Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 29-01-2017, 08:56 PM   #1
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: AFF Weight Gain/Loss Program

Xylitol, like most polyols, tends to give people wind/diarrhoea in larger amounts... YMMV
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2017, 09:55 AM   #2
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Back in 2007 I had a lapband fitted., Initially lost a fair bit, and yes considerably slowed my eating. But as time went on I learnt to force food bast the band and blew out to 130Kg.

So now I have (Jan 21 2017) had the lapband removed and had a gastric bypass.

Am down to 118kg (7 kg since surgery)

I will keep you updated.

P.S. Last night was my first day off a liquid only diet and now on a puree diet for a week.

I had a small tin of Baked Beans for dinner.....More than enough to fill me up.

My wife had the same done in March 2016 and she is now flat out being able to eat 3 chicken nuggets before being full.
Old 05-02-2017, 03:04 PM   #3
xr8cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
Xylitol, like most polyols, tends to give people wind/diarrhoea in larger amounts... YMMV
My wife & I have both used Xylitol exclusively for over three years and have never had any issues changing from sugars to this. Xylitol is also w natural bacteria killer. It doesn't cause decay so each night after brushing, put a quarter of a teaspoon in your mouth & swish around. Neither of us have had any decay or dentist dramas since we started doing this. Both of us 'round 50yo, so teeth have seen some work & dramas here and there. Anyway, highly recommended because A: it works and B: it tastes great, just like sugar and you can cook with it and treat it just like sugar. Anybody who has looked into sugar knows it is a killer, literally, and not just for bigger people.
xr8cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2017, 03:15 PM   #4
XByoot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Forgive my ignorance but I'm keen to hear your opinions on my situation. I'm a tall slim build, 6'3" and weigh in at 93 kg. I maintain a fairly regular exercise regime in the gym working all muscle groups with the aim of maintaining good general fitness and perhaps make it to 95 plus kg with muscle mass and low body fat. The issue is I hit the wall some days about 45 mins through my workout, especially if it's a leg/ lower body day,now, if I have a sugar hit it gets me going and all is good,but hey it's not ideal. I usually work out later in the afternoon and always eat a good lunch about 4 hours before working out. I have one or two coffees a day. There are pre workout supplements which I assume are caffeine,energy drinks etc etc. just curious to hear anyone's thoughts on this?
XByoot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post