Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2020, 09:16 PM   #1291
oldel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

But but but...it's a labor government!

But yeah, things are always more sensible out here in the West. Less nanny state, less fines for everything, less bs, probably less corruption too.
E: As I mentioned earlier though they are cracking down on people leaving their town or the city, and on people leaving 'self' isolation. So we're being treated like adults that are just told to show some sense. Not getting the eastern states kill joy crackdown like they always do (see speeding fines, lock ins etc)
Old 08-04-2020, 10:26 PM   #1292
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Again, this is just the reality of the situation and driven by our desire for multiculturalism and giving those in need a chop out, this steady flow of immigration also helps prop up the property market so despite its challenges, it has its upsides..
I know I will upset a certain moderator, but this is not true. I have never, in my 56 years on this earth, heard anyone say, 'Gee, wish I had me some more of this here multi culturalism.' This is a top down globalist dictate, not anything that sprang from a grassroots movement.

Without saying in exact words, many posts on this thread have purposefully or inadvertently shown the lie inherent in, and the dangers posed to national security exposed by the myth of multiculturalism.

Given that it is not permissible to point out that the Emperor has no clothes, I will bid this post adieu...
6 users like this post:
Old 08-04-2020, 10:53 PM   #1293
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldel View Post
But but but...it's a labor government!
On the topic of politics it's pretty funny watching Murdoch's cronies back flip on stimulus packages.

3 users like this post:
Old 09-04-2020, 12:11 AM   #1294
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
We're in for a heatwave in Perth this coming weekend. We're allowed to go to the beach, the Premier and Police Commissioner has requested people stick to social distancing, go out and enjoy themselves. I guess we're a great deal smarter here in WA and don't require a dictatorship regime implementing communist policies to control the sheep.
WA have fully closed their border. WA is far less populated than the rest of Australia mate, that is a fact. Perth < 2m compared to Sydney > 5m alone is quite a difference though. A lot more dickheads out this way.
Old 09-04-2020, 01:06 AM   #1295
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

JobKeeper package has officially passed through Parliament. The largest single piece of government spending in our history, $130b. Better part of 3/4 of a million businesses registering already.
Old 09-04-2020, 02:49 AM   #1296
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
We're in for a heatwave in Perth this coming weekend. We're allowed to go to the beach, the Premier and Police Commissioner has requested people stick to social distancing, go out and enjoy themselves. I guess we're a great deal smarter here in WA and don't require a dictatorship regime implementing communist policies to control the sheep.
If the plague doesn’t get you, the Great Whites will!
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
2 users like this post:
Old 09-04-2020, 02:55 AM   #1297
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I can't remember if this or has not been posted but it is a gem. Stay farkena home! NSFW. Franco approves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGMQO5frsSk
This user likes this post:
Old 09-04-2020, 07:38 AM   #1298
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Digital Supercars are live at the moment at Philip Island!

https://10play.com.au/bp-supercars-a...tpv200407muzbi
It was better than the real deal, first turn at Monza turned into mayhem:

https://twitter.com/supercars/status...679763969?s=19

The next turn was even better when everyone stacked again because their cars were halal
4 users like this post:
Old 09-04-2020, 09:15 AM   #1299
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

I watched a bit of Monza and seriously, is it really that much different? It was not that bad.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
2 users like this post:
Old 09-04-2020, 09:20 AM   #1300
superyob
Banned

Quote:
It was better than the real deal, first turn at Monza turned into mayhem:

https://twitter.com/supercars/status...679763969?s=19

The next turn was even better when everyone stacked again because their cars were halal
Big D, are they racing pixels instead of real cars? Is that what I read in your posted link? Perhaps the Wallabies could win a digital Bledisloe Cup...
Old 09-04-2020, 10:13 AM   #1301
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Well I don’t know about Waste Trailer being smarter,because having nearly the highest number of Covid per population doesn’t give me an impression of super smartness
Old 09-04-2020, 11:00 AM   #1302
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

6 users like this post:
Old 09-04-2020, 11:08 AM   #1303
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
Big D, are they racing pixels instead of real cars? Is that what I read in your posted link? Perhaps the Wallabies could win a digital Bledisloe Cup...
Yup, it's a simulation series, it was good seeing the drivers taking risks as they don't have to answer to a team manager about why they bent their multiple of 6 figure car
3 users like this post:
Old 09-04-2020, 12:28 PM   #1304
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yup, it's a simulation series, it was good seeing the drivers taking risks as they don't have to answer to a team manager about why they bent their multiple of 6 figure car
That's not the only stimulation series that will need to be played out in digital pixels for the foreseeable future eh Franco....

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
2 users like this post:
Old 09-04-2020, 12:51 PM   #1305
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC View Post
Not really a problem at all if you look behind the scenes, teachers are coordinating the where some are allocated to in-class others online as a focus and both sets of teachers helping each other so it can and will be done in an organised way.

? Um I do not claim to be highly educated nor does anyone in our family believe we are better than the next person. My / Our thinking is we respect and are nice to all people regardless.

As far as English speaking? why are we playing that card? we are in an English speaking country where we should all speak English or learn to speak English.

