Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 04-02-2013, 09:45 PM   #31
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: adjusting s5 solenoid?

there`s a few pics on ebay of the s5 from various models, they are only small pics , if you enlarge the page, ctrl and + together you might see the screw, the au ones don`t look much different from the earlier models, on one add it says and i quote
"Fits all Ford 4 Speed BTR Transmissions from 1997 to 2008 (AU to BF)".

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ford-Falc...#ht_1582wt_944
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2013, 04:26 PM   #32
Giant
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Organising Nulon to sponsor AFF. 

Still no idea on which way you turn the screw to increase the shift pressure........
Giant is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2013, 11:46 AM   #33
T4ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I know
Built BTR 4k TCE stall
FG inlet and exhaust manifolds
T4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2013, 12:02 PM   #34
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Dont even bother playing with the s5,just get an adjustable shiftkit and adjust the firmness of the shifts to your hearts content,at least this way if you get sick of chirping tyres you can turn it off without dropping the trans pan,fluid,solenoid etc.
Too easy.
STINKY NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2013, 03:32 PM   #35
JoesAu

Auto still going strong after all these years!!
JoesAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2013, 10:57 PM   #36
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i weakened and let an auto trans shop do a service on mine a couple of weeks ago, first time in 8 years as the weathers been crap and working under a car on a driveway that had regular visits from a kenworth ..... and hate to say it.........i just sometimes feel i'm getting to old for this **** :(.
i asked the guy to tweak the line pressure a tad while he was at it, as the Au has had a hard life and getting a bit soft in the changes, i told him i wanted it a bit firm as i do a bit of towing , anyway after picking it up he asked me to take it for a run or just let him know if it was ok, instantly driving off i could feel a faster firmer shift while cruising around at grandpa speed, after giving it the grand pa test ...........i give it the berries from a standing start ................ omagawd !!! ...... when it banged into 2nd gear i thought the front wheels were going to lift off the ground ..... holy broken diff or engine mount batman .
It would probably be a little firm for some people, but i like it , even though it does show a bit of the backlash from a 214000 k old diff, probably not all that good to do to a car with some hard years on it, but if something fails i would not complain and just fix it and have no qualms about it as its been the best car i have ever had.
One thing i might mention, over drive/top gear didn't seem to get much if any firmer in the shift, perhaps a tad faster to shift, but not firmer if that makes sense, perhaps it is a sign of wear in my auto ?? just an observation there.
Old 24-10-2013, 11:38 PM   #37
JoesAu

I think the s5 controls the early shifts and overdrive is different, quote i think, im about to service my auto but i cant remember which way the screw gets turned lol its been ages
JoesAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2013, 01:19 AM   #38
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoesAu View Post
I think the s5 controls the early shifts and overdrive is different, quote i think, im about to service my auto but i cant remember which way the screw gets turned lol its been ages
yep s5 seems to be the consensus, sorry Joe i can't help you with the how much, i did want to have a fiddle with my Auto, but it kills me working upside down under cars on stands these days, before i get a walking stick i will get hoist one day and get active again !
some one did mention the s5 adjustment , if i recall correctly a small turn of the screw made a big difference, which direction to turn the screw is the next thing .
Old 30-10-2013, 12:13 PM   #39
mif73
CNC fixer guy

Go the electronc kit.
At least it can adjusted or turned off easily.
mif73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post