Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 15-01-2012, 02:26 PM   #1
crollsurf
Starter Motor

Default Replacing AU park light globes

Need to replace front park lights. Unclipped and removed the unit that holds the globe but for the life of me, I can't remove the globe. I ended up braking the globe trying, and it was a tough little globe. I'm starting to wonder if I need to replace the whole unit. Not just the globe.

Does anyone know what the story is?

It's Nov99 AU Futura wagon.

crollsurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2012, 02:37 PM   #2
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 
Default Re: Replacing AU park light globes

do you mean the little t10 wedge globe that just sits in the headlight?

and are you meaning it was stuck in the headlight assembly or stuck in the bulb holder that has the electrical connections in it?

one of my old complaints was that the parker bulbs sometimes used to fall out cos they just sit in the headlights, nothing is there to hold them in!
Old 15-01-2012, 02:49 PM   #3
crollsurf
Starter Motor

It's stuck in the globe holder. The holder comes in 2 parts. A plastic cylinder and a metal piece that slots into the cylinder. The metal piece holds the globe. I can't remove the globe from the metal piece.

Cheers
Old 15-01-2012, 04:13 PM   #4
T3man
Banned

They do get jammed in there sometimes the little fuggers. You need to get some pointy nose pliers onto the job to get the remains out. They are a wedge style globe that just pulls straight out - do not twist or turn.

Otherwise you'll have to get some replcement globe holders and wire them in - they're readily available at any auto store. (or the wreckers).
T3man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2012, 09:04 PM   #5
crollsurf
Starter Motor

Couldn't get it out even with a pair of long nose pliers. I'm convinced the holder and bulb where all-in-one. Anyway thanks but it looks like I'm off to get some holders.
Old 15-01-2012, 09:41 PM   #6
T3man
Banned

Well possibly someone has had replacements fitted previously and used a non standard type.
T3man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2012, 11:49 PM   #7
crollsurf
Starter Motor

Thanks for your help but as it turns out I thought the high beams were the parkers. Doh. Anyway the good side is I now have bright whites all round.
Old 22-02-2012, 05:57 PM   #8
Bazeley
Starter Motor

I removed the rubber shroud and unclipped the dipped headlight globe and removed that one but cant seem to get my fingers in to pull the small park globe out....or does it pull out from the front which means the complete perpex lens has to be removed? The one on the drivers side is even more tricky as the access is restricted by the battery.
Bazeley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2012, 12:01 AM   #9
rowan194
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The parker globe holder pulls out from the rear - try to use needle nosed pliers to grip the plastic, but if you can't then just gently pull on the wiring. It's not actually locked in there, it's just a press fit. (I found this out the hard way, trying to untwist it for over half an hour!!!)
rowan194 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 05-12-2012, 07:43 PM   #10
The Big V

I just replaced mine and one of them was a stubborn little bugger to get out but I did what rowan194 said to gently pull on the wire. you may need to pull out the battery to do the drivers side so there's more room for your fingers to access the globes.
The Big V is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2014, 01:58 PM   #11
kevin2852
Starter Motor

The plastic fitting is a push fit and they do tend to drop put, I have seen 3 cars where an enterprising soul has superglued the damned things in, Usually they also glue up the globe housing. Once that has been done, do not even bother to try to get the globe out, you never will, just scrape the glue away pull out the housing, cut the wires and fit a new plastic globe mount.
kevin2852 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2014, 08:24 PM   #12
david lee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i always take mine to my mechanic he takes the battery out whacks in a new globe and all for the price of the globe why stuff around yourself although the left one is easier
david lee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post