Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

View Poll Results: Would you like a Police Rep on the Forums?
Yes 138 51.49%
Undecided 51 19.03%
No 79 29.48%
Voters: 268. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 15-07-2005, 04:54 PM   #91
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by james
Some people are unlucky and get harrassed.
sometimes just unlucky, usually their big mouth or illegal car gets them into trouble.
Old 29-07-2005, 03:36 PM   #92
Heeno
Formally knowen as EBus

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA Coupe
sometimes just unlucky, usually their big mouth or illegal car gets them into trouble.
have to disagree there, cops tend to show no remorce to young drivers.

Changes: 5 spd manual
Extractors, 2.5in exhaust
AMG Quake 17's w/ maxxis rubba
Lovelle superlows
Cheap a55 Pod Filter

Bike: CR250R 05 :evil3:
Old 29-07-2005, 03:55 PM   #93
Pilch
X-Series Club Moderator

I don't think it matters whether there is an official police presence on AFF or not, nor would it really matter for a cruise to any notable extent as everyone is expected to obey ALL road rules anyway to a fair and reasonable extent.

Anyone that steps out of line (disobey's the law) on a cruise or openly admits to doing something on a public forum deserves whats coming to them.

Currently only the AFF admin team come down on an inappropriate act, but I feel if your dumb enough to do it than why shouldn't the appropriate law enforcement agency deal out the applicable punishment also!!!

Also, a Forum that is willing to accept and work with law enforcement agencies in a fair and reasonable manner is only going to get an improved image amongst the general public (non car enthusiasts).
Old 29-07-2005, 06:13 PM   #94
au-steve
fully *** turboooo

Quote:
thats nonsense. cops suck. simple as that. especially the one who bent me over...
Full comp insurance :nutsycuck
Old 29-07-2005, 06:33 PM   #95
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heeno

You hit the nail on the head..... they hasssle youngsters because they obviously enjoy intimidating us. I took the car out on saturday nite was cruisen up beach road (love that road) well below the speed limit and passed 3 TMUs and none of them looked twice.
however i got closer to glen waverly (where my m8s live) and i had a TMU all over me, so i pulled into a drive way parked the car and walked away for an hour!

TMUs GOAL: show the youngsters on the road with nice looking cars who owns the road :

Thats my 2cents worth anyway and yes alot of you will prolly disagree too.!
Old 29-07-2005, 06:40 PM   #96
f100_mad

oh everybody has been hassled by cops get over it. try spring nats, they defect everyting. part of life.

Old 29-07-2005, 07:01 PM   #97
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I bet there is a small amount of people on here that do illegal activities but they are just smart enough not to post it and if they do then expect to get done for it. But i still dont see how braggin about it would be taken seriously as it could just be made up.

This however can give info of hotspots where illegal activities take place. I dont know about this site but some log IP addresses which are unique to a computer.
Old 29-07-2005, 07:49 PM   #98
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heeno
please re-read XA's statement again. Attitude never got anyone off anything, but its a good way of encouraging a workover that'll stop just short of a cavity search.

Act like you've got respect for the copper (even if you don't) you'll end up with more 50's in your wallet come months end.

Put yourself in plods position for a few milliseconds, if you could financially hurt someone who is questioning the way you do your job, wouldn't you take the opportunity.

This whole issue is a tired one, there is no need for any official representation, AFF has stated it will do its best to ensure member remain within the law at events and won't encourage or condone posts of illegal activities.

Most coppers that ever pulled me over were entirely reasonable, (I might add that most times I deserved to be pulled over) and even the most narcisistic coppers respond well to "the bags full sir".

A bag pull of genuine "yes sirs", and "no problems mate" in exchange for $'s remaining in my wallet, that ones a no brainer.
Old 29-07-2005, 07:58 PM   #99
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_EL_XR8
A bag pull of genuine "yes sirs", and "no problems mate" in exchange for $'s remaining in my wallet, that ones a no brainer.
Yep saved myself a fine for being polite. Even though he wasnt the smartest person ive met.

COP: "You have a Provisional licence so where are your P plates"

ME: "They are on the front and back of my car"

COP: "Sorry about that"

ME: "No problems mate"

Lol i dont know how he missed them.
Old 31-07-2005, 07:10 PM   #100
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
Lol i dont know how he missed them.
Federal coppers ... they are there to amuse us....... :
Old 01-08-2005, 12:06 AM   #101
banarcus
hmm eyebrows

Quote:
Originally Posted by au-steve
thats nonsense. cops suck. simple as that. especially the one who bent me over...
You're an angry young man au-steve. I guess you failed the attitude test my friend. :

And before you say, "Oh what would you know", we've all been on our p plates before and most here have come away unscathed. I failed the attitude test before too, but you'll get over it soon enough.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:28 AM   #102
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What really ****es me off is those who complain about getting defected when they know their mods are illegal. Fair game if the mods are legal but if they are not then there is no grounds to complain.
Old 01-08-2005, 11:20 AM   #103
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

So the EPA is a god send to our motoring society Mitchay?
Old 01-08-2005, 11:27 AM   #104
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
Lol. I was just pointin out how people whinge about getting defected for illegal mods. If they are legal mods and get defected for it then they have every reason to whinge as would i.
Old 01-08-2005, 11:29 AM   #105
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
You can hardly blame the poor plod that hase to enforce the EPA nonsense though! More than the odd coppa turns a blind eye to trivial stuff when they can. Sadly a few that become over zealous, they were probably beaten on at school.
Old 01-08-2005, 11:32 AM   #106
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
Lol. I was just pointin out how people whinge about getting defected for illegal mods. If they are legal mods and get defected for it then they have every reason to whinge as would i.
What about the unreasonable reasons for defecting someone or the restrictions they create for the enthusiast that wants to get his/her car legal and engineered?

My car probably has better emissions than 80% of the cars out there but its going to cost me $3000 to prove it. But when the car is defected for emissions its a free test that is nowhere near as complicated.

I hate the EPA.
Old 01-08-2005, 11:33 AM   #107
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Not at all.

I think most know my views on cops in our society.

Cops bashing is just bloody stupid in 95% of all cases, but it seems we focus on that 5% most of the time

The EPA, well thats another story and for those that have seen my aquired plates, know my thoughts 100%
Old 01-08-2005, 11:34 AM   #108
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok what i mean is people that defected for mods they know are illegal. Example too low, too loud, wheels are too big etc.
Old 28-02-2006, 09:03 PM   #109
mr_efxr
Not your average EF Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
I said yes but on conditions. They would have to be a Ford and car enthusiest so that they are not just seen as a "Copper" but as someone who is on our side but also can help with the legal answers.
Totally agree to those conditions, however in majority of cases they are on forums to pin-point who to Canary next. I must say though, I have met a handful of good ones too.

The recently SOLD 95 EF Wagon 5spd NA SLEEPER

The Daily cruisers now *95 R33 Skyline GTS-T RB25DET *93 Lexus GS300 2JZ-GTE

Car enthusiasts visit Unique Cars and Parts
Old 28-02-2006, 09:19 PM   #110
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

There are members on this forum who are current serving members. I know that other forum members pm them with questions and they post their 20 cents worth on site. Unless it is an official query though, which the forum would take out with the relevant agency, this I think would be done in person, then I don't see the need to have an official rep from the police force.

The best place to chat to these people is at meets like Heathcote, FPV day etc. I for one am happy to try and assist with any questions. But if is just a bash, which I sometimes get, then no, I cop enough when I am on duty.

I have recently just joined this forum and have been happy with the overwhelming majority of members. Also my car club which I recently joined have been great. You guys and girls rock!!!!! :voldar02:
Old 28-02-2006, 09:51 PM   #111
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Thread Mining is Bad Okay!
Old 28-02-2006, 09:57 PM   #112
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Thread Mining is Bad Okay!
But Search is your friend! To search, find and not post is criminal (pun intended). Police reps on this site as car enthusiasts is fine. Police reps on this site looking for the next moving violation is not!
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
Old 01-03-2006, 07:02 AM   #113
KEV EB XR8
XR8 v Lee. love you Lee

Problem solved

"Sticky" in the bar. Anonymus police officers (different user name) log on to answer questions left on thread to the best of thier ability. all care taken but not responsible for misinterpretations,lack of info to work with ETC.

Constable Care meets Dr Harry.

As original from showroom floor with all options
Additions - Pacemakers turbo400 3" exhaust
Custom cai prototype No 4
Stage 1 shift kit with neck brace
Still to come DIVORCE
Old 01-03-2006, 07:24 AM   #114
red_hotxr6
Banned

Cool

Why not i have no problems with that at all. As a matter of fact they have just as much right on here as any body else.
Old 01-03-2006, 07:53 AM   #115
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
But Search is your friend! To search, find and not post is criminal (pun intended). Police reps on this site as car enthusiasts is fine. Police reps on this site looking for the next moving violation is not!
Glad to see you have been promotoed to admin or forum director JC 4:

This is closed, it's been done to death previously
Closed Thread