Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-12-2013, 01:57 PM   #1
Adrian 6T
FPV BLOWN GS

Default Finding the right car help. Inspections/brokers

Guys,

Over the last 6 months i have been looking for an XW/XY V8. My budget is 45k.

The thing is i have now spent over $800 in inspections in the eastern states on two cars the said they were perfect but ended up being pile of crap.

I virtually know every car to my specs that are for sale.

My question is, is there a company that i can pay that will find me the car i want with inspection even if it costs around the $2000 mark to do so?

Dec 2011 FGII FPV GS SOLD
'08 BFII F6 Tornado 11.22 @ 125.3mph SOLD
Adrian 6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2013, 03:42 PM   #2
zoesgift
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Finding the right car help. Inspections/brokers

hi there i would of thought you would be on the money with that budget to find a good car. have you tried local car clubs as often the best cars dont get advertised. you say you want a xw/xy v8 do you want a matching numbers car ie factory v8? would you consider a good xw or xy for less money that you could put a v8 into? i personally wouldnt pay anyone to find a car for me but i believe aussie muscle car sales may offer such a service
zoesgift is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2013, 03:55 PM   #3
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Don't stress about the $800 you've spent. Think about the money you've saved by not buying those POS. I'm into American classics and recently spent $400 having a car inspected that was described as "Show car, never seen snow" etc. Turned out to be a rusted POS, so I'm happy I spent the money to find out.
Don't know about inspections in OZ but a friend had a bad experience using VIP.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2013, 04:57 PM   #4
Adrian 6T
FPV BLOWN GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoesgift
hi there i would of thought you would be on the money with that budget to find a good car. have you tried local car clubs as often the best cars dont get advertised. you say you want a xw/xy v8 do you want a matching numbers car ie factory v8? would you consider a good xw or xy for less money that you could put a v8 into? i personally wouldnt pay anyone to find a car for me but i believe aussie muscle car sales may offer such a service
I thought so too but there are so many people that lie straight to you its unbelievable. I am looking for a great body and paint. Not too much care on engine and mechanicals but must be able to get regoed with minimum work in WA.
A really good condition 6cyl would be ok as well for a cheaper price tag.

Matching numbers do not bother me and i would prefer fairmont over replica.

Old 09-12-2013, 05:00 PM   #5
Adrian 6T
FPV BLOWN GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
Don't stress about the $800 you've spent. Think about the money you've saved by not buying those POS. I'm into American classics and recently spent $400 having a car inspected that was described as "Show car, never seen snow" etc. Turned out to be a rusted POS, so I'm happy I spent the money to find out.
Don't know about inspections in OZ but a friend had a bad experience using VIP.
I agree. There were two cars i was keen on that when speaking to the owners was a sure buy. I am glad i had them inspected as i saved over $10k with them.

I used VIP both times. Seem to be good.

Who else can I use to inspect them?