Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 04:59 PM   #91
XR6Naranja
XR6 Beast

Default Re: What do FPV's have over HSV's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
trollollolloolllooo.........

you come on a ford forum and bag the product........

great effort..
Same bagging done when testing a brand

Not much just yet but it's only a start.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:32 PM   #92
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

fair enough..

just remember what may seem like off hand comments about a make or model.. especially about a ford on a ford forum..

can get some backs up...

there is a few around here with more than chicken feed tied up in their cars...
Old 08-03-2012, 05:58 PM   #93
XR6Naranja
XR6 Beast

Haha mate, I can definitely say wasn't prepared for it, I expected at most a couple people saying Holdens are completely useless, but no one getting their back up, I was simply on the fence at the time after looking at a couple Holdens and thinking, I haven't seen this is Fords, what's going on.

But after a whole session of back up after back up, I'm back to realizing they are at the same point in most categories with Ford still holding the lead in performance.

Stillll if these turbo charged 2.0L 4 cylinder engine come into play, FG F6 may be the last Falcon I buy.

Old 08-03-2012, 06:05 PM   #94
dimka100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Without having a go at FPV the GTS does have a number of advantages that makes it an overall better package, this was also confirmed by just about every Australian motoring media out there …

Yes the FPV GT has more power BUT the HSV GTS has adjustable electronic dampers (which enables far sportier handling), better 6 piston brakes, better wheels that are both larger and wider + rubber combo and the option for new lightweight wheels, tyre pressure sensors, LED ethnology in rear lights, greater body kit differentiation, better EDI (driver interface), as well as a bunch of other small features …

All in all HSV has a far greater R&D budget highlighted by the amount of effort that went into implementing some of these features and changes to the base model SS … When I look at the FPVs all I’m seeing is a falcon with a bigger engine at the front, larger brakes, and a plastic bodykit, I’m really sorry but the rest of the car is all the same … and for 70K – 80K large buyers tend to expect a little more these days … Also HSV has not been spending much on the existing model seeing its at the end of its life, with the VF coming next year one can expect a raft of huge changes …
Old 08-03-2012, 06:18 PM   #95
XR6Naranja
XR6 Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimka100
Yes the FPV GT has more power BUT the HSV GTS has adjustable electronic dampers (which enables far sportier handling), better 6 piston brakes, better wheels that are both larger and wider + rubber combo and the option for new lightweight wheels, tyre pressure sensors, LED ethnology in rear lights, greater body kit differentiation, better EDI (driver interface), as well as a bunch of other small features …
Kinda what I was looking for..

Adjustable electronic dampers, yeah this is what my dad used when I was in the car, I though it was a neat.

Brakes, if they stop a car, they stop a car..

Wheels, bit of a set back on FPV's behalf, but it's obviously not stopping the quarter mile times.

Tyre pressure sensors, simple pain in the ****, my dad explained to me how he needs to take it to a Holden dealer if he ever changes a wheel, and that any random mechanic can easily break these sensors doing the wrong thing, more expensive to do it this way too.

LED's are just too bright, plain and simple, I'm not blind I can see when someones braking I don't need them to blind me like the sun, their daytime running lights are also very vulnerable.. and at $700 per set, not the best thing to brake, my fog lights are cheaper then that at $30.

Body Kit, that's always personal opinion, personally I don't mind either on HSV or FPV.

Old 08-03-2012, 07:55 PM   #96
4.0i OHC
Computer Torque Control

Quote:
All in all HSV has a far greater R&D budget highlighted by the amount of effort that went into implementing some of these features and changes to the base model SS … When I look at the FPVs all I’m seeing is a falcon with a bigger engine at the front, larger brakes, and a plastic bodykit, I’m really sorry but the rest of the car is all the same … and for 70K – 80K large buyers tend to expect a little more these days … Also HSV has not been spending much on the existing model seeing its at the end of its life, with the VF coming next year one can expect a raft of huge changes …
Could this be because they simply unpack their (rather underwhelming IMO) engines from a crate? As for the brembos, the appropriate competitor for the GTS is the GT-P, which features 6/4 brembos IIRC. I don't know about the HSVs, but the tyre pressure sensor fitted to Volkswagens always seems to be acting up.
As for the interior: yes, there isn't all that much difference between the Falcon and FPV interior, but this is also the case with HSVs IMO (with the exception of a few ****-factor gauges). The base Commodore interior is also sub-Korean in quality. I'm no fan of touch screens in general, or the audio quality provided by both cars. I'll gladly concede that Commodore air conditioning is far superior, though.
Yep, the HSV is a better package, as confirmed by much of the Australian motoring media, which as it happens is comprised of individuals such as Gover, Dowling and Hagon. I know that if I were putting down money for a large Aussie performance sedan, I'd take the one with the great-sounding boosted inline six which doesn't happen to have all its power shoved up high in the rev range, much more balanced handling (though slightly less outright grip), and no massive on-centre dead spot in the steering. As far as I'm concerned, Holden hasn't offered a decent V8 since VT series I, and no decent six since the smooth-as-silk VL.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:58 PM   #97
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Without having a go at FPV the GTS does have a number of advantages that makes it an overall better package, this was also confirmed by just about every Australian motoring media out there …

And the GT STILL keeps up
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
Old 08-03-2012, 09:34 PM   #98
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

OK .... time to wrap things up.

No need to say who would win a FPV vs HSV thread ON A FORD FORUM! Yep .... there will be bias. Yep ..... many here do get sick of reading crap about their rides and Yep .... some just come here just to stir or think it should be more of a 'balanced' discussion pfffft. Sure everyone would accknowledge the good and bad bits from both but in the end ....... look at the banner at the top? Should give you an indication on where you are ...... so if you are thinking all this is 'un-fun' ...... go into LS1 and tell them that FPV is faster and better than HSV. You would find that amusing ..... or just leave as no one is forcing anyone to log on.

If anyone wants to know what you go through to comparing a car ........ there is this thread I did last year. It was a long drawn out process. In my mind of course I wanted the GT but wanted to justify my decision in my own mind. GT of course won
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11316059

Thanks for all that contributed to this amusing thread ....... Sorry to those who think things are UN FUN ...... I will try and be more amusing next time.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Closed Thread