Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 24-04-2006, 03:40 PM   #31
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepower
Well done Ratter, the big red pursuit that keeps getting quicker.

12.23@112.5 full weight car at heathcote today.

Car went like a trooper all day, 60's in the 1.84-1.89 range, and ran several 30's and ran into the 114 mph bracket, ran 112's like they were on sale.

Good on you Mick, Pitlane Automotive and APS Frankston for another fine achievement.

P.S - mind telling us about the "x" pipe mick? lol
QUAD CAM V8-The ULTIMATE FORD PERFORMER. : :
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
HEMI POWER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 03:45 PM   #32
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Thumbs up Times

Well done Ratter, it just keeps on getting better.
Old 24-04-2006, 03:46 PM   #33
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Talking 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowride260
:sm_headba
:sm_headba.....
Old 24-04-2006, 06:38 PM   #34
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Well done Ratter lt's good to see you finally bit the bullet...LOL
X ORSMXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 11:36 PM   #35
baboon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: went to the trouble of posting up some great Vids of the AFF drag meet 

Well done ratter very nice work. Boy this is exciting seeing the BOSS engine getting faster times as people play with them... It seems as though xr6 turbos took all the attention away from the xr8 and has made the xr8 somewhat a "sleeper" car. Cant wait till we see more modified boss 8's at the drags.

Oh by the way has the boss got into lows 13s, high 12s with standard diff gears??? Interested to know...
baboon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2006, 12:25 AM   #36
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboon
Well done ratter very nice work. Boy this is exciting seeing the BOSS engine getting faster times as people play with them... It seems as though xr6 turbos took all the attention away from the xr8 and has made the xr8 somewhat a "sleeper" car. Cant wait till we see more modified boss 8's at the drags.

Oh by the way has the boss got into lows 13s, high 12s with standard diff gears??? Interested to know...
Standard Diff gears and a manual gearbox, ORSMXR ET:13.1

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2006, 12:46 AM   #37
baboon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: went to the trouble of posting up some great Vids of the AFF drag meet 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
Standard Diff gears and a manual gearbox, ORSMXR ET:13.1
Oh yeah very nice. If its the car Im thinking of its the black xr8 boss 260 with the mad quad pipped exhaust and a bob tail. That car looks a treat! What else is done to it? edit? cats? extractors? very nice time too 13.1 nice car to own at the moment.
baboon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2006, 08:52 AM   #38
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

XR8888 went 13.02 @108 std gears with a stick shift
Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2006, 08:54 AM   #39
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboon

DABOSS- BOSS290 GT sedan std diff gears,std stall,4sp auto 12.91@110
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2006, 10:44 AM   #40
XWildGT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter
Thanks guys

Thanks Chris for all the helpful advice
The car was run as driven on the street (nearly a 400 klm round trip to the track and back), except for drag radials on steel rims on the rear (yes spoolman, same as the LS1 nationals) also minus hardcover and spare wheel, I weighed the car as it is a few weeks back and it was 1820 kg
No need to even run any octane aditives, just BP Ultimate as Chris has tuned it how I want to be able to drive it on the street.

The exhaust is difillipo extractors and high flow cats and the rest of the system is an off the shelf X'force system, but I remade the front Y section to my own likings.

The best it ran was 12.23 @112.42 mph, but itslo ran a 114.68 mph and a few 113 mph.

I also ran a 12.44 with the air con :
ratter good times what is it like to drive around town you do leave the car setup the same as on the track
XWildGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2006, 06:02 PM   #41
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

The car is raced exactly as it is driven, except for the rear tyres and hardcover and spare removal.

The convertor that is in it at the momment is a little bigger than I would normally like to use everyday, but it is still great to drive, although accelerating in first gear now produces heaps of tyre smoke. :

The only reason I would use a smaller convertor normally is because this car is and was allways meant to be my everyday car, to take on holidays, pick up parts etc etc. I allready have my hotty car to play with which has a big convertor etc, the pursuit was meant to be towing this car around, that's why I would like a smaller convertor.

I've just come in from a 200 klm round trip and the avg fuel used is 11.5l/100 klms which I think is pretty good for low 12 sec car.

The car could be made to go quicker with a bigger convertor, but it's road manners would start to suffer and at the end of the day, I played with this car to show what my workshop is capable of and still keep it nice to drive.

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2006, 12:09 PM   #42
Mach1Marauder
Slushin down da 1/4!

Killer times for a full weight car!!!!!!

TorchRed 2003 MACH1 (Louise)
DYNAMIC C-4, trans-brake and big stall
Louise is NOT a "Trailer Queen"!
She's a "Track Whore"!!!!!!
11.697@115.25 mph
The Quickest N/A Stock LongBlock MACH1 Mustang in the USA........with a stock tranny
:evil3:
.......pretty dang quick on the funny stuff too 1/4 mile 11.021@118.71 6.885@97.20 1.444 60 ft :
Mach1Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2006, 12:34 AM   #43
CAMS290
trying to get a leg over
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder
Killer times for a full weight car!!!!!!
You are not wrong !!
Some of these cars are running at 4300 pounds race weight, pretty impressive !
Old 28-04-2006, 12:49 AM   #44
Mach1Marauder
Slushin down da 1/4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMS290
You are not wrong !!
Some of these cars are running at 4300 pounds race weight, pretty impressive !
JEEEEEEEZ! And I thought Cobras were piggy!
Do you guys have tuning packages available to individual racers or everyday Joe where they can tune their own cars?

11.697@115.25 mph
The Quickest N/A Stock LongBlock MACH1 Mustang in the USA........with a stock tranny
.......pretty dang quick on the funny stuff too 1/4 mile 11.021@118.71 6.885@97.20 1.444 60 ft :
Old 28-04-2006, 01:19 AM   #45
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder
JEEEEEEEZ! And I thought Cobras were piggy!
Do you guys have tuning packages available to individual racers or everyday Joe where they can tune their own cars?
No not yet, but i have read Capa are doing a home tuning kit so poeple can play with there own tunes, should be ready shortly.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2006, 02:25 AM   #46
Mach1Marauder
Slushin down da 1/4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
No not yet, but i have read Capa are doing a home tuning kit so poeple can play with there own tunes, should be ready shortly.
D@MN that sucks that it's taken so long! I've had a SCT Pro Racer Package for over 2 1/4 years! Hopefully yours will be as good. I have FULL control over EVERYTHING the computer controls.
http://www.sctflash.com/product_racer.php

11.697@115.25 mph