Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 26-02-2014, 12:57 AM   #1
Petrolhead013
Starter Motor

Question Help!!Mk2 focus 2l exhaust

Hi there fellow ford fans.

I've recently acquired a 2006 focus LX 2L and am wanting to do some mods to the car, nothing hideous, just to tidy up a little. I'm looking for a decent performance exhaust but very thing I see is for the ST / RS / XR5. I don't want something that's going to deafen me or passengers on long trips but something with a nice tone to it!!! Can someone please point me in the right direction... Also where could I purchase the RS mirrors with indicators?? Would I be better off going to a breakers yard here in sydney area??

Your help would be appreciated, and hope to put some pics up soon..

Petrolhead013 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2014, 01:21 AM   #2
FocusJames
Starter Motor

Default Re: Help!!Mk2 focus 2l exhaust

Hi, not sure if you're still following this, but I have a 2006 LS 2.0 Duratec and I got a custom 2-1/4 inch cat back installed (mild steel and stainless tip). The mechanic used mercury mufflers and did a really good job. I'm in Brisbane and it cost me $350 although the guy will take $300 if you have cash :P. I would highly recommend a 2 and a quarter inch setup, this engine sounds so sweet when it has an exhaust and I would say money well spent!
FocusJames is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 17-05-2014, 01:31 AM   #3
FocusJames
Starter Motor

Here is a short clip of me revving it:

http://youtu.be/oCk_Umd-Qkg
Old 17-05-2014, 02:03 AM   #4
Petrolhead013
Starter Motor

Hi focusjames,

Yup am still following the thread ;-)

Cheers for that will have a chat to local guys here and see what we can muster up ;-) btw your car sounds pretty sweet, think 2 1/4 " might be the way for me too. Have you done anything else to the car?? I've installed some clear white foot well lights, interior light and boot light, and has made a huge difference. Have also re routed the aux cable from glove box to centre console in between driver seat. Have sprayed the fog light plastics and roof spoiler a high gloss black. Still more little tweaks wanting to do........ ;-)
Old 17-05-2014, 12:05 PM   #5
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: LS Focus PCV Valve & Hose replacement, a very detailed write up with photos. 

This was my experience in fitting the full xforce system to my car: http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11250385

Make sure you read the second page of the thread, as there is lots of info on avoiding the check engine light which can come on if you choose to fit new header / cat also.
DZFord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2014, 02:38 AM   #6
FocusJames
Starter Motor

Those interior upgrades sound good, how'd you wire the footwell lights? The only complaint I have with the focus is that there's only 1 light in the interior other than the glovebox and boot light :/.

I'm thinking of doing a stereo upgrade soon (just headunit and decent speakers for now).

I have also done an intake upgrade with a K&N pod. I only notice a performance increase due to the pod in cold weather but it makes it sound so cool.

Old 19-05-2014, 07:28 AM   #7
Petrolhead013
Starter Motor

Hi Focusjames,

I just love the sound of the pod filter in any car, the throaty roar is great, but unfortunately here in nsw we aren't allowed to have the pod exposed so i am looking at making a fibreglass box bottom with a clear Perspex lid with pod inside!!! Well that's one of the things to do.....

As for the lighting I'd have to agree with you, pitty there aren't more lights, but hey it gives us owners something to do ;-)

In the footwells there are T10 bulb holder brackets, so u will need to get the fittings from autobarn, and I just used 2 cool white 12LED bulbs. Wired each one up together and ran the wires up the driver side pillar to the interior light. Wired it up to the switch so that all the light work off the centre light, was a pretty good upgrade to do.

Have more to do on the "list" .

If u need help let me know;-) will try find original link and post up here
Old 20-05-2014, 01:42 AM   #8
FocusJames
Starter Motor

That sounds like a good bang for buck upgrade I could do, add auto dimmers for extra euro? :P