Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 02-02-2014, 04:24 PM   #1
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Default Re: The AFF "Chef's Corner" Thread

I am digging this one up to see if I can spark interest from others in cooking.

Last night I cooked Rib Eye with mushroom sauce and home made chips.

Rib eye was the best piece of meat I have had in my 30yrs. Was a 200gm piece, I seared on all 4 sides for 1min each, then put in oven for 7mins at 200c. Came out beautiful medium rare.

My mushroom sauce
2cup mushrooms sliced
1 portabello cut in 1/4's and sliced
1 flat prepped in same way as portabello
2 swiss sliced.

Saute in butter until darkened and soft, add a splash of beef stock and reduce. To that add 100ml light cream, salt and pepper. Simmer for 1-2mins stirring the whole time. Then add fresh chopped flat parsley and chives.

Chips:
Royal blue potato's skin on. Slice 1-2mm thick, toss through a mix of 1Tbspn rice oil, then salt, pepper, chicken seasoning and paprika. Cook at 200c for 50min turning halfway.

Today I am making Gozleme, stuffed with a mix of (all fresh) onion, spinach, rocket, corriander, parsley, mint, chives, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, mozzerella and ashed goats cheese (local dairy makes it) instead of fetta. Just before cooking I will add a squeeze of lemon juice to the mix (house came with a lemon tree)

Should be delicous.

Tonight making spring rolls.

The filling I use is free range pork mince, grated carrot, chopped wombok, bean sprouts, salt pepper and hoising sauce. Tonight we are going to use rice paper rolls instead of spring roll sheets.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post