Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 07-03-2006, 01:47 PM   #1
Autocade

Default Extractors for AU VCT ? (no jmm race series anymore)

Hello to all the AFF AU family

This being my virginal thread post on this great forum please be gentle on me.

After months of waiting for a new production run it appears the JMM race series are to be (unofficialy from what im told)no more.
So what to do now for extractors to suit the AU VCT I6?
My research so far has concluded that some can have negative results and are basically a compromise when compared to JMM race series.
With the fitment of a 2.5 Redback catback system gaining IMO no noticeable power increase at all do I even bother with anything else?
I know this has been covered before but the AU VCT appears to be very unresponsive to exhaust changes and these were the only ones with proven results on the VCT.

Please Help?
Thanks in advance
Autocade

:

Autocade is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2006, 03:12 PM   #2
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

Get some pacemakers they worked for me. Before and after dyno results in the gallery. Work on VCT too check the SA dealer website for a before and after on and XR6VCT ute
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2006, 03:24 PM   #3
Autocade

Thanks Jonbays
I'll check them out
Old 07-03-2006, 04:22 PM   #4
hambo_12

I HIGHLY recommend getting JMM streetfighter headers. I have a VCT, with them and the exact same cat-back exhaust as you, and cant rate them highly enough. I was told by Brendan (works for JMM) that race series wont be much different to the streefighters, and he was right, excellent power gains (not proven, just seat of the pants feel)...
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2006, 07:12 PM   #5
cArSiK
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hambo_12
I HIGHLY recommend getting JMM streetfighter headers. I have a VCT, with them and the exact same cat-back exhaust as you, and cant rate them highly enough. I was told by Brendan (works for JMM) that race series wont be much different to the streefighters, and he was right, excellent power gains (not proven, just seat of the pants feel)...
I too have streetfighters on my VCT. My car was Dynod @ 127 Rwkw with just extractors and exhaust. Stock VCTs are anywhere from 110-115 Rwkw so there are certainly some good gains to be had with the correct bits.

Having said that , PH4480's from pacemeker seem to have very similar results.

James
cArSiK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2006, 10:27 PM   #6
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Its now a choice between Pacemaker comps (similar to JMM Race headers) and JMM Streetfighters.
I'd get whatever is cheaper and easier to get hold of. Both will be very similar in performance.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2006, 10:24 AM   #7
Autocade

Looks like some more research required and a new choice to be made
I am even thinking possibly going Edit rather than Headers as it might be more bang for the buck
Thanks to all for your replies
Old 08-03-2006, 10:28 AM   #8
hambo_12

Headers will give the biggest gain (short of boost of major engine work), you will most likely be dissapointed going edit before headers, IMO, it should be the other way around...
Old 08-03-2006, 11:13 AM   #9
Autocade

I certainly wont be jumping into edit without thoroughly researching first but it is IMO worth looking into as an option.
It appears headers achieve some modest power gains but is it low down or more up the rev range where I reckon the VCT is not too bad anyway
I am trying to achieve more down low rather than cruising gains which might be achieved with edit alone
Old 08-03-2006, 05:47 PM   #10
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocade
I certainly wont be jumping into edit without thoroughly researching first but it is IMO worth looking into as an option.
It appears headers achieve some modest power gains but is it low down or more up the rev range where I reckon the VCT is not too bad anyway
I am trying to achieve more down low rather than cruising gains which might be achieved with edit alone
If you want email or PM me with your concerns. I have gone through all this with the VCT before and have found a "path" to follow that should see some interesting results

Ask around as well, youll probably get pointed to me in the end anyhow LOL.

Also, speak to Racecraft and JC, they have also has experiance that may be of help.

Old 08-03-2006, 06:00 PM   #11
cArSiK
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As Casper said there is a process that needs to be followed. I Followed Caspers 'Path' and couldnt be happier.....Casper why dont you start up your own VCT tunung House and make abit of money from your formula- 'Casper VCT Motorsport' :
cArSiK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2006, 06:03 PM   #12
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cArSiK
As Casper said there is a process that needs to be followed. I Followed Caspers 'Path' and couldnt be happier.....Casper why dont you start up your own VCT tunung House and make abit of money from your formula- 'Casper VCT Motorsport' :
nah... I got people who know 10000000000x more than me working on the car now :

Old 09-03-2006, 10:58 AM   #13
Autocade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
nah... I got people who know 10000000000x more than me working on the car now :
Thanks all for your replies
Casper is JMM your workshop?
Reason I ask is that I tried a set of their Autolite plugs out recently that were supposed to gain an instant 4kw and noticed no difference (IMO the stock denso iridiums feel better) consequently I am not convinced they are the right shop for my VCT now I cannot get their race series headers.
It appears you may be the one and only VCT guru
Old 09-03-2006, 11:08 AM   #14
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Thanks all for your replies
Casper is JMM your workshop?
Reason I ask is that I tried a set of their Autolite plugs out recently that were supposed to gain an instant 4kw and noticed no difference (IMO the stock denso iridiums feel better) consequently I am not convinced they are the right shop for my VCT now I cannot get their race series headers.
It appears you may be the one and only VCT guru
Casper and JMM had a falling out, I'll let Casper explain. It's probably rule 1 of business.

