Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 20-02-2006, 01:51 AM   #1
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Default Am i hearing wind/air leaks ????

I have noticed only recentlly / a few times with the radio off when it's quiet / when cruising along it sounds like wind blowing in around up near the top of the windscreen around the centre , i was felling above the top of the window on the inside looking for maybe a gap or something - when i noticed the whole top inside where the front window meets the roof is like a 1cm gap the whole way across , like the roof has come out from behind the rubber of the fron window where they meet ..... the noise is only noticable too when driving certian directions - like maybe heading straight into the wind .

1... is this gap along the top of the roof/front window on the inside normal , or is it supposed to meet flush - seems like a hard solid edge unmovable - is why i ask ????????????????

2 ... does anyone else notice wind noise sometime from around the fron window up top somwhere ???????????

I can' find any leaks for the life of me , from the outside the window goo that holds the window in looks like it goes right around the window and seals , i don't get any water leaks at all , its got me stumped , is it maybe noise coming from the lower front window demist vent - even when all the temp controls are off ?????

any help plz ......... cos it drives me crazy when it happens..

oh i also noticed too with the airconditioner on when i turn a right corner i get a really cold blast then coming out of the corner back to straight the temp drops again a bit , you can even hear the aircon fan power a bit harder too for a split few seconds while turning a corner ???????? .....lol ... strange

:

XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post