Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 17-04-2012, 09:00 PM   #1
BHDOGS
Banned

Default Au front lower control bushes cactus

Was told today my control arm bushes are cactus was quoted 180 and 130 for bushes for both sides is this a good price or a rip? I imagine I can just buy the nolothane kits remove control arms myself and take somewhere to be pressed out and new ones pressed in any help on what kits to buy or removal tips ect?

BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2012, 09:17 PM   #2
Evgeni
Auto Nerd

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: In recognition of the many hours spent scanning information for the benefit of AFF members. 
Default Re: Au front lower control bushes cactus

Not a bad price, if they are replacing the bushes with nolathane.
Anyway, it is not a big job to get the arms out. Take's about an hour if you have access to a impact.
You have to lower the front crossmember to get the front of the arm out. Just from memory there is a bracket on the top of the crossmember holding the transmission cooler pipes, so jus remember to free it up before you drop it.
To get the bolts out at the back of the arm, it will be a good idea to remove the clips from the rubber boots of the steering rack so you can slide them up and down the tie rods in order to get clearance when you reach the end of the travel of the rack. They grip on quite well, so just give it a squirt of silicone spray to you dont have to work too hard.
Are you ok with separating the ball joints? Apologies in advance if this is something you already know, but a dead hammer blow to the knuckle usually does the trick. Dont hit the stud, or you will damage the thread. Hit what the stud goes through. The bigger the hammer the better. Same for the tie rod ends.

Hope this helps.
Evgeni is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post