Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-02-2012, 03:19 AM   #31
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Default Re: Ford vows to stage comeback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
Goods news, about time someone wrote something nice!!!

I hope Falcon sales are better from here on, so the Vfacts topics that come every month are more positives. And all the negative people can Shut the F up!!.
i just wanted everyone to read this again
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2012, 03:27 AM   #32
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

I thought it was time I posted something positive...so I did..

Wouldn't it be great if figures bounced back to November sales numbers this month,
that would take the pressure off for a bit and make the scribes think hard about what to write...

Six more weeks and Ecoboost will be here, not long to go.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2012, 03:50 AM   #33
1TUFFUTE
Banned

no one knows its coming so its not like the current line up should suffer from too many sitters haha
Old 21-02-2012, 11:25 AM   #34
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
Goods news, about time someone wrote something nice!!!

I hope Falcon sales are better from here on, so the Vfacts topics that come every month are more positives. And all the negative people can Shut the F up!!.
I think everyone should read your post again too. It is a Ford Forum and here is some good news.

Ford will be back on the sales podium and some nicer numbers will be forthcoming. They are also pretty clear they, Ford Australia are up for the fight and backing it with solid product.

Just think the Ecoboost is just weeks away, the Figo ultra light city car will be here mid year.

I also agree with JP that the EcoLPi builds may not all have orders attached to them, but they are probably wanting to build forward stock to allow them to ramp up EcoBoost production in April. Getting that out as soon as possible.

Meanwhile Territory is still going very strong, with a high mix of diesel and hig trim levels. ie nicely profitable for Ford / Broadmeadows.

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2012, 11:30 AM   #35
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb2monty
So what about the ones recently damaged? Obviously it gets to an extent where it delays them by that long, the new owners are told about it? Why would Knox Ford advertise hail damaged cars fully repaired and with full warranty at discount prices?
They have to legally tell the owners that they are hail damaged. The cars are repaired as good as new, or at least as good as they can be, some dints will still be visible in the right light but very hard to pick.

I seen a G6E T that was hail damaged at Ford and you could not pick it... dealer still had to tell customers that it was ex hail though. Good time to be buying an FG2 or an SZ Territory, the savings are huge.
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2012, 05:17 PM   #36
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT
They have to legally tell the owners that they are hail damaged. The cars are repaired as good as new, or at least as good as they can be, some dints will still be visible in the right light but very hard to pick.

I seen a G6E T that was hail damaged at Ford and you could not pick it... dealer still had to tell customers that it was ex hail though. Good time to be buying an FG2 or an SZ Territory, the savings are huge.
thats exactly what i thought to....there was an article where they said this and also the standrd amount ford was discounting tee fully repaired new ones CHEAP CHEAP
Old 21-02-2012, 05:44 PM   #37
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE
thats exactly what i thought to....there was an article where they said this and also the standrd amount ford was discounting tee fully repaired new ones CHEAP CHEAP
Yep and living in wonderful QLD your bound to get hit by hail one day... Ive had 3 cars hail damaged in 10 years so I would not lose sleep buying a brand new car that has had hail dints repaired using paint less dent removal. Most of the cars hit in Melbourne only have 6 - 7 dints over the body, its not like they look like oranges with 2000 dimples in them.
Old 21-02-2012, 06:10 PM   #38
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Did anyone catch the double standard with Mondeo?
Quote:
He also said limited supply of diesel engines for the Mondeo mid-sizer is hurting sales
because that fuel type accounts for such a high proportion of the model’s local volume.
And then this clunker:

Quote:
The next-generation Mondeo will continue to be sourced from Europe but
Mr Katic said moving productionbof Ford’s mid-sizer to Thailand would not help
because the diesel engines are produced in Europe and the company is not
about to invest in a diesel engine manufacturing facility in Asia,
where petrol engines are preferred.
Huh?
So Australia and New Zealand suffer because Asia wants petrol Mondeo and Ford
isn't about to build a disesl plant where there's no chance of sales...

Hmm, maybe that diesel plant or assembly of diesels should be at Geelong engine
so that secure supplies of diesel engines can go to our Mondeo, Kuga and Focus...