Lastly? Smart or lucky again we claim to be no smarter than anyone else and last time I looked in the mirror nobody in our family relied on the fortitudes of luck.

We simple double down and work hard for everything as many do without the need to put others down in the process and or complain or use the "woe is me type attitude"

In these difficult times, people can choose to moan about their lot in life or they they can choose to change the future by focusing on the positives and doubling down during these times and by that come out the other side stronger.

I will add if people need help with speaking English that there are plenty of people who will help. If People need some positive direction and or clarity, there are also plenty of people who will help. People just need to seek out and ask.
I don't think you see the point of what I was getting at.

You mentioned your daughter is a teacher and you have an ability to make websites. Both jobs that require training and skill. This places you at an advantage.

Yes, we are an English speaking country - but not every student speaks English. Those that are used to more direct learning will nit have the ability to just sit in front of a terminal and teach themselves for the majority of the time.

You are lucky in the sense that you have free time to donate your services etc.

I'm not having a dig at you and my only concern is for the students that will essentially possibly lose a whole term of education because they don't have the same abilities and support network as others to self teach.

I'm just putting the point of view of the lowest common denominator in each class.

There is still debate about if students should or should not return to school next term?

Some schools have started their holidays a week early, others are open running classes with only a handful of students on the entire school.

This fragmented advice is not helping anyone.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
2 users like this post:
Old 09-04-2020, 12:59 PM   #1306
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
I dont know of anybody i know getting fined for unessential travel, but the police are cracking down on it. My apprentice got pulled up on his drive home yesterday arvo and asked to show his licence to prove his place of residence. It all lined up. He lives down in helensburg or woolengong or something, so why else be in work clothes to be on that stretch of highway. Yeah its a killjoy, but its proof the screws are clampening and we may have to just comply. The silly thing is why fine people who may be in financial hardship, but i guess if the make examples of enough people, people will be forced to comply.
And fair enough.

All reports are (and it has also been confirmed by NSW Police Comissioner Fuller) that those getting fines are acting purposely defiant to the laws and ignoring police instructions - like the mass parties advertised on social media, or the people being asked to move on several times only to just act smart and tell the cops to bugger off.

Hopefully they trawl social media for these people and try and catch up with them. In the States they are getting done for terrorism.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Old 09-04-2020, 01:28 PM   #1307
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
Well I don’t know about Waste Trailer being smarter,because having nearly the highest number of Covid per population doesn’t give me an impression of super smartness
That's an impressive distortion of statistics. Our community rate of spread probably the lowest in the country. NSW has the most demonstrably incompetent politicians and PS workers in the country, case in point, the cruise ship debacles.

I note a great number of Third Reich policies are being adopted by governments;

You need 'papers' to travel
Government shuts down private business
People encouraged to dob in their neighbours
Talk about mandating medical treatments

This is straight out of WW2 Nazi regime play book. What's next, Brown Shirts come and arrest people for not complying, throwing them in Gulags for re-education?

Good Lord, what has this country come to?
Old 09-04-2020, 01:34 PM   #1308
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Yes, we are an English speaking country - but not every student speaks English. Those that are used to more direct learning will nit have the ability to just sit in front of a terminal and teach themselves for the majority of the time..
I understand, If it is any help I know teachers are also working hard to include all people and that also includes those with limited English among many of the many obstacles they face.

Be heartened by the fact that we have many clever people working with clever tech to bridge the gaps where needed and in that the aim is to help everybody across the finish line.

With that is our job as parents and or supporters to also help out and together we can make miracles happen. We just need to believe.

A famous quote and saying from Disney is

" Its kind of fun to do the Impossible " we have this quote hanging in our main passage for all of us to understand we are only limited by our thinking.

Wishing you well moving forward.

Old 09-04-2020, 01:51 PM   #1309
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
That's an impressive distortion of statistics. Our community rate of spread probably the lowest in the country. NSW has the most demonstrably incompetent politicians and PS workers in the country, case in point, the cruise ship debacles.

This is straight out of WW2 Nazi regime play book. What's next, Brown Shirts come and arrest people for not complying, throwing them in Gulags for re-education?

I used the official numbers of reported cases of covid against the state populations.NSW was the highest at 1 case for every2960 people.Waste Trailer was1 in 5400,about the same as QLD VIC & Tas.So where am I distorting figures
Old 09-04-2020, 01:58 PM   #1310
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:

You know that if you don't like it, you can leave any time (well, after the COVID-19 issue is over) and move to a 'better' place.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
2 users like this post:
Old 09-04-2020, 02:08 PM   #1311
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Mate- that is a bit of overreach.

In NSW the Police have in my opinion been very good in policing the policies.

Case in point they allow learners to drive - as it is educational and you are allowed to drive to an educational facility. Common sense being implemented in NSW.

This is an incredibly serious crisis and the NSW Government and Police IMHO are doing a stellar job in terms of lockdown.

Only thing I would like to know is what is the end plan- wait for a vaccine in tight lockdown, or slow modulated releasing to spread Covid 19 in a controlled fashion to reach 60-70% of population having antibodies = herd immunity.

