Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-08-2015, 12:19 PM   #1
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Default Ford Customer Relations Centre

I recently purchased an FGX XR6 Ute. The dealer made a mistake with stamp duty.

This is the email I sent to the dealer with a copy to Ford customer relations.

iancavanough@xxxxxx
To xxxxxxx
CC customers@fordcrc.com.au Aug 3 at 5:58 PM

Hi xxxxxx

I am a little disappointed that I haven't received a response to my email of 24 July to you advising that xxxxx Ford made an error and overcharged me $90 on stamp duty due to a transposition of figures( $984 instead of $894).

Attached to that email were the supporting documents of xxxxx Ford Invoice, Recipt and Rego Certificate.

If you didn't receive my email please let me know and I will forward a copy to you.

I also spoke to xxxxx about this matter on Wednesday 29 July at 11.43am.

I had advised you earlier that I was exempt stamp duty because of my war veteran status however I accept that the person who effected the registration of the vehicle had to accept the RMS' (though incorrect) advice at the time.

Please note the attached document from the Office of State Revenue. You will see that they have refunded me $894. A state government body can act quite swiftly in this matter and issue a refund to me whereas I have heard nothing from xxxxx Ford.

Can you please advise when I may expect this matter to be resolved.

Thank you

I got a call a couple of hours later from the salesman who said he would fix it up with a refund.

But this is the interesting bit.

About mid day the next day I got a call from Ford customer relations. They had spoken to the dealer and told me what was happening from their conversation and asked me was I happy now the matter as resolved.

So maybe Ford are finally starting to get their act together.
Cav is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 05-08-2015, 12:31 PM   #2
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: Ford Customer Relations Centre

It's not resolved till you have your refund. Promises cost less than cash!

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 05-08-2015, 02:22 PM   #3
WPR1

Great to hear a good story, Ford have been putting alot of effort into customer service so it seems to be working.
WPR1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2015, 02:24 PM   #4
bangm001
Mopar! But Own F6's..

Too late guys..
This user likes this post:
Old 06-08-2015, 03:05 AM   #5
Espec

Ford customer relation centre re CRC I dont think have improved try dealing with them when you have a problematic dual clutch gearbox in a focus they have had thousands of complaints yet no help but lots of excuse
Espec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2015, 10:12 AM   #6
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

One of these type of stories and then 100 of the bad type. On the dual clutch story my neighbour had hers replaced under warranty without much trouble. Seems to be how the dealer handles it too sometimes.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:04 PM   #7
olfella
Cranky old bastard

I was hoping they had picked their game up, and they are all really nice people who I think genuinely try to help, but they cannot tell me when and if the sat nav for my MkII will be updated. It is now over two years since the last upgrade and the chinese whispers say they are no longer supporting it (for my model and the SZ Terri).

So accolades when deserved but I think any support area is only as good as the back up provided by the company involved and Ford are very selective in what they pass onto even their own.
olfella is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2015, 09:32 PM   #8
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

olfella, the last upgrade for Mk2 Falcon and SZ Territory was via an evoucher you bought from Ford parts, take to service department and they load it via a USB into your vehicle, that has since finished. As for a later update, all I can say is watch this space...
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2015, 09:43 PM   #9
olfella
Cranky old bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
olfella, the last upgrade for Mk2 Falcon and SZ Territory was via an evoucher you bought from Ford parts, take to service department and they load it via a USB into your vehicle, that has since finished. As for a later update, all I can say is watch this space...
Yea, mine is the same and I have version 20 and am just hanging out for 21. Also I am going on a trip soon and wanted to get the car serviced before then (and hopefully maps updated at the same time).
My point being why cant Ford come clean and let us know one way or the other.
olfella is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post