Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-07-2021, 01:28 PM   #1
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: 2022 Ranger and Everest ideas from CarExpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesper Martini View Post
Don't blame it on being a diesel. the Euro companies seem to be able to make a 3.0D with a lot more more power and efficiency.

at least that 3.2 sounded better than a lot of the 4pot massy Ferguson sounds other brands sell. but its performance and economy are woeful for a 3.2

If the Everest/ranger gets the 600NM V6 diesel it will be a whole different driving experience
Because the whole segment offers lame noisy ****boxes, there's no incentive to offer something better as everyone offers wheezy diesel engines. There's no competition there, people still buy them in droves without needing that drive for initiative and improvement like other segments, that's why they still have drum brakes too.

Note that the USDM Ranger has rear discs, why could that be?

Look at diesel engines in passenger vehicles and look at the same capacities in the Thailand Specials - the Thailand Specials are junk in comparison to the diesel engines on offer in Mercedes/BMW passenger vehicle platforms.

I guess the Thailand Specials have a 10 year lifecycle too as per the norm with LCVs.

The 3.2L I5 Is as old as the hills, didn't it live in the Euro Transit before being offered in PX Ranger?
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 19-07-2021, 02:56 PM   #2
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Because the whole segment offers lame noisy ****boxes, there's no incentive to offer something better as everyone offers wheezy diesel engines. There's no competition there, people still buy them in droves without needing that drive for initiative and improvement like other segments, that's why they still have drum brakes too.

Look at diesel engines in passenger vehicles and look at the same capacities in the Thailand Specials - the Thailand Specials are junk in comparison to the diesel engines on offer in Mercedes/BMW passenger vehicle platforms.

I guess the Thailand Specials have a 10 year lifecycle too as per the norm with LCVs.

The 3.2L I5 Is as old as the hills, didn't it live in the Euro Transit before being offered in PX Ranger?
well hopefully the new diesel brings it up to spec. though once again we are getting it too late its been available for years in the f150 now its dropped?

anyone concerned about having such a powerful diesel, see specs and they actually offer better economy.
land rover/ Jag have one producing 700NM
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2021, 03:55 PM   #3
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post

The rear drum thing is due to Thailand tax concessions. Same with leaf springs.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2021, 04:20 PM   #4
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR Martin View Post
The rear drum thing is due to Thailand tax concessions. Same with leaf springs.
Leaf springs are because of towing and load capacity.

They gave nothing to do with Tax incentives.
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 19-07-2021, 08:37 PM   #5
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman1 View Post
Leaf springs are because of towing and load capacity.

They gave nothing to do with Tax incentives.
Since these utes are now default family vehicles, I'd like to see what percentage of owners actually tow or carry 1 tonne in the back.

I want a 4x4 ute again, I won't be buying one that has leaf suspension and drum brakes.
I don't need to tow 3000kgs or carry 1 tonne in the back, but I want a ute bed with a canopy.
Give me a comfy ride and good brakes.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post