I was speaking to my brother who is a drug maker- legally- has a PHD and makes medical drugs and stabilisers, and he raised a horrific point- saying it is accepted that there will be a vaccine in 18 months. He said it is not certain we will achieve a vaccine?!?

He then said another policy would be to allow children and young and healthy back out to work/school, uni, in essence to allow them to be infected and become immune, while strong isolation is in place for elderly and vulnerable to protect them, and allow in a controlled way the spread of infection through the population able to meet it and get antibodies.

The idea to allow progressive controlled infection from most able to meet the disease and then upwards to achieve herd immunity of 60-70% immunity of the population.

At present the governments seem to be putting all eggs in the vaccine basket. What if in 2 years no vaccine.

Surely there should be a backup insurance plan put into effect now in the event the vaccine fails?

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
Old 09-04-2020, 02:13 PM   #1312
guzzis3
AU3 ute EL futura

Great, one person yells nazi and another yells if you don't like it leave. Don't either of those mandate the thread is closed ?

FWIW I've been against high levels of immigration and any level of multiculturalism my whole life, but then I'm a trendsetter, I've been self isolating for years....
3 users like this post:
Old 09-04-2020, 02:19 PM   #1313
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by asagaai View Post
Mate- that is a bit of overreach.

In NSW the Police have in my opinion been very good in policing the policies.

Case in point they allow learners to drive - as it is educational and you are allowed to drive to an educational facility. Common sense being implemented in NSW.

This is an incredibly serious crisis and the NSW Government and Police IMHO are doing a stellar job in terms of lockdown.

Only thing I would like to know is what is the end plan- wait for a vaccine in tight lockdown, or slow modulated releasing to spread Covid 19 in a controlled fashion to reach 60-70% of population having antibodies = herd immunity.

I was speaking to my brother who is a drug maker- legally- has a PHD and makes medical drugs and stabilisers, and he raised a horrific point- saying it is accepted that there will be a vaccine in 18 months. He said it is not certain we will achieve a vaccine?!?

He then said another policy would be to allow children and young and healthy back out to work/school, uni, in essence to allow them to be infected and become immune, while strong isolation is in place for elderly and vulnerable to protect them, and allow in a controlled way the spread of infection through the population able to meet it and get antibodies.

The idea to allow progressive controlled infection from most able to meet the disease and then upwards to achieve herd immunity of 60-70% immunity of the population.

At present the governments seem to be putting all eggs in the vaccine basket. What if in 2 years no vaccine.

Surely there should be a backup insurance plan put into effect now in the event the vaccine fails?
I spoke to my nephew who's a pharmacist in a Queensland hospital. He's completely pro-pharma, but his advice to me was keep up my prevention protocol, it will work better than a vaccine or pharma intervention. He's aware he can lose his job if he doesn't toe the official narrative i.e. only drugs and vaccines can deal with this man made panic demic.
Old 09-04-2020, 02:21 PM   #1314
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
You know that if you don't like it, you can leave any time (well, after the COVID-19 issue is over) and move to a 'better' place.
Not necessary. The government is 'asking', I'm letting them know I'm not consenting. Simple. I don't believe the fear porn man made panic demic. But then again, I'm neither a bed wetter or hypochondriac.
Old 09-04-2020, 03:02 PM   #1315
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzzis3 View Post
Great, one person yells nazi and another yells if you don't like it leave. Don't either of those mandate the thread is closed ?
I'm just surprised that it took 44 pages before Godwins law came into play.
Old 09-04-2020, 03:13 PM   #1316
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzzis3 View Post
FWIW I've been against high levels of immigration and any level of multiculturalism my whole life, but then I'm a trendsetter, I've been self isolating for years....
When you say high levels of immigration, what nationalities are you talking here?

Africans? Koreans? Lebanese? Vietnamese? Indians? Chinese?

Hmmm.., let's have a look at the top 10 'highest levels' of immigrants since 1901.

(https://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliam...tionStatistics)

Those bloody Poms! Coming over here taking our jobs, rootin' our women, etc, etc.

Or is it OK cause "they look like us"??

Last edited by Tickford.; 09-04-2020 at 03:20 PM.
Old 09-04-2020, 03:20 PM   #1317
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:

Yeah because the travel rates in WA are comparable to NSW and VIC? Naturally with more traffic and population you run more risk and need tighter controls.

Either side of this debate can twist stories all they like. At the end of the day the individual chooses to abide or not, if people are so concerned about their liberties then walk down the street in protest; that would brighten the news up actually.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
4 users like this post:
Old 09-04-2020, 04:31 PM   #1318
superyob
Banned

Quote:

I'd say Stalinist or Maoist policies. It's the communists who hate private business. Nazis were amateurs compared to the communists...
2 users like this post:
Old 09-04-2020, 05:41 PM   #1319
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
I know I will upset a certain moderator, but this is not true. I have never, in my 56 years on this earth, heard anyone say, 'Gee, wish I had me some more of this here multi culturalism.'
...forgot the sarcasm emoji there.
Old 09-04-2020, 05:50 PM   #1320
MercuryT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO FURTHER View Post
Nice Hungarian Vizslas.

I bought a Rhodesian Ridgeback but both beauties
Closed Thread