Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 28-01-2016, 03:16 PM   #1
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: AFF Weight Gain/Loss Program

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoreSlamR View Post
Well I'm hovering at 130 now, it's all come everywhere except my gut.

I don't think diet and the small amount of exercise is going to get rid of it.

I honestly don't know where to go from here, I work out in the heat in Karratha 6 days a week and am too knackered at the end of the day to really do anything too strenuous..
That is the only thing that will get rid of it, you have it easy in relation to weight loss as you have a physical job, a desk jockey has to work AND find time to exercise, while you get paid to 'exercise'.

I never had a weight problem when I was doing construction work/concreting/labouring etc, that only came when I got a desk job.

Weight loss is a simple formula, no tricks or gimmicks needed, 1kg of body fat equals roughly 7000 calories (depending who you believe)

So to lose 1kg per week you either have to burn an additional 7000 calories, or get to a point where you are eating 7000less calories per week.

Start on 2200-2500 calories per week and see how you go, if no results reduce by 10% and keep going. Also add a 30minute to 1 hr brisk walk after dinner.

Monitor through myfitnesspal app on your phone, you can even enter your weight etc and it will recommend your daily food intake, you can also enter you weight daily/weekly what ever and it will give you a nice chart.

Plus all the other advice/tips given are all good.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 29-01-2016, 02:19 PM   #2
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe View Post
Monitor through myfitnesspal app on your phone, you can even enter your weight etc and it will recommend your daily food intake, you can also enter you weight daily/weekly what ever and it will give you a nice chart.
^^ - This. I can't recommend this app enough. Couple it with Endomondo which measures your exertions and interfaces seamlessly back to MFP.
FairmontGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2016, 03:05 PM   #3
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
^^ - This. I can't recommend this app enough. Couple it with Endomondo which measures your exertions and interfaces seamlessly back to MFP.
What is this Endomondo you speak of??

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post