Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 02-01-2006, 07:16 PM   #1
aimzes
...fairly odd

Default my new years...

after getting getiing blind and at least making it to midnight without passing out i decided it was time to go home.

i didnt expect it to be as easy as walking to to a bus stop and flaggin down a bus but dead set finding a bus that would take me anywhere near my suburb after midnight was damn near impossible. i was about 30 mins walk from home and i was tempted to walk it but when i half sobered up i realised i would have to trek through a not so good part of sydney where ive had a couple of minor "incidents" over the years.

i sat at a bus stop with about 30 people going my general direction. not a cab in sight and 4 busses that would have at least taken me through the bad areas refused to stop even though they had seats available.

i was sober enough to decide against walking but still way too drunk to actually see that the bus i eventually flagged down would take me to an even worse area. i gave the driver a fiver, forgot to get my change, ticket and also forgot to ask where the hell i was going to end up.

we finally go to an area that looked familiar... some s**ty suburb. three women got off with me so i asked them where they were off to. as it turns out they had got on the wrong bus and were going to look for a cab... they also lived a few blocks from my house. waited a few mins for a cab and i asked them if i payed could i share it to my house. they then told me to get stuffed and said they were only talking to me so they had a bloke near them if some idiots decided to make any trouble. i said thanks alot and waited by myself for about 10 mins for another taxi.

so 10 mins pass and i think f-this im off, start walking and about 20 blokes yell out "oi c--t". i pretty much s--t myself and turned to bolt... theres a cab pulling up. never been so releived in all my life. i jump in and about 5 mins into the journey we spot another taxi stopped on a main road.

we pull up to see what the deal was. itd just lost all power and refused to start. the driver then said something to his passengers then asked me if i was willing to share mine with his customers who needed to get home as one felt ill. there were no other cabs in the area as they were all busy in the city. they were also willing to cover the costs. i was about to say yes then i recognised one of them. they were the girls who left me stranded.

i gave them a nice big smile and waved as my cab pulled away. without them.

what a f--kin night. anyone else have as much fun as me?

Old 02-01-2006, 07:19 PM   #2
GTS_300_Coupe
Mandy Moore FTW!

Well I actually saved some guy from dying on New Years morning.
He apparently got so drunk he passed out and almost drowned in his own vomit. (This was in the street too)

I didnt get too drunk but there was plenty of fights out in the streets after the clubs got shutdown at 5am.
Me and my mates caught a taxi home shortly after. :
GTS_300_Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2006, 07:27 PM   #3
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

My night had a female die in a car accident, an 82 year old die of old age, a short pursuit with a HSV Maloo, usual arguements with drunken idiots, domestics and finally got to bed about 4am.

Next year I will be on a RD!! :SaiyanSmi
Redrum is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2006, 07:29 PM   #4
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

The last time I was in Sydney in the early hours of the morning ... do you think a cab would let me in (with my fiancee as well) ... nup ... the drive with their doors locked ... pull over ... ask where we want to go ... then they find we want to go where they didn't (from The Rocks to The Mecure at Central Station) ... and they nick off on you.

bastards.

It's hopeless trying to get a cab to pick you up ... took nearly an hour before a Silver Service cab deicded to let us in (after 5min of reasoning and pleading) ... we could have walked there .. although down near Planet Hollywood is not the best part of town to walk through either at that time of morning.

Another reason why i hate scabby cabbies (sorry to any cab drivers out there ... I have to put up with Sydney cabbies all the time) ... seeing as I do courier work ... I put up with them changing lanes without notice ... stopping without indicating ... driving down one-way streets the wrong way ... turning where they shouldn't be and blocking traffic.

Now when i go into the city ... i drive usually and get parking early before it's all taken ... I actually steer clear of the city at night now altogether.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2006, 07:44 PM   #5
Nevermind
Goodbye XR8

And this is why I go to a friends place or have a party at my place, when i've had enough, bed it only a few steps away...
Old 02-01-2006, 07:47 PM   #6
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTS_300_Coupe
Well I actually saved some guy from dying on New Years morning.

He apparently got so drunk he passed out and almost drowned in his own vomit. (This was in the street too)
Thats sick!
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2006, 07:48 PM   #7
FordFan86
meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft
Thats sick!
Yeah it is. Nice pun.

Perhaps he should have had a warning triangle out?
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2006, 07:49 PM   #8
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Hehehehe, that is a cracker. Had a good ol laugh was sitting here sucking down my Boags St George!!! :
Old 02-01-2006, 08:01 PM   #9
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Had a very quiet New Year's In Eden, NSW. Was camping with friends there. Had a shower late and it was 11:50 when I was walking back to my tent and passed my mates who were on their way to the fireworks display at midnight. We were still walking when it started, could still see and saw the last 5 mins close up. Had a couple of drinks back at the campsite, then nodded off around 1am. Drove home yesterday - good timing too. The 40+ degree weather arrived in Eden yesterday, which we left at midday. Driving with A/C on made it pleasant. Melbourne had already had the hot weather (42 degrees) the day before and the cool change was passing through. Saw the first grey clouds just inside Victoria, and halfway home got the first rain, by the time I got home it was cool and wet - yes I was back in Melbourne for sure .
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2006, 09:28 PM   #10
PH47
Ford Power, in a Merc?

Cant stand going to the city for new years anymore.. the amount of effort, fights, stress, and money is not worth it..

Nearly everyone I know agreed with me so they all came to my place

Was the most fun i've had on a new years in a long time.. just relaxed out.. bbq'ing and drinking dangerous amounts of alcohol.. was good.
PH47 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2006, 12:37 AM   #11
XRated
Shoot.

Mate, that is what you call karma!! I would've given them the bird as the taxi took off. And why those knobs wanted to fight you or something.....??? Some people just need to get a life.

