Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 28-01-2016, 05:52 PM   #1
baxr6
Starter Motor

Default Asking for help..

Hey guy's, don't want to be a charity case but when times get desperate you gotta ask for help. Don't want to bore you with a long story so here goes.

So basically our house was destroyed in the Sydney storms 2 weeks ago. A tree fell through our roof taking out the kids room completely and making the house unsafe to live in. Our kids lost most of their clothes and toys and bedding. It's taken a massive toll on us financially aswell. We've managed to find a place to stay but it's been a struggle.

It's been a very stressful time for us. We've set up a gofundme page to help us get back on our feet.
There's more information and photo's on the page.

https://www.gofundme.com/58kzdha4

Obviously I know this isn't a charity site, and wouldn't be sharing around but we are genuinely getting desperate.
Thanks for reading.
Matt
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160114_153916.jpg (164.9 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0334.jpg (148.2 KB, 30 views)
2 users like this post:
Old 28-01-2016, 06:07 PM   #2
Ross 1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Default Re: Asking for help..

Done. Good luck with everything.
2 users like this post:
Old 28-01-2016, 06:18 PM   #3
baxr6
Starter Motor

Thank you so much mate. It's means a lot to us.
This user likes this post:
Old 28-01-2016, 06:47 PM   #4
MrEL
Sick Puppy

Insurance isn't picking up the tab on most things?
Old 28-01-2016, 07:48 PM   #5
baxr6
Starter Motor

We are only renting and nah never really thought about getting contents insurance to be honest. You just never expect anything like this to happen.
Old 28-01-2016, 08:06 PM   #6
MrEL
Sick Puppy

That's why you get insurance.
For the unexpected.
Im sorry mate I feel for your situation but will not be kicking anything in.
I pay my insurance each year like most people to cover myself for stuff like this. Even if we have to forgo something we make sure insurance is up to date.
You cant ask people to bail you out when you haven't done anything to cover yourself.

Yep get the pitchforks and firesticks out people and chase the ogre here!
Im waiting for it.
5 users like this post:
Old 28-01-2016, 08:15 PM   #7
mechanic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEL View Post
For the unexpected.
Im sorry mate I feel for your situation but will not be kicking anything in.
I pay my insurance each year like most people to cover myself for stuff like this. Even if we have to forgo something we make sure insurance is up to date.
You cant ask people to bail you out when you haven't done anything to cover yourself.

Im waiting for it.
Agree with your comment 100%.
I've paid car, house and contents and sometimes even income protection insurance since 1966.
Haven't had a claim as yet but will keep on with it even though I'm on a pension.
Contents insurance to me is the least important as there's so much second hand stuff around these days that is of good quality at reasonable prices.

As for the firesticks, an asbestos suit maybe?
Old 28-01-2016, 08:27 PM   #8
baxr6
Starter Motor

Nah mate fair enough, I'm kicking myself for not getting it.
I never thought I'd ever have to do this, but this whole experience has been extremely difficult for us. It took me a good 2hrs to actually post it because I was way to embarrassed to ask for help. Don't want ramble on but I respect and appreciate what your saying, its a very valid point. So no pitchforks here mate.
Old 28-01-2016, 08:36 PM   #9
.:4:.
Kicking back

Dont kill me for this post, but I do pay a mortgage and also foot the dreaded insurance bill each month. But if I didn't get into the market nearly 4 years ago I would still be stuck in the rental game. House prices in Sydney have gone through the roof in the past few years and if I didn't make the best and worst decision of my life, today I would be looking for a house in emu plains. I guarentee baxr6 pays more for a rental then I do mortgage (kirawee I'm assuming) so I have a lot of sympathy. I have only 1 child myself and I get it that a whole wardrobe for more then 1 child isn't in the weekly budget. I go week to week on paychecks, and it's rough as hell but you do the best for your family. I feel sorry for him because the stress level must be through the roof, and that affects performance at work etc. I may not be the working class hero but considering in the last 12 months I have has 32 hours annual leave and 1 rdo and still stress about income, I hope ba xr6 gets a hand.
Old 28-01-2016, 08:45 PM   #10
Ross 1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEL View Post
For the unexpected.

Im waiting for it.
I don't think there is any need for the pitchforks. That is your opinion and it is as valid as anyone else'. The joy of a forum. I had times in my late teens early twenties where accomodation, food and utilities came first and I would sometimes cancel insurances to get through the month. Touch wood I never needed them but have since never let any lapse as they are important.
To the OP, no need for embarrassment, as men it is really hard to dent our pride and ask for help at times. I'm sure there is quite a few people on here who at one point in their lives have had to swallow that pride for the sake of looking after their family. I admit that when our first child was born I had to get a loan from my parents, it hurt to ask but with one income I had to do it. I look back and think it was times like that which drive you never to be in that position again and make you fiercely independent in the future.
5 users like this post:
Closed Thread