Try the Pacemaker PH4480 headers for your VCT, which happen to be the Comp headers for AU I6s. When I first got them on my ute (non VCT), I noticed it wanted to rev more, and breathed alot better than it used to. I'm sure it would have some big change in the VCT engine.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:12 AM   #15
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have used the Paccie comps and currently have the streetfighter headers on my Falcon and found the exhaust note to be slightly deeper on the streetfighters. Performance seemed to give a slight edge to the streetfighters.By the way mine is the VCT also.
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2006, 11:34 AM   #16
Gambit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Anyone have any recommendations for headers for a ba xr6?

I posted in another thread & had 2 replies for Hi-Tech headers & full system for around 2grand.
Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2006, 11:53 AM   #17
Autocade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddarby
I have used the Paccie comps and currently have the streetfighter headers on my Falcon and found the exhaust note to be slightly deeper on the streetfighters. Performance seemed to give a slight edge to the streetfighters.By the way mine is the VCT also.
ddarby
Was there a noticeable difference between Pacemaker & Streetfighter
Could you possibly quantify it for me?
Old 09-03-2006, 11:56 AM   #18
Autocade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambit

I posted in another thread & had 2 replies for Hi-Tech headers & full system for around 2grand.
Gambit
Sorry cannot help you with your enquiry but I am glad you posted here as I have really enjoyed looking at your Avatar
:
Old 09-03-2006, 11:57 AM   #19
G&D PERFORMANCE
G&D Performance Australia

Quote:
Hello to all the AFF AU family

This being my virginal thread post on this great forum please be gentle on me.

After months of waiting for a new production run it appears the JMM race series are to be (unofficialy from what im told)no more.
So what to do now for extractors to suit the AU VCT I6?
My research so far has concluded that some can have negative results and are basically a compromise when compared to JMM race series.
With the fitment of a 2.5 Redback catback system gaining IMO no noticeable power increase at all do I even bother with anything else?
I know this has been covered before but the AU VCT appears to be very unresponsive to exhaust changes and these were the only ones with proven results on the VCT.

Please Help?
Thanks in advance
Autocade

:
We highly recommend the Pacemaker competition series in 1 5/8 inch for the AU.Our testing has shown this header to be far superior over any other.

Glenn
G&D PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2006, 12:05 PM   #20
Autocade

Quote:
Originally Posted by G&D PERFORMANCE
We highly recommend the Pacemaker competition series in 1 5/8 inch for the AU.Our testing has shown this header to be far superior over any other.

Glenn
Did your testing include the AU VCT engine also?
Could you please send me information on the engine type I6 VCT etc and which Header brands you compared in your testing and the actual results
Old 09-03-2006, 12:14 PM   #21
G&D PERFORMANCE
G&D Performance Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambit

Just got word from Mike at pacemaker in S.A. that the New BA headers have just been released.We should have a set within the next 2 days.

We look forward to making some BIG power from the BA 6.Feel free to give us a call for a chat about our plans.

Glenn
G&D PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2006, 02:44 PM   #22
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Did your testing include the AU VCT engine also?
Could you please send me information on the engine type I6 VCT etc and which Header brands you compared in your testing and the actual results
I am now exclusively using G&D as they are by far the most advanced in the VCT area these days. JMM simply never kept up R&D on it and it show. G&D have moved so far ahead now that no one is close to them as far as the VCT goes.

Talk to Glenn or Matt at G&D. Just dont ring them Sat Morning.. I have work for them to do

Old 09-03-2006, 05:51 PM   #23
Autocade

Quote:
I am now exclusively using G&D as they are by far the most advanced in the VCT area these days. JMM simply never kept up R&D on it and it show. G&D have moved so far ahead now that no one is close to them as far as the VCT goes.

Talk to Glenn or Matt at G&D. Just dont ring them Sat Morning.. I have work for them to do
Thanks Casper I will contact them and PM you
Autocade
Old 09-03-2006, 06:00 PM   #24
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

Quote:
I know what I'm gonna do on Saturday now!
:Up_to_som
Mark351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2006, 04:49 PM   #25
Futura01
horsepower

Can anybody explain to me why motiviator headers havenot ever been mentioned as fitment to anybodys cars?
I had them fitted to my first xr6 eb with 2.5inch exhaust and the thing gained so much more power and torque
would they be the same on a auII ???
Futura01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2006, 04:56 PM   #26
hambo_12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futura01
Can anybody explain to me why motiviator headers havenot ever been mentioned as fitment to anybodys cars?
I had them fitted to my first xr6 eb with 2.5inch exhaust and the thing gained so much more power and torque
would they be the same on a auII ???
Most likely they would be good on AU's if they are for EB's, but VCT have proven to be a different kettle of fish. DO a search on VCT exhaust and you will see the arguments for and against various brands...

Personally though, ive never heard of motivator headers?? :nutsycuck