Me on the other hand almost had a fight with my best mate. Now we're barely talking (like a couple of young school girls!). Other than that, I was with my girlfriend who made the night all worth while

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2006, 01:30 AM   #12
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My new years was boring as....

Had bout 5 whiskeys, walked to traino, got to northbridge, found out that nightclubs really are craphouse apart for the eye candy, went back home, got trashed and somehow ended up at my next door neighbours spare bedroom....

scary :(
clontarf_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2006, 01:46 AM   #13
klawsterfobik
Bad Music and Litre Bikes

well no fights... just a couple of good mates, bit of bbq, some good music and a whole heap of fun

Anyway. Enough reality, back to the topic.
klawsterfobik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2006, 01:53 AM   #14
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
My night had a female die in a car accident, an 82 year old die of old age, a short pursuit with a HSV Maloo, usual arguements with drunken idiots, domestics and finally got to bed about 4am.

Next year I will be on a RD!! :SaiyanSmi
whoa """ sorry to hear it dude . hope next year your off so you can enjoy it. cheers.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2006, 01:54 AM   #15
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimzes
after getting getiing blind and at least making it to midnight without passing out i decided it was time to go home.

i didnt expect it to be as easy as walking to to a bus stop and flaggin down a bus but dead set finding a bus that would take me anywhere near my suburb after midnight was damn near impossible. i was about 30 mins walk from home and i was tempted to walk it but when i half sobered up i realised i would have to trek through a not so good part of sydney where ive had a couple of minor "incidents" over the years.

i sat at a bus stop with about 30 people going my general direction. not a cab in sight and 4 busses that would have at least taken me through the bad areas refused to stop even though they had seats available.

i was sober enough to decide against walking but still way too drunk to actually see that the bus i eventually flagged down would take me to an even worse area. i gave the driver a fiver, forgot to get my change, ticket and also forgot to ask where the hell i was going to end up.

we finally go to an area that looked familiar... some s**ty suburb. three women got off with me so i asked them where they were off to. as it turns out they had got on the wrong bus and were going to look for a cab... they also lived a few blocks from my house. waited a few mins for a cab and i asked them if i payed could i share it to my house. they then told me to get stuffed and said they were only talking to me so they had a bloke near them if some idiots decided to make any trouble. i said thanks alot and waited by myself for about 10 mins for another taxi.

so 10 mins pass and i think f-this im off, start walking and about 20 blokes yell out "oi c--t". i pretty much s--t myself and turned to bolt... theres a cab pulling up. never been so releived in all my life. i jump in and about 5 mins into the journey we spot another taxi stopped on a main road.

we pull up to see what the deal was. itd just lost all power and refused to start. the driver then said something to his passengers then asked me if i was willing to share mine with his customers who needed to get home as one felt ill. there were no other cabs in the area as they were all busy in the city. they were also willing to cover the costs. i was about to say yes then i recognised one of them. they were the girls who left me stranded.

that is bloody awesome .sucked in to those girls for being rude.hahaha
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2006, 02:09 AM   #16
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
whoa """ sorry to hear it dude . hope next year your off so you can enjoy it. cheers.
Thanks mate. I sort of get choice of working Christmas or New years. I prefer to work Christmas.
Old 04-01-2006, 04:35 PM   #17
Sagerian
Custom User Title:

Quote:

Wow... Who did you go with? I'm kinda glad I went to Lane Cove now hehe. I'm gonna book a hotel room with a view of the fireworks next year if you're interested mate. No need to have to leave the city.
Just sometimes, in between the first cigarette with coffee in the morning to that four hundredth glass of cornershop p**s at 3am, you do sometimes look at yourself and think... this is fantastic. I'm in heaven.
Sagerian is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2006, 06:24 PM   #18
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

I drank 4 litres of goon and passed out in a swimming pool. Then something happened.

then Something else.

and then there was like this grey mist.

Then I remember.... no....

and then I woke up at home.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2006, 07:29 PM   #19
Sagerian
Custom User Title:

'*Scene missing* syndrome' happens to me all the time.. :(
Just sometimes, in between the first cigarette with coffee in the morning to that four hundredth glass of cornershop p**s at 3am, you do sometimes look at yourself and think... this is fantastic. I'm in heaven.
Old 04-01-2006, 07:36 PM   #20
aimzes
...fairly odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
I drank 4 litres of goon and passed out in a swimming pool. Then something happened.

then Something else.

and then there was like this grey mist.

Then I remember.... no....

and then I woke up at home.
ahahaha.

Quote:
Wow... Who did you go with? I'm kinda glad I went to Lane Cove now hehe. I'm gonna book a hotel room with a view of the fireworks next year if you're interested mate. No need to have to leave the city.
just dan and a few of his mates. it wasnt a bad night, had fun but coming home by myself was... not so good. definatly be interested in that mate!
Old 04-01-2006, 07:48 PM   #21
Marlin_Girl
I wish I was a Pursuit...

My New Years was really quiet. I just went to a BBQ at mates place with my bf, had 3 drinks, fell asleep in my chair and then woke up to watch the fireworks from their front lawn!! In bed by 1:30am

I'm getting old!

pics of my ute HERE
Marlin_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2006, 09:23 PM   #22
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

I sat at home in the loungeroom, with my parents. Watched the fireworks at nine on tv, then the movie on channel 7, then the midnight fireworks, and went to bed about 5 mins after they ended. No alcohol consumed whatsoever.

I'm making myself yawn just thinking about it...
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2006, 10:49 AM   #23
Sagerian
Custom User Title:

Quote:
just dan and a few of his mates. it wasnt a bad night, had fun but coming home by myself was... not so good. definatly be interested in that mate!
Hehe yeah, it'll be alot easier. :