Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-03-2016, 12:41 PM   #31
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: myFord extended new car warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbvbvb088 View Post
I could only eat two minute noodles when I was trying to flog extended warranties on Toyota Camrys....

I had to sit through the paint protection/ window tint/ carpet+ fabric protection/ extended warranty spiel this week. I totally tuned out and let the poor girl say all her stuff- some of which verged on outright lies on the benefits. I then said "No thanks, I'm not interested in any of them." The whole time I was thinking I'd hate to have your job.

I have contacted her about the myFord warranty- which wasn't even mentioned. I'll post up the price once I find out.
murcod is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2016, 12:49 PM   #32
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by murcod View Post

I had to sit through the paint protection/ window tint/ carpet+ fabric protection/ extended warranty spiel this week. I totally tuned out and let the poor girl say all her stuff- some of which verged on outright lies on the benefits. I then said "No thanks, I'm not interested in any of them." The whole time I was thinking I'd hate to have your job.

I have contacted her about the myFord warranty- which wasn't even mentioned. I'll post up the price once I find out.
I've had one say to me "those aren't my eyes"
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 26-03-2016, 03:37 PM   #33
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nice!

She's taking her time getting back to me (so I figure there isn't much commission on the myFord warranty...)
Old 26-03-2016, 05:29 PM   #34
Brian_H

Quote:
Originally Posted by anto View Post
You won't be saying that when you have to fork out 8k for a trans failure like I just did.. I'd get it if your car is stock, well worth it
Anto, I'm weighing up the extended warranty currently for a new XRTS. Just like to ask a question about what you wrote: Your signature says you're getting 446RWKw's - that's pretty spectacular! You say also that if a car is stock then the wty is well worth taking. Questions: It appears the extra power may have caused your tranny claim? Am I thinking right here? If so, wouldn't a stock car need the warranty much less and a heavily modified thing outside design parameters be the one really in need of extra cover (but unable to obtain it?) So, I'm really tossing up here about the need for a stock car to have this extra cover. I've never owned an extended warranty before so this is a whole new concept to me. Any enlightenment on the above much appreciated. Cheers, Brian.

Patiently Awaiting: Winter White XR6 Sprint, build #141.

Last edited by Brian_H; 26-03-2016 at 05:37 PM.
Brian_H is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2016, 10:53 PM   #35
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

For major items like transmission, wouldn't you have some statutory rights? I mean, time is far less of a factor in a transmission failure than mileage, so even if 3yrs is up, if the car has low km's, I'd still be inclined to pursue a repair via Fair trading/ACCC.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 27-03-2016, 11:52 AM   #36
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You could try fighting them under these laws https://www.accc.gov.au/business/tre...ts-obligations
Old 27-03-2016, 12:54 PM   #37
anto
Za Dom spremni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_H View Post
Anto, I'm weighing up the extended warranty currently for a new XRTS. Just like to ask a question about what you wrote: Your signature says you're getting 446RWKw's - that's pretty spectacular! You say also that if a car is stock then the wty is well worth taking. Questions: It appears the extra power may have caused your tranny claim? Am I thinking right here? If so, wouldn't a stock car need the warranty much less and a heavily modified thing outside design parameters be the one really in need of extra cover (but unable to obtain it?) So, I'm really tossing up here about the need for a stock car to have this extra cover. I've never owned an extended warranty before so this is a whole new concept to me. Any enlightenment on the above much appreciated. Cheers, Brian.
To be clear, yes mine was modified and out of warranty so I had to fork out regardless. My point is that sometimes things do fail randomly and for piece of mind the extended warranty is pretty good value considering what repairs cost on these modern cars.
If mine were stock I would have definitely got extra cover.
AU III XR8 red ute
anto is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2016, 12:55 PM   #38
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

myFord is $1875 for a total of 6yrs/ 100000km on a Kuga Titanium. I'm going to take that for sure.
Old 31-03-2016, 05:34 PM   #39
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by murcod View Post
myFord is $1875 for a total of 6yrs/ 100000km on a Kuga Titanium. I'm going to take that for sure.
Squeeze them, $1500 would be fair.

Now is that 6 years and 100,000 total?
Old 31-03-2016, 09:08 PM   #40
Sprint Turbo
Starter Motor

Definitely do not get third party extended warranty, most have a limit of $1000 per claim and a max $3000 over the life of the policy. Most only cover "internally lubricated" parts of and engine, gearbox or diff, so does not cover things like turbos. Also if an "internally lubricated" part fails it would mean a catastrophic failure of an engine, gearbox or diff which would be more than $1000 to repair and would be outside the value allowed, so you are really buying a self invalidating policy!
Sprint Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2016, 09:14 PM   #41
Trump
bitch lasagne

If I am not mistaken, murcod has been offered the extended factory warranty which is an actual extension of the factory warranty.
Old 01-04-2016, 03:29 PM   #42
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes, extended factory warranty. "myFord Extended New Vehicle Warranty"- with an extra 3yrs time extension only. Effectively I'll get 6yrs/100000km coverage. http://www.ford.com.au/owners/warranties

I've already accepted it at the $1875- I was actually expecting it to be over $2k. Given the vehicle has Sync2, panoramic sun roof, turbo engine, auto trans, self parking etc. I think it's a wise move.
Old 02-04-2016, 07:28 PM   #43
Womble99

Seems like a good price, we are looking at a new G6E and were offered an extra 2yrs for $1770. Not overly keen on that for 2yrs extra, think I will push for the 3yr option to take the new car warranty out to 6yrs at that price.
Womble99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2016, 10:51 AM   #44
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Be careful that it's the proper myFord Extended New Vehicle Warranty you get. The salespeople at the dealership didn't even mention it to me- they were trying to flog some other Allianz warranty that was basically useless short of the engine/ trans self destructing.
Old 04-04-2016, 11:11 AM   #45
Womble99

I have been reading over the paperwork they sent me (computer was down when I was in so I didn't have to sit through the pitch ) it is the Ford backed new car warranty though it is under the name Ford Protect which differs from what is listed on the website? As my car is on order I have nearly 2 months to sort them out ;)
Old 04-04-2016, 03:40 PM   #46
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The only hits on Google for Ford Protect are at ford.com eg. http://fordprotect.ford.com/

Strange.
Old 19-04-2016, 06:11 PM   #47
Womble99

Finally got the right info after calling Ford direct. The myFord extended new vehicle warranty which Murcod got is the Ford backed extension and is available for purchase whilst the vehicle is still within original warranty period.

The Ford protect which I was offered is also a Ford backed extension but is only available at the time of purchase. It was released late last year and is only available as 2yr/100,000km or 2yr/200,000km options, no 3yr options available. The price has gone up but they throw in 5 x $100 off vouchers for your first 5 services as well as waiving the finance fee if you are using their loan service.

After talking to the Ford extended warranty team they confirmed both are available and both have the same cover it just depends if the extras of the new policy are attractive at time of sale?

So to compare I got the price for both:
Ford Protect 2yr/100,000km $1770 (with 5 x $100 vouchers)
myFord 2yr/100,000km $1595
but to go to 3yr/100,000km $1875 or 3yr/200,000km $2240

Too many choices now?
Old 19-04-2016, 08:07 PM   #48
Spammy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Given the dramas I had getting my local dealer to honour the original warranty, I would not pay $1 for an extended version.
Spammy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2016, 10:02 AM   #49
DK30RB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spammy View Post
Given the dramas I had getting my local dealer to honour the original warranty, I would not pay $1 for an extended version.
Agreed, i took my XR8 in for warranty work and all i would get back is "They all do that".

They then proceeded to try and sell me the $2200 extended warranty for when factory warranty runs out. The look on the service advisors face was priceless when i responded with "Why? so i can have the pleasure of paying you to tell me "They all do that" for another 3 years!!"

Hahaha, not a chance.
DK30RB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 18-05-2016, 11:06 PM   #50
wishan21
Starter Motor

My name is wishan I own a ford ranger PX XLT 2012 model. I took my car into for because it was going through coolant it had been doing this a for the last two services it only has 83000 on the clock they pressure and chemical tested the coolant came back good and ten they pulled the head to find that the head gasket had failed but only on operating temperature would the gap be big enough to let coolant past. Ford sent the claim back to Allianz they saying it's not covered under there policy but when I bought from brand new I assumed it was ford warranty extended they didn't tell me otherwise.. Any thoughts on what I can do ?

Kind regards

Wishan Kilsby
wishan21 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2016, 12:44 AM   #51
olfella
Cranky old bastard

If you have been having it serviced regularly at a dealer, then tell them you had been reporting this problem for those past services and get them to contact Ford. They may meet you somewhere in getting it repaired.
olfella is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2016, 01:14 PM   #52
Blue Shadow
R.I.P. Maggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishan21 View Post
My name is wishan I own a ford ranger PX XLT 2012 model. I took my car into for because it was going through coolant it had been doing this a for the last two services it only has 83000 on the clock they pressure and chemical tested the coolant came back good and ten they pulled the head to find that the head gasket had failed but only on operating temperature would the gap be big enough to let coolant past. Ford sent the claim back to Allianz they saying it's not covered under there policy but when I bought from brand new I assumed it was ford warranty extended they didn't tell me otherwise.. Any thoughts on what I can do ?

Kind regards

Wishan Kilsby

If Allianz is involved then it is not a factory warranty, you need to read your PDS
Blue Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2016, 01:24 PM   #53
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Allianz are a nightmare to deal with.

Personally I won't go near them.

2016 Falcon XR8. Powered by the legend that is - David Winter.
XC Cobra #181.
1985 Mack Superliner, CAT 3408, 24 speed Allison.
Mercury Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2016, 04:24 PM   #54
DK30RB

Had a Turbo issue with the ecoboost along with some delamination on the corners of the windscreen.

The turbo had a faulty wastegate actuator but required a complete new turbo. (They don't sell the wastegate actuator as a separate part) The car now has 110k on it, I purchased it used but it had a ford service history.

No warranty, but Ford still covered a majority of the costs of both the Turbo and Windscreen. Well done ford.
DK30RB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post: