Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-08-2016, 10:40 PM   #1
luibagtp

Default ford HQ ?????

Hi Guys
I drove ford HQ the other day and saw bins and temporary fencing in front of the building. I know shutting down in October but I thought the building might still be used or will it be demolished because that's what it looks like?
luibagtp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2016, 10:47 PM   #2
Mad_Pom

Default Re: ford HQ ?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by luibagtp View Post
Hi Guys
I drove ford HQ the other day and saw bins and temporary fencing in front of the building. I know shutting down in October but I thought the building might still be used or will it be demolished because that's what it looks like?
That is now the engineering centre and it is being refurbished (more investment in the future). Head office for Ford of Australia is now in Richmond.
Old 24-08-2016, 09:15 PM   #3
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Spending big dollars to get it ready for the next 50 years.
mr smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2016, 09:31 PM   #4
wackyv8
wackyv8

http://www.caradvice.com.au/336886/f...dows-mid-2015/
maybe it is true

quote article -
Ford Australia is about to split the headquarters of its local operations, with its sales, marketing and service teams to move to the inner-Melbourne suburb of Richmond from mid-2015.

The new white collar HQ in Richmond will house about 200 staff. Located close to Melbourne’s CBD and associated amenities, Ford says the new base will bring obvious benefits to employee satisfaction. The current Broadmeadows site sits in an industrial region.

At the same time, Ford’s current Broadmeadows base in Melbourne’s outer north — which features its soon-to-close car plant — will be turned into a dedicated ‘product development campus’ occupied by its large research, development and design team.

As such, the company’s current head office will be refurbished to accommodate these different staffers. The established research and testing operations in Geelong, and at the proving ground in Lara, will continue uninterrupted.

All told, Ford will spend about $300 million on its Broadmeadows-based Asia-Pacific Engineering Centre this year, which serves as the hub of product development for the entire Asia Pacific region.

Last edited by wackyv8; 24-08-2016 at 09:32 PM. Reason: more info
wackyv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2016, 01:46 AM   #5
T-Pak Addict
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackyv8 View Post
Ford Australia is about to split the headquarters of its local operations, with its sales, marketing and service teams to move to the inner-Melbourne suburb of Richmond from mid-2015.
Sales, marketing and service.... So thats only like 3 people right?

The Old Daily.......2003 Octane BA Taxi Pak Egas Falcon Build Thread
T-Pak Addict is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post: