Premium Sound.
It's got both 😎

Do you do the nightshifts or what time zone are you in ? It's currently 1130am here in the UK