Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-05-2015, 09:51 AM   #1
pulonium

Default Good crash repairer in NW Sydney?

hi guys,

i was t-boned on the way hoe last night, my pristine low k g6et is a mess :(

does anyone know a good crash repairer/panel beater in nw syd that they can personally recommend?

the one my insurer is trying to force me to use is a 1 star rated repairer from multiple reviewers, so i am thinking of getting it repaired properly by someone that knows what they are doing and has a high standard of work, and then taking the at fault driver to court for the costs instead of going through my insurer.

cheers
pulonium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2015, 10:49 AM   #2
FPV+fteT3
Performance Inc.

Default Re: Good crash repairer in NW Sydney?

Makes no sense if you are in the right tell your insurer you want a vallet service where you get the repair quotes and they have a choice of 2. or if the other party is insured and they are in the wrong get his or her claim number contact their insurance and they will pay for your car to be fixed at your shop.
I have had issues before with AAMI wanting to use dodgy repairers went for a valley assessment and had the car fixed right they bitched and moaned but hey I got my car repaired correctly.
Had a bloke bingle the back of the ute rung him got his claim number then rang allianz (his insurer) quoted his claim number and they advised me to get quotes and advise them where my car was at and have the shop send us their quote with that claim number for approval to be repaired.

FPV Super Pursuit Build no 0080/91
Lotus Exige S/C S240

Kart Hasse Chassis 100J Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Rental cars, the equipment of choice to get to destinations where 4WDs fear to drive......
FPV+fteT3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2015, 11:34 AM   #3
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulonium View Post
then taking the at fault driver to court for the costs instead of going through my insurer.

cheers
That could be an expensive and dragged out experience. Especially if the other party says he has no money and will pay you $10 a week.
Old 15-05-2015, 12:07 PM   #4
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Before you look at legal action, look at all your other options.

Depending on who you are insured through, you may not have choice of repairer.

Also make sure you are not responsible for the accident first. Many times I spoke with people while working in claims, who say they were not responsible for the accident but it ended being them at fault, what you may think is right may not be right. Being T boned does not really give much info, on how the accident happen, but we will leave that up to the insurance co to work out.

Speak to your insurance company on what all the options are, even do a report and get them to tell you what they think the liability outcome will be.

Speak to the other driver and ask if they have insurance, if so ask for a claim number. Once the other insurance company has accepted liability, you can then go and get a quote, if they dispute liability, then contact your insurance company to make a claim and let the 2 fight it out.

Last option is to go to court and try get money out of another person. Just remember if the person does not have money or insurance, you may still be out of pocket for cost if you win. You may only get $5.00 a week, if they cry poor.

One last thing, you only have to get one quote to repair your car. As long as it is fair and responsible and the cost are not over inflated, One quote is all you need to get. If someone demands more than one quote, you do not have to get any other quotes and you can get the quote from any repair shop you like.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2015, 12:29 PM   #5
pulonium

Thanks for the advice guys, i used the term "t-boned" perhaps incorrectly, i was going straight ahead on a main Sydney road, the other vehicle came from a small side street on the other side of the road (she was turning right) and smashed into the side of my car.

It wasn't a marked intersection, no lights or round-a-bouts etc, they absolutely had to give way to me so I don't think there will be any worry about fault as it seems pretty clear cut.

I guess court sounds too messy, i will call my insurer and see if i can insist on my own repairer (hopefully someone can recommend a good one). I was initially hoping to use the other driver's insurance but they won't return my calls asking for a claim number.

In my call to the insurer before they said they only cover the repairs for life if i use their preferred insurer, which is what had me concerned as i need the repairs to be covered.
Old 15-05-2015, 02:45 PM   #6
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have been very pleased by the work of St Marys Prestige in ... St Marys
bathurst77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2015, 02:52 PM   #7
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Quote:
does anyone know a good crash repairer/panel beater in nw syd that they can personally recommend?
What do you mean by North West Sydney?

That’s a big slice of suburbia you could narrow down a bit.
Express is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 15-05-2015, 03:47 PM   #8
pulonium

Ideally somewhere close to Bella Vista/Castle Hill.
Old 15-05-2015, 04:06 PM   #9
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A friend who used to be in the industry in two different ways would always recommend Nathans in the Mcgraths Hill area
EgoFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2015, 05:21 PM   #10
Peter B - CV8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
hi guys,

i was t-boned on the way hoe last night, my pristine low k g6et is a mess :(

the one my insurer is trying to force me to use is a 1 star rated repairer from multiple reviewers, so i am thinking of getting it repaired properly by someone that knows what they are doing and has a high standard of work, and then taking the at fault driver to court for the costs instead of going through my insurer.

cheers
Let me guess... JP Smash Repairs @ Castle Hill ?? They used to be quite good - but have had new owners for the past 12 months & workmanship has slipped a fair bit.
Peter B - CV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2015, 05:47 PM   #11
sierra63
Club Moderator

I have experiences with MK Smash Repairs at 1/17 Euston St, Rydalmere‎ NSW‎ 2116. They are an NRMA approved repairer.
Old 15-05-2015, 09:40 PM   #12
335JET
@jas_23_

Parramatta smash repairs in North Parramatta or Nathans at Mcgraths hill.
335JET is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post