Last edited by jpd80; 21-02-2012 at 06:19 PM.
Old 21-02-2012, 06:16 PM   #39
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Light at the end of the tunnel yet, good to see some positive reporting. Hopefully we can see a turn around
Old 21-02-2012, 06:44 PM   #40
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
Did anyone catch the double standard with Mondeo?

And then this clunker:

Huh?
So Australia and New Zealand suffer because Asia wants petrol Mondeo and Ford
isn't about to build a disesl plant where there's no chance of sales...

Hmm, maybe that diesel plant or assembly of diesels should be at Geelong engine
so that secure supplies of diesel engines can go to our Mondeo, Kuga and Focus...
I wonder if there is a price differential between diesel and ulp in Asia in general such that petrol is cheaper and so vehicles are not favoured running on diesel..?

A Geelong diesel plant would certainly help everyone, although for how long as it seems all the rumours suggest future emission regs are making it harder for diesels to comply.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2012, 10:15 PM   #41
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 

Modern diesel tech is with CGI block construction, is Geelong capable of matching that?

The number one certainty IMO with 2016 Falcon is I6 is gone. If I4 diesel production could fill that void it would be great. The extra revenue from diesel sales over petrol may even result in more profit per unit. It would need to be a solid business case though I'd assume. Something more than 5 digits in volume.
FPV GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2012, 10:34 PM   #42
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

For the price of a V6 diesel, Ford might be able to supply an I-4 Ecoboost hybrid
Old 21-02-2012, 11:03 PM   #43
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:

No they don't need to disclose that their new ordered car had a few repaired dents from hail or otherwise. If proven otherwise I will be telling a quite a few people I know that they are breaking a law.

For one ..... If I received my new car I would not appreciate being told that it has been damaged and repaired because of hail ...... I would rather not know. I have seen damaged cars at Ford and at dealers (small things ... not major) and the customer would not be told as the fix up is as good as new again or it would not go through final inspection at the dealer. Even going through production things get 'fixed up' and during the final testing there are mishaps.

Ford salesman ... "Here's your brand new car, thanks for the cheque, sorry it took so long but it had a few dents by hail and we had to fix them but it wasn't bad enough to be written off. Hope that's OK? ..... Enjoy!"

Lets not get too sidetracked on this but.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2012, 11:11 PM   #44
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau
No they don't need to disclose that their new ordered car had a few repaired dents from hail or otherwise. If proven otherwise I will be telling a quite a few people I know that they are breaking a law.

For one ..... If I received my new car I would not appreciate being told that it has been damaged and repaired because of hail ...... I would rather not know. I have seen damaged cars at Ford and at dealers (small things ... not major) and the customer would not be told as the fix up is as good as new again or it would not go through final inspection at the dealer. Even going through production things get 'fixed up' and during the final testing there are mishaps.

Ford salesman ... "Here's your brand new car, thanks for the cheque, sorry it took so long but it had a few dents by hail and we had to fix them but it wasn't bad enough to be written off. Hope that's OK? ..... Enjoy!"

As you have mentioned before, there is a heck of a difference between a few minor dents being
pulled out with paint less repair versus severe damage and bruising to structural pillars and
most of the upper surfaces. It.s the degree that matters and I doubt that you'd
find any dealers or Ford reps trying to pass off severely damaged product as repairable.
Old 21-02-2012, 11:45 PM   #45
Buntz
Straight Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV GTHO
Modern diesel tech is with CGI block construction, is Geelong capable of matching that?

The number one certainty IMO with 2016 Falcon is I6 is gone. If I4 diesel production could fill that void it would be great. The extra revenue from diesel sales over petrol may even result in more profit per unit. It would need to be a solid business case though I'd assume. Something more than 5 digits in volume.
As hopeful as I am Falcon will continue in it's current form in most part.

It's most likely the end of the road for the beloved I6.

