Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 22-04-2016, 05:32 PM   #31
Blue Shadow
R.I.P. Maggie

Default Re: Prince dead at the age of 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
You might mean Sinead O'Connor.

Shania is the country chick...
He also wrote for Kenny Rodgers and Alicia Keys and heaps more
Blue Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 22-04-2016, 05:53 PM   #32
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Wasn't his biggest fan but definitely respected his talents, especially on the guitar!
Old 22-04-2016, 09:45 PM   #33
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

Anyone who can write, play & produce multiple hits in different genres is a genius, period. Prince is up there with the best no doubt, he was a total entertainer loved by millions around the globe. RIP Prince

cheer's, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 23-04-2016, 02:17 AM   #34
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuthin' fancy View Post
He was close to as good as it gets. Have a look at his shredding here from 3.30: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SFNW5F8K9Y
That just reinforces why I love the sound of a Telecaster.

There were a few thinks of his I liked without saying I was ever really into his music but you could never doubt his talent.

Another sad loss for music.
Express is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2016, 02:03 PM   #35
Tsar01
Cant get enough S/C5.0

Sadness indeed the world over.

"Purple Rain" his movie was the first true modern music video I watched as a young 12-14yr old, my brother & I were blown away. ( quite accidently taken to a movie by a family friend & saw the wrong movie) In saying that we lived a semi sheltered life where dad controlled everything and only his music was allowed.. Gene Pitny, german beer waltz music etc etc.

It changed our lives and out looks, his movie included a lot of personal touches of his own up bringing and life. In such this changed ours lives to stand up to the bullying and abuse that was delivered at us and our mum on a regular basis as Prince's father had done also.

His musical talent is beyond doubt, I loved his early music mainly, but as time passed some of his more modern stuff I believe was just ahead of its time.

Drugs, flu, or accident does not matter, the passing of another great artist is sad indeed.

R.I.P to my childhood hero
2011 FPV GS Sed, ZF, #0283
Prem Sound,Dual Zone Climate.
445Rwkw@ 14psi ID1050's, 525 pump,
67mm pulley on Y/T Snout , Dual cone air pod, Herrod Billet P/s pulley & KPM Stg 2 Intercooler, Romac balancer
Rear muffler delete, IMS Diff hat with Super Pro's, XYZ coilovers

Previous 2x Xb's, 3x Xc's, a Purple 302XD Fairmont, & Monza Red 6cyc manual XE:- S-Pak "worked" with bathurst 9" 12 slotters Lsd diff with short gears, EB Xr8 "Lemon". A few Lasers & Xf utes...Ef fairlane

Tsar01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 23-04-2016, 07:35 PM   #36
BadMax
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I can't say I'm a massive fan, but I do enjoy some of his songs. It's a tragedy that we've lost a some real musicians suddenly this year alone.
I don't think we'll see many more talents such as Prince and Bowie in the future, not with the digital, repetitive age we're now in.
Single hump hard lid.
XR8 Bonnet
Colour coded mirrors.
Tint.
Reverse camera.
K&N.
More down the track...
BadMax is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2016, 11:09 AM   #37
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore