Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 25-03-2020, 09:32 PM   #631
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Scomo looking to make it illegal to profiteer on selling supplies overseas

https://twitter.com/KeiraSavage00/st...19973585215489
2 users like this post:
Old 25-03-2020, 09:44 PM   #632
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

that's from Twat er not national news channels ,
Old 25-03-2020, 09:48 PM   #633
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
that's from Twat er not national news channels ,
With a clip from Channel 9 with Scomo talking about restricting profiteering
This user likes this post:
Old 25-03-2020, 10:57 PM   #634
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

Breaking News...

Prince Charles tests positive for coronavirus, goes into isolation with wife Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/co...e-3c32338ffe34
Old 26-03-2020, 04:04 AM   #635
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

BB quoted my feeling/thoughts (as obviously opposite his)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher View Post
... this is all exaggerated etc. or say " what's the point, we're all going to get sick anyway",..

But as someone who thinks this, I still agree with his conclusion.

Even us skeptics, conspiracy theorists and fatalists should show our consideration to those at risk.
Old 26-03-2020, 04:05 AM   #636
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm getting tired of people sharing advice about Covid 19 like the claim about drinking warm water every 15 minutes or taking a deep breath and holding it.
The latest is the false claim that you can call a dedicated number and get a dr to check you out at home if you think you have symptoms
I've had two highly intelligent friends forward this type of stuff which is typically claimed to be advice from a nurse at some random hospital.
Stop doing it people!
Spreading misinformation is not helpful

Last edited by xxx000; 26-03-2020 at 04:11 AM.
7 users like this post:
Old 26-03-2020, 04:18 AM   #637
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO FURTHER View Post
Breaking News...

Prince Charles tests positive for coronavirus, goes into isolation with wife Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall.

Funny how a huge percentage of celebs have gone into isolation. He was besties with Saville and his brother was flying around with Epstein.
Old 26-03-2020, 05:41 AM   #638
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
Funny how a huge percentage of celebs have gone into isolation. He was besties with Saville and his brother was flying around with Epstein.
And???
So Guilty by association, means he “deserves” Coronavirus???

Seriously.... The number of dills on this site surfacing with crap, in the face of, probably, the most life-changing threat in our history, bloody astounds me!
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
7 users like this post:
Old 26-03-2020, 06:00 AM   #639
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Actually, I’m (sort-of) glad HRH apparently has it. He’ll receive good care and recover quickly.

If CV later drags down a number of the Royal Family at more-or-less the same time, he’ll be a steady hand on the wheel.
Old 26-03-2020, 06:26 AM   #640
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
And???

Seriously.... The number of dills
Speaking of numbers, do some research on how many priests have 'died' just in Italy alone.
Old 26-03-2020, 06:41 AM   #641
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I don't get why Safeway/Coles have tried to stop online orders, If I was our benevolent dictator at our supermarkets I would do the following:

Have 'oldies hour(s)' where you just open the shops for our elderly and their carers.

Then close the joint up and focus on pushing everyone to online/phone ordering, everyone pays CC over phone or via e-commerce systems.

Then all your existing staff can work on picking, packing and drivers delivering door to door without having to man registers or have the issues of emotionally charged customers all over the joint.

You could run the joint 24/7, you don't have to put so much effort into keeping stock on the shelves, the stores are responsible for deliveries to their regions.

You'd be more efficient at getting goods to customers that way and you aren't exposing your staff to COVID-19.

At work if you call me from Melbourne Metro, from the time of that phone call to 3 hours later you can have your order in your hands, I don't see why companies with the huge resources of Safeway/Coles can't do this.

By far the least efficient customers I deal with at work are ones who stand in my office in front of me, I can smash out tons of orders if people are emailing or using online ordering rather than coming into my office, I've got a warehouse team, a driver and many couriers and freight companies at my disposal.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 26-03-2020 at 06:58 AM.
5 users like this post:
Old 26-03-2020, 07:11 AM   #642
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
I don't get why Safeway/Coles have tried to stop online orders, If I was our benevolent dictator at our supermarkets I would do the following:

Have 'oldies hour(s)' where you just open the shops for our elderly and their carers.

Then close the joint up and focus on pushing everyone to online/phone ordering, everyone pays CC over phone or via e-commerce systems.

Then all your existing staff can work on picking, packing and drivers delivering door to door without having to man registers or have the issues of emotionally charged customers all over the joint.

You could run the joint 24/7, you don't have to put so much effort into keeping stock on the shelves, the stores are responsible for deliveries to their regions.

You'd be more efficient at getting goods to customers that way and you aren't exposing your staff to COVID-19.

At work if you call me from Melbourne Metro, from the time of that phone call to 3 hours later you can have your order in your hands, I don't see why companies with the huge resources of Safeway/Coles can't do this.

By far the least efficient customers I deal with at work are ones who stand in my office in front of me, I can smash out tons of orders if people are emailing or using online ordering rather than coming into my office, I've got a warehouse team, a driver and many couriers and freight companies at my disposal.
Delivery companies are already overloaded with work and the home delivery guys bring it into the homes. Hardly efficient
Old 26-03-2020, 07:47 AM   #643
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
Speaking of numbers, do some research on how many priests have 'died' just in Italy alone.
Your point being???
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Old 26-03-2020, 07:59 AM   #644
FairmontGS
WT WRC GT Line
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
Your point being???

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-52015969

Glad we got that sorted...
Old 26-03-2020, 08:19 AM   #645
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx000 View Post
Delivery companies are already overloaded with work and the home delivery guys bring it into the homes. Hardly efficient
So it's more efficient bringing everyone to the shopping center and into the shop front rather than then staying home and having goods delivered?

To quote Australia's finest lady - please explain?

Just quietly I know a million Australians, most who have cars and a driver's license who are looking for an income, fuel card, minimum wage and a partnership with a local workshop will solve this insurmountable challenge of 'delivery companies being overloaded'.
Old 26-03-2020, 08:21 AM   #646
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO FURTHER View Post
Breaking News...

Hmmmm, that's a double whammy for Chuckie.........
4 users like this post:
Old 26-03-2020, 08:23 AM   #647
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post

Covid 19 Keeping alter boys safe since 2019
4 users like this post:
Old 26-03-2020, 08:27 AM   #648
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post

God must need them in heaven, in the Catholic section of course, because of the rapid influx due to the virus.
2 users like this post:
Old 26-03-2020, 08:35 AM   #649
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Don't worry Cav the Pope has the Corona virus sorted. https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world...irus-away.html
The big fella just ordered 50 more staff members to help out in this time of need
Old 26-03-2020, 08:40 AM   #650
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

While they’re praying, can they slip in a quick request for bulk NOS Falcon parts?
4 users like this post:
Old 26-03-2020, 09:15 AM   #651
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx000 View Post
I'm getting tired of people sharing advice about Covid 19... I've had two highly intelligent friends forward this type of stuff which is typically claimed to be advice from a nurse at some random hospital.
Stop doing it people!
Spreading misinformation is not helpful
Or at least spread misinformation that will highlight the idiots in our midst. Urine as a highly effective hand/surface sanitiser, for example. Stock up before it’s all gone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie Wonder
There is micturition
Running on the wall...
Old 26-03-2020, 09:21 AM   #652
Sioso
irregular member

Can someone enlighten me as to why so many people are driving around with trailers?
They were everywhere yesterday but they all appeared to be empty.
Old 26-03-2020, 09:24 AM   #653
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Gas bottles, possibly. The “preppers” say minimum of three 9kg bottles and the suppliers might be enforcing the “not in cars” rule.

To speak generally and seriously, trailers usually seem to increase in desirability during a receding economy.
Old 26-03-2020, 09:34 AM   #654
Fed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why would America be upside down in the death Vs recovered outcomes?

Off the top of my head they are running at 2 deaths for every 1 recovery where everyone else seems to have way more recoveries than deaths.
Old 26-03-2020, 09:39 AM   #655
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed View Post
Why would America be upside down in the death Vs recovered outcomes?

Off the top of my head they are running at 2 deaths for every 1 recovery where everyone else seems to have way more recoveries than deaths.
Could be fake news media trying to make the pres look like an idiot. Again.
3 users like this post:
Old 26-03-2020, 10:47 AM   #656
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

No theft either, well not from the customers.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
Old 26-03-2020, 11:25 AM   #657
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

6 users like this post:
Old 26-03-2020, 11:33 AM   #658
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
So it's more efficient bringing everyone to the shopping center and into the shop front rather than then staying home and having goods delivered?

Just quietly I know a million Australians, most who have cars and a driver's license who are looking for an income, fuel card, minimum wage and a partnership with a local workshop will solve this insurmountable challenge of 'delivery companies being overloaded'.
Why cant you then just implement this order online option then and go down that path?
Old 26-03-2020, 11:35 AM   #659
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
While they’re praying, can they slip in a quick request for bulk NOS Falcon parts?
Are we expecting the next real-life version of Mad Max?
Old 26-03-2020, 11:43 AM   #660
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Yes
These people will mostly have cars. No refrigeration for frozen or chilled goods, and very very limited space.
Incredibly inefficient as they'd have to do countless trips back to the source.

The childish attitude towards one another on here is staggering. Grow up and speak like an adult
Closed Thread