Can we all share a minute of silence for the I6 when that happens?
Old 22-02-2012, 02:51 AM   #46
1TUFFUTE
Banned

from memory the press release appeared to be more of a ford standard that the customers r told theyre car was hail damaged...specifically with the latest batch down south...not as a general rule. Dont quote me but it makes sense ford would release this to the public and assume dealers do the right thing...even tho it most of the time is certainly not needed.

and im a big anough man to admit being sad to see the 4.0 go...but if it means falcon lives on then put whatever diesel or turboP combos that willsuit the market....im sure most will be fine with that...
Old 22-02-2012, 07:54 AM   #47
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

A friend of mine ordered an XR6 which suffered hail damage. He was offered the car at a discounted price, repaired, if he still took delivery. Only $500 off though.
Old 22-02-2012, 02:40 PM   #48
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

In the end, the result of Ford's ability to fight back comes down to quality of product (definitely) and the ability to supply (questionable).

The fact that Ford are talking about a fightback is the best thing really.

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2012, 02:43 PM   #49
Foylema
BOOST

its really up to the dealers!!
Old 22-02-2012, 03:22 PM   #50
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau

Under the local fair trade laws in each state they have to tell you if the vehicle was damaged.... Otherwise none of the dealers would disclose it, they would fix them and move on.

Most of them are using the hail damaged cars to get people in the door, as soon as people hear hail damage the automatically think they are saving thousands.... Dumb I know.

see

http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/Co...arranties.html

"Hail damage

Dealers are required to declare if a new vehicle has been damaged by hail irrespective of whether the vehicle has been repaired or not. The disclosure must be made via a Form 13 that the dealer and the purchaser sign before or at the time of sale."

This is for NSW...

For VIC

http://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/news-...m-damaged-cars

New cars

If you are buying a hail-damaged new car at a discounted price, the dealer has an obligation under the Australian Consumer Law to inform you about any defect, whether it is visible or not. For example, the dealer must tell you if hail has damaged the bonnet or water has affected the car's electronics.
Once the dealer informs you of the circumstances that resulted in the discounted price, you buy the car at your own risk.
Check the status of the manufacturer’s warranty with the dealer before you buy.

People have a right to know!

Anyone who not notified can take action against the selling dealer... The local authorities will fine them straight away.

Last edited by Smoke Pursuit; 22-02-2012 at 03:50 PM.
Old 22-02-2012, 10:19 PM   #51
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV GTHO

The casting plant would require a bit of upgrading if it was going to do CGI, it was a new process that requires specialised machinery to do it.

But if they were going to build it for the Australian market they could probably get away with using a cast iron block, would be easy to do and if it was an I4 to replace the I6 it would probably still be lighter than the I6 anyway being smaller.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2012, 10:25 PM   #52
martyk54

Great to hear some positivity. I'll be hopefully picking up my FG2 XR6T Ute next week, and replacing it with another Falcon in 3 years time.
martyk54 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2012, 10:33 PM   #53
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Under the local fair trade laws in each state they have to tell you if the vehicle was damaged.... Otherwise none of the dealers would disclose it, they would fix them and move on.

For VIC

http://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/news-...m-damaged-cars

People have a right to know!

Anyone who not notified can take action against the selling dealer... The local authorities will fine them straight away.
Yes thats where it is ..... knew it was around but was looking at the Vic Roads web site .....

In bold says what they have to do ..... 2 words together mean the difference on what has to be disclosed. New & discounted.

New cars

If you are buying a hail-damaged new car at a discounted price, the dealer has an obligation under the Australian Consumer Law to inform you about any defect, whether it is visible or not .......

Fair or not ...... ? Haven't decided. Loop hole or not? Don't know.

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 22-02-2012, 10:42 PM   #54
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Alot of PDR blokes are doing working holidays in melburne,...

I was talking to one, and he said the damage was light, and a few cars are being passed on to the dealers.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2012, 10:46 PM   #55
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Don;t even know how we got so far off track! My apologies for that ......

Good news story turns into a hail damage discussion! There was a link there somewhere

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 22-02-2012, 10:49 PM   #56
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

LPI, EB4, V6Di...

should all work towards building numbers...

The Falcon/terri should definitely bounce back...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post