Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-11-2020, 11:27 AM   #10
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: The Camping Thread

We loved the A'Van, we had NO issues with it all, was very happy with the build quality. We never had an A/C so can't comment.

The 'Adventure Pack' was not available when we bought ours, we would have bought it in a heart beat as most of our camping is in the bush.

We went with the 'infinity' gas hot water service, we had an external shower fitted at purchase (we bought new) and used one of those pup up shower tents on the side of the van - we could shower us, our kids, grandkids, pumping out of rivers and never ran out of hot water.

I modified the table to fold down when not in use, it gave more internal room. And was a feature when we sold it. I removed their fittings and added hinges and a removable leg.

I got a cabinet maker mate of mine to make a big drawer to fit under the bed, it pulled out over a metre on really strong drawer slides, we used that for storing our clothes, rather then lifting up the bed all the time

We had a solar panel added. We changed the interior lights that ran normal 12v globes to LED lights

The awnings are a bit of drama to put on, it is not something you do easily

In W.A.

When we owned an RTV

When it was for sale

The external shower
Trevor